: Fluids - What do I need and how much of it?

John P
07-22-13, 08:13 PM
Hi Guys, I know all I seem to do is ask for help but you all seem to know exactly whats best and what does the job well.

Im going to change all the fluids on the Escalade along with spark plugs and oil and air filters. Is there anything else I need to change?

But my main question is;

What engine oil and how many litres?
What transmission oil and how many litres?
What transfer case oil and how many litres?
What front and rear diff oil and how many litres?

I have done a search but its hard to work out whats what and whats needed...so confused. Im in Scotland so trying my best to figure out quartz etc so if you know litres then that would be amazing haha.

Thanks

John

the cadillac man
07-22-13, 10:04 PM
Hi Guys, I know all I seem to do is ask for help but you all seem to know exactly whats best and what does the job well.

Im going to change all the fluids on the Escalade along with spark plugs and oil and air filters. Is there anything else I need to change?

But my main question is;

What engine oil and how many litres?
What transmission oil and how many litres?
What transfer case oil and how many litres?
What front and rear diff oil and how many litres?

I have done a search but its hard to work out whats what and whats needed...so confused. Im in Scotland so trying my best to figure out quartz etc so if you know litres then that would be amazing haha.

Thanks

John

The engine takes 6 quarts
There is a sticky for the front and rear diffs
The transmission fluid isn't recommended unless the transmission needs service as it is best to replace filter in the transmission at the same time

YoshiMan
07-24-13, 01:08 AM
What year is yours John P?

I can tell you the 03's take 75w-90 SYNTHETIC gear oil in the differentials. I can;t tell you how many liters, but its about 3 quarts in the front, and the back is like.... 5 or so i think.. The rear diff is a PAIN to do because (at least on mine) there is no drain plug and you have to pull the differential cover to drain it.

The transmission and transfer case specify Dexron-III ATF fluid. The T-case takes a little over two quarts if i'm not mistaken, and the Transmission i couldn't tell you, because i rounded the hell out of the drain plug and now may have to drop the whole pan to fix it... OOPS!:ill:

John P
07-24-13, 01:38 PM
Mine is a 2004 I'm sure.

Thanks for you reply, Very helpful!

the cadillac man
07-24-13, 05:22 PM
Guys I can check my service manual and see what it calls for the tranny fluid level

wesyder
07-24-13, 06:37 PM
What year is yours John P?

I can tell you the 03's take 75w-90 SYNTHETIC gear oil in the differentials. I can;t tell you how many liters, but its about 3 quarts in the front, and the back is like.... 5 or so i think.. The rear diff is a PAIN to do because (at least on mine) there is no drain plug and you have to pull the differential cover to drain it.

The transmission and transfer case specify Dexron-III ATF fluid. The T-case takes a little over two quarts if i'm not mistaken, and the Transmission i couldn't tell you, because i rounded the hell out of the drain plug and now may have to drop the whole pan to fix it... OOPS!:ill:

For a 2005 i show
Trans 5 qts with pan drop
Front diff 1.51 qts
Rear diff 2.15 qts
Transfer case 1.5 qts