: Rainsense on Luxury I

STSClint
07-22-13, 01:04 PM
Hello all. I was wondering if there was any way I could add rainsense to my 2007 Luxury I DTS. I first need to find the rainsense sensor for the windshield, and then there should be a plug somewhere? I heard that it can be done just want some input

TopherS
07-22-13, 02:15 PM
I don't know whether a factory Rainsense system can be added or not. I don't know about the DTS, but when I had a 2001 Park Avenue with Rainsense, I went through 2 windshields due to rocks and both times the windshield was replaced, the windshield was different than a standard Park Avenue windshield because my car had the Rainsense system. It may be so with the DTS, as well...something to consider.

If you find that you cannot add the Rainsense system, check into the RainTracker system...an aftermarket system that can be added to most cars. It won't be factory, but it accomplishes the same task.

Good luck in whichever way you go.

Superjim
07-22-13, 05:25 PM
I think the turn signal stalk is different also...

DevilleDeeman
07-23-13, 10:58 AM
Wouldn't be worth it in my book, the rainsense for GM is okay but not that accurate, have this feature on my 2008 Saturn Vue and also on my old 2001 Buick PA Ultra.
Windshield, dash sensor and different turn signal arm equals a lot of work.

STSClint
07-23-13, 11:52 AM
Oh well! I am doing a few other things to my car in the mean time. I decided to buy a wood accented steering wheel off ebay! I also hooked up an intellibeam mirror! Next on my list is to add a NAV head unit! Slowly making my Luxury I into a Luxury III!

DevilleDeeman
07-23-13, 12:07 PM
How hard was it to change steering wheels? I have heated leather wrapped on my DTS not sure if woodgrain would work.

STSClint
07-23-13, 02:27 PM
EASY. Theres a youtube video that shows the easy way

DevilleDeeman
07-23-13, 02:40 PM
EASY. Theres a youtube video that shows the easy way
I`m also asking if the woodgrain has the heat option, I live in Canada and here the heated steering option is a good thing in the winter.

TulsaVic
07-23-13, 04:52 PM
The factory furnished wood grain steering wheel does have the heat option. But only the leather portion is heated.

Asguard726
07-23-13, 11:46 PM
yes I can confirm the wood and leather steering wheels get warm on the leather bits at three and nine o'clock positions if you have
that option. I really love that on a cold morning. whoever invented the heated steering wheel was a freaking genius. We're so spoiled,
I've read where in the early years of automobiles, to keep warm people took bricks from the fireplace and kept them on the floorboard
of the car!
Dan :-)

TopherS
07-24-13, 01:40 AM
Oh well! I am doing a few other things to my car in the mean time. I decided to buy a wood accented steering wheel off ebay! I also hooked up an intellibeam mirror! Next on my list is to add a NAV head unit! Slowly making my Luxury I into a Luxury III!

Way to go!!! :thumbsup: I've done similar things with other cars in the past...turning base models into luxury-equipped models. 80-90's Ford Motor Co cars were pretty easy...Ford put most of the wiring in whether the car had the options or not...usually was plug-n-play. I'm impressed that you hooked up the Intellibeam mirror...how hard was it to connect all the auto-high/low beam headlights? I have that feature in my LuxIII (and love it), but there might be others who are interested in adding this feature to their cars. Since you're pretty handy with the features...I'd say go for the RainTracker system...shouldn't be difficult for you at all.

STSClint
07-24-13, 07:56 AM
Intellibeam is plug and play to be honest. It was the easiest mod to do! Rainsense looks like itll be a challenge so imma have to do research first... after rainsense imma get a navigation HU and then the DTS platinum exterior door handles