: Putting Escalade on Lift ... any concerns??

BlueOvalKid
07-22-13, 01:37 PM
2005 Escalade ESV Platinum

I recently purchased the Escalade and am planning on some maintenance before taking a road trip next week.

With the wheel level sensors at each corner do I need to take any precautions when using a 2 post lift I have at my shop? I ask as with a 2 post lift you lift the chassis and the wheels hang and I don't want to mess anything up with the autoride suspension.

Any input would be appreciated.

I did try to search but the word "lift" seemed to give me the wrong results

MoistCabbage
07-22-13, 02:00 PM
No special precautions necessary.

the cadillac man
07-22-13, 02:14 PM
I second that don't worry about the shocks when the truck is on the lift I have has mine up on the lift and no problems

rfishoutofwater
07-22-13, 02:47 PM
No worries. Some vehicles have a switch to disable the air system for lifting but ours dont. Not sure about new models. Lift away!

BlueOvalKid
07-22-13, 03:24 PM
So the adjustable rods at each wheel, that tell the sensor the wheel height, don't need to be disconnected or anything prior to lifting?

wesyder
07-22-13, 03:25 PM
So the adjustable rods at each wheel, that tell the sensor the wheel height, don't need to be disconnected or anything prior to lifting?

Thats a negative

the cadillac man
07-22-13, 07:05 PM
No worries. Some vehicles have a switch to disable the air system for lifting but ours dont. Not sure about new models. Lift away!

None do as far as I know unless you remove the compressor relay

YoshiMan
07-24-13, 11:41 PM
I've jacked mine up numerous times without any special precautions, and it doesn't specify anything int he factory service manual either.