: Lease vs buying

BEarle
07-23-13, 12:37 AM
Which would you rather?

hcvone
07-23-13, 12:46 PM
I used to lease until my dealer told me the way I keep my cars and trucks you would be better to buy them, and it was right for me after seeing what they were getting for my end of lease cars and trucks in resale. Talk you your or a accountant to see what is right for you :)

sdgc
07-23-13, 01:36 PM
There are so many variables that its way to vauge of a question. Personally I bought my vehicles, and there was one i dumped after a year and a half due to too many problems (Subaru Outback) that I wished i leased that one. IF you keep long term, definately buy, but there are also some cases you can come out on top if you buy and dump in a short time frame. Is it cash deal, is it monthly (whats bank rate vs dealer etc)....

blackex
07-23-13, 01:59 PM
I would wait for the new model to be released before making any moves. The 2007-2014 version will drop in price once the 2015 model is released and you may like that design better than the current one.

BEarle
07-23-13, 02:32 PM
I plan on buying the new model coming out (if it looks good) if not I'm really feeling the new CTS. My uncle and cousins both lease their escalades and swear by it. The only problem is that they pay like $700.00 for a lease! I bought mine and with my last trade in I pay $430 a month and I "own" mine. I usually do 48 month payments and when the payments are up and the warranty is up I get rid of it.

sdgc
07-23-13, 06:54 PM
THe thing with the lease is if you dont like the vehicle its a lot easier to walk away and lease something else, however, if you play your cards right, when you own the vehicle you can at least make some money back. THeres pros and cons of both... but i DEFINATELY would not buy or lease verison 1 of the new design.... let them work out the kinks.. i am sure it will look awsome, but just look at the issues between models 2007 to 2013... lots of tweaks and bugs get worked out by the manufacturer.

Punmax
07-25-13, 04:30 AM
I plan on buying the new model coming out (if it looks good) if not I'm really feeling the new CTS. My uncle and cousins both lease their escalades and swear by it. The only problem is that they pay like $700.00 for a lease! I bought mine and with my last trade in I pay $430 a month and I "own" mine. I usually do 48 month payments and when the payments are up and the warranty is up I get rid of it.

$700? Jesus. How much down do they put down? Here in Canada, it'll cost upwards of $1000+ to lease an Escalade.

corvette00
07-25-13, 03:13 PM
I have been leasing mine thru US Bank and actually selling out of the leases early due to the present strong resale values. US Bank seems to work with you more than the the old GMAC. I only kept my 2012 for a year and got into the identical 2013 for $20 less a month

BEarle
07-25-13, 04:26 PM
I hope the strong resale keeps its momentum by the time the new model arrives.

corvette00
07-26-13, 10:31 AM
I figure you are protected with leasing if it does not