: help me fix my caddi

jsrey79
03-03-05, 05:47 PM
whats up everyone im new here i have a 2000 caddi catera i just got back from iraq and got the car back from the misses. it wasnt kept up good at all so i have some work to do (oil change, lights out) the radio wont turn on when the car is on only when the car is off, neither will onstar or the interior lights. has anyone experienced this before if so what is it or what do you guys suggest i check out first. any help is much appreciated and i'll get the car up to shape quick. thanks

Vesicant
03-03-05, 08:36 PM
Welcome back to country :cheers: . Soldier? Red cross? ...

Was the car jump-started when you got back or did the battery die?

If this is so...

It sounds like some fuses popped or the BCM (body control module) is having a bad time. In your owners manual on pages 6-30 to 6-63 . This also shows where the main fuse panel is , under the knee pad below the steeringwheel (comes off with a couple of screws).

Check this post out too with reguards to the radio : http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=257099&postcount=4

jsrey79
03-04-05, 02:07 PM
first of all thanks for the welcome back,great to be home. im in the army.
well the car has never been jumped at least to my knowledge and hasnt had any battery problems before. ill check the fuses underneath thats another thing i cant find the owners manual after i got home but i got a copy online. where exactly is the BCM? well ill let you know what happens thanks.

CATERA 98
03-04-05, 04:50 PM
first of all thanks for the welcome back,great to be home. im in the army.
well the car has never been jumped at least to my knowledge and hasnt had any battery problems before. ill check the fuses underneath thats another thing i cant find the owners manual after i got home but i got a copy online. where exactly is the BCM? well ill let you know what happens thanks.

welcome back jsrey79, i got i catera 98, and i also lost my users manual, can u tell me where did u get it from!! the URL link if u can.
and hope u get ur car quickly in shape ;-)

jsrey79
03-04-05, 05:06 PM
thanks catera98, well i got the owners manual online at www.mygmlink.com (http://www.mygmlink.com) all you have to do is register your car and you will have all the info you need, plus any recalls and so forth. its a good website hope that helps you out man.
by the way jeff i found the prob, i guess i didnt check all the fuses thoroughly, one labeled clamp was blown i replaced it and it worked. thanks for the help. now my LEVELING light is coming on while im driving,not all the time but damnit if its not one thing its another. what to do now??!!

CATERA 98
03-04-05, 06:00 PM
jsrey79 i know this site but i'm in germany man so i could'nt enter the zip code cause this site is only for the us and canada :-((( thank u so much for ur answer

Vesicant
03-04-05, 09:22 PM
by the way jeff i found the prob, i guess i didnt check all the fuses thoroughly, one labeled clamp was blown i replaced it and it worked. thanks for the help. now my LEVELING light is coming on while im driving,not all the time but damnit if its not one thing its another. what to do now??!!

Does the light stay on solid or does it just come on occasionally? I believe that if its blinking then theres an issue. It might be worth checking for leaks comming from the bags in the rear and the lines leading up to them.

CATERA 98
03-05-05, 06:27 AM
jsrey79, i asked some guys here in munich, and told them about ur problem! they told me that u have to take off the battery for 15min then when u put the cables again everything well be reprogrammed from the car alone!!! but for sure u have to reprogramm the sunroof( u will find it in the user's manual) and the radio (PIN #) !

hope this is right! take care

jsrey79
03-15-05, 01:33 PM
hey the radio problem is back, for some reason the clamp fuse on the bottom left corner keeps blowing. everytime i turn the car on the fuse blows. this controls the onstar, interior lights and radio while the car is on. but when the car is off it all works. hmmm anyone know the issue maybe. help me out.