: New member

Ryan1961
07-23-13, 03:34 AM
Hello everybody
My name is Ryan borg and I live in Melbourne, Australia.
I have a 1961 series 62 convertible which I imported from Florida.
I look forward to sharing and gaining knowledge from these forums as the Cadillac scene over here is pretty much non existant.

A question that Im having trouble finding information on is would I be able to swap the hydramatic transmission over to something abit more modern like a T400? Would there be much engineering work to do or would it bolt straight in?
Many thanks
Ryan

Faith76
07-23-13, 11:10 AM
Hi Ryan. Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but I wanted to welcome you.

CadillacLuke24
07-23-13, 01:57 PM
Hello everybody
My name is Ryan borg and I live in Melbourne, Australia.
I have a 1961 series 62 convertible which I imported from Florida.
I look forward to sharing and gaining knowledge from these forums as the Cadillac scene over here is pretty much non existant.

A question that Im having trouble finding information on is would I be able to swap the hydramatic transmission over to something abit more modern like a T400? Would there be much engineering work to do or would it bolt straight in?
Many thanks
Ryan

1. Welcome :thumbsup:

2. Post your question in the RWD forum appropriate to your Cadillac :D

3. In my own very amateur and inexperienced opinion, I would imagine there likely is some way to achieve what you are wanting to do. There is a large time difference between the car you have and the trans you want, but anything is possible with enough work and money. Good luck! :excited:

77CDV
07-23-13, 10:36 PM
:welcome: I know it's been done, but I don't know they kept the 390.

talismandave
07-25-13, 12:16 AM
Hi Ryan,
I don't know about the Cadillac scene in your area, but we seem to have quite a few members from Oz around the forum. :hmm:
Either it is more active than you know, or every single owner from down under finds their way here!:lol:
Good on ya for the 61 Cadillac convertible:thumbsup:, wonderful car!:worship:

:welcome5:

orconn
07-25-13, 01:08 AM
I am puzzled. I owned a 1962 series 62 convertible back in the 1960's and I don't remember the transmission in the car being at all annoying or a problem. So it amazes me that you would want change the one in your car.

At any rate good luck with your car and keep us posted!