: What is an old Cadillac worth?

orconn
07-23-13, 01:10 AM
Let's say it is ten to twenty years old, has under 100,000 miles on its odometer, has been well cared for by a Cadillac agency or by an knowledgeable owner using professional mechanics, the car has all its' service records which show all service has been done on schedule and car is in serviceable daily driver condition. What would it be worth in toady's market?

ben.gators
07-23-13, 02:02 AM
I think it depends on the model! A very clean 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham should be worth more than 10k, whereas a 1996 Deville may or may not be worth half of that!

As for the Seville, I think 5k is a very good price tag for a clean 2000+ STS with less than 100k miles on its odometer.

orconn
07-23-13, 02:11 AM
What about a Seville STS, Ben?

ben.gators
07-23-13, 04:12 AM
5K? :p

MoistCabbage
07-23-13, 04:20 AM
I don't get this thread. 10-20 years old? No specific model, trim level or mileage? The imaginary car is worth somewhere between $0 and $15,000. :hmm:

bigm57ict
07-23-13, 10:10 AM
With a car that old, there are so many factors. There really is no "book value" that you can depend on.
Mileage is a huge factor. I've seen a '95 Deville that was really nice looking but had high mileage being offered for sale for $2000. It sat there for a long time with no takers. On the other hand, a lot near me had a '95 Deville with 52,000 miles on it. They were asking $7000. I thought they were nuts until I went back a few days later and it was gone!

EcSTSatic
07-23-13, 10:30 AM
I don't get this thread. 10-20 years old? No specific model, trim level or mileage? The imaginary car is worth somewhere between $0 and $15,000. :hmm:

/\ I agree. It's mostly subjective. And what is a "toady"?

The-Dullahan
07-23-13, 11:36 AM
10-20 years old? Value? Like...real life money?

I couldn't imagine actually paying for a 1993-2003 Cadillac.

----------

What is a "toady"?

A well-chosen adjective to describe 93-03 Cadillacs, actually. I can totally see the resemblance to a toad.

http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/06/cars/1993_Cadillac_Deville-3.jpg

Faith76
07-23-13, 11:57 AM
My 89 Sedan Deville had 48K miles and was in mint condition. It had been kept in the garage and had all of the service records. I paid 5,700. I got a steal though! It was on the lot for 4 days before I grabbed it. The dealer said he took one look at me with my cat eye glasses and Sun Records T-Shirt and my BF with his sideburns and pompadour and knew we had to have it.

CTSCHICK
07-23-13, 12:05 PM
I scraped my 91 Seville for $300

cadillac kevin
07-23-13, 12:27 PM
My 89 Sedan Deville had 48K miles and was in mint condition. It had been kept in the garage and had all of the service records. I paid 5,700. I got a steal though! It was on the lot for 4 days before I grabbed it. The dealer said he took one look at me with my cat eye glasses and Sun Records T-Shirt and my BF with his sideburns and pompadour and knew we had to have it.

5700 is more than I would pay, but those fwd devilles/ fleetwoods are getting harder and harder to find in good shape, let alone in really really nice shape. Yours looks brand new!

Faith76
07-23-13, 12:36 PM
5700 is more than I would pay, but those fwd devilles/ fleetwoods are getting harder and harder to find in good shape, let alone in really really nice shape. Yours looks brand new!

It really does look brand new. Except for that ding the Dbag at Walmart made.

CadillacLuke24
07-23-13, 02:48 PM
Different things to different people. Chamus would NOT buy one. On the other hand, I will continue to keep my old girl on the road LONG after anyone else would have traded her in.

FMV for these cars, based on general ideology from what I've seen, is $1,000 to $10,000, all makes and models considered. Late 90's Cadillacs are topping out around 5K, with Sevilles generally being more expensive as they are rarer. DeVilles, even well cared for and relatively low mileage, rarely clear 3K. "Low" is about what My car is at. It's downhill from there. It seems that the 00+ Cadillacs are closer to ten, again with relatively low miles and in good state of repair. Cars with incredibly low miles, such as 25K or less, start out at 3 times the going rate, and adjust according to demand.

To answer orconn's question, a general idea would be $3K for a late 90s DeVille, $5K for a Seville, $6K to $7K for a 00+ DeVille, and around $7K for a Seville. Keep in mind these are very general figures, and I am going off VERY unscientifically collected data.

Gonna sell yours orconn, or get another?

truckinman
07-23-13, 03:03 PM

I completely agree. I don't see a point to such a loaded question with many loose ends and variables. If you really wanna know, go to auto trader and look at them and figure an average from that. If that doesn't answer it for you, than I don't think there will be a right answer for you here either. Just more opinions.

bigm57ict
07-23-13, 03:08 PM
The nice thing about that generation, though - keep it in good condition and it is unlikely to drop much in value. We're pretty much at the bottom of the depreciation curve. I expect values to start going up in a few years. The book value of mine has changed very little since I bought it 4-5 years ago.

----------

I completely agree. I don't see a point to such a loaded question with many loose ends and variables. If you really wanna know, go to auto trader and look at them and figure an average from that. If that doesn't answer it for you, than I don't think there will be a right answer for you here either. Just more opinions.

Based on numerous posts, I suspect Orconn is not really looking for a specific answer on this. He just likes to start discussions :)

truckinman
07-23-13, 03:14 PM
The nice thing about that generation, though - keep it in good condition and it is unlikely to drop much in value. We're pretty much at the bottom of the depreciation curve. I expect values to start going up in a few years. The book value of mine has changed very little since I bought it 4-5 years ago.

----------

Based on numerous posts, I suspect Orconn is not really looking for a specific answer on this. He just likes to start discussions :)

I figured. Lol. Even still just seemed a bit...broad none the less. But, hey, what ever keeps that boat of his afloat! Lol

CadillacLuke24
07-23-13, 07:04 PM
KBB this summer listed the old girl as $2800 for private party, and I think about $2000 for trade in.

Faith76
07-24-13, 01:31 AM
KBB doesn't go back as far as mine :(

bigm57ict
07-24-13, 09:54 AM
Try NADA. It has a section for classic cars

Faith76
07-24-13, 12:31 PM
Try NADA. It has a section for classic cars

That worked! 5,350 high retail. I think considering the low mileage and stellar condition it qualifies as high retail. 5700 not a bad deal since I got new brakes, tires and a full tank of gas out of it too!

EcSTSatic
07-24-13, 01:31 PM
That worked! 5,350 high retail. I think considering the low mileage and stellar condition it qualifies as high retail. 5700 not a bad deal since I got new brakes, tires and a full tank of gas out of it too!

You are happy and that is all that matters!