: new system install help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quick3425
03-04-05, 07:14 PM
just bought a 92 eldo and the factory system sucks!!! bought four infinity kappas and a pioneer head unit... question is can i use aftermarket wiring harness kit for install?? this way i wont have to re run speaker wires. and does this system have a amp or not?? where do i look to see?? thanks in advance.....

chuckdobbins
03-04-05, 08:43 PM
i dont know if theres an amp. if its got a stock bose stereo than it probably does. just tear out your trunk liners, youll find it if you have one.

with the speaker wires...just cut the stock harnesses off the wires. go get some crimp-on female connectors that match the size of the male ends on your speakers. and youre good to go....kinda lol. cuz you might have clearance issues with the kappas. cuz i did with my kappas.
oh...and careful with the polarity on those speaker wires. im not sure which colors are which...someone around here must have already run into that though.

99GravyTrain
03-05-05, 12:29 PM
Go in behind your trunk and unsrew your backseats. All the wireing and ish is behind there once you take out the seat.

quick3425
03-06-05, 11:10 AM
thanks, and chuck, did you use your kappas?? what did you have to do to getem in???

chuckdobbins
03-10-05, 02:11 AM
I used them. Very tedious work getting them in. For my car it was anyways.

The magnets on the 6x9's were too big to fit in the stock location. I had to pry away a good deal of metal to get the magnets to drop through.

The 4x6 plate speakers up front were alot worse. Not only was the magnet larger, but it wasn't inthe middle of the plate. So I had to snap away just about all the plastic in sight to get enough clearance.

If it doesn't fit, you make it fit. lol