: Just bought an '09....warranty runs out next Wednesday...

Chops442
07-22-13, 02:52 PM
Already going to have them fix the driver's door as it has the "radio doesn't always turn off" issue...

What would you folks nominate as any other common issues that I might want to investigate before next Wed when the 5 year bumper to bumper expires?

Thanks guys...long time lurker finally had to buy one....

DCV
07-22-13, 03:29 PM
Just go to a dealer and have them really go through the car top to bottom.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-22-13, 03:45 PM
Already going to have them fix the driver's door as it has the "radio doesn't always turn off" issue...

What would you folks nominate as any other common issues that I might want to investigate before next Wed when the 5 year bumper to bumper expires?

Thanks guys...long time lurker finally had to buy one....

Hello Chops442,

Welcome to the forum! I see you recently purchased a 2009 CTS-V. I hope you are enjoying your Cadillac so far! DVC offered good advice for when you go to the dealer in regards to warranty work. If you ever have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Trapspeed
07-22-13, 05:40 PM
Have them check for an oil leak "that you've seen" and see if they determine your pan gasket area needs replaced. That's a common leak.

Chops442
07-22-13, 07:17 PM
Awesome....thanks folks!!

Trapspeed
07-22-13, 08:12 PM
Awesome....thanks folks!!

For what it's worth, I got two new rear shocks due to a clicking noise when stopping/starting. That and a new hub.

1997BlackETC
07-23-13, 01:04 AM
Might not be too late to buy an extended warrantee since the current warrantee is still active, I believe you still could get a GMPP, once your current warrantee expires you don't have this option anymore. I had bought mine on a previous car through Black Cadillac for a great deal, just google them.

Zhariak
07-23-13, 08:17 AM
Might not be too late to buy an extended warrantee since the current warrantee is still active, I believe you still could get a GMPP, once your current warrantee expires you don't have this option anymore. I had bought mine on a previous car through Black Cadillac for a great deal, just google them.

Always extend the warranty. Always always always! :) Make's life simple.

baabootoo
07-23-13, 10:37 AM
Yes, I just bought my extended warranty last week.

AKA ZR1
07-24-13, 05:04 PM
Have a 09 as well, had a oil pan gasket leak for a long time now not enough to make a mess on garage floor but though I'd get it fixed before warrantys out. Have a look underneath for that.

baabootoo
07-25-13, 12:05 AM
Isn't it 4 year B.T.B. and 5-year powertrain?