: FOB issue?

sosatyme72
07-22-13, 10:11 AM
Ok so on my fob the unlock button works from time to time, but lock button always works??? What can it be battery? bad fob??

the cadillac man
07-22-13, 10:35 AM
Ok so on my fob the unlock button works from time to time, but lock button always works??? What can it be battery? bad fob??

Try a new battery if it still acts up then its the fob

wesyder
07-22-13, 05:02 PM

Fob no bueno

the cadillac man
07-22-13, 06:02 PM
Fob no bueno

????

sosatyme72
07-22-13, 09:37 PM
lol...yeah I just bought a $6 battery and still same!! i guess fob???

Question when I get a another one, I have a aftermarket auto start does that get programmed seperately or will it just work once the fob is
programmed initially?

Fob no bueno

the cadillac man
07-22-13, 10:50 PM
lol...yeah I just bought a $6 battery and still same!! i guess fob???

Question when I get a another one, I have a aftermarket auto start does that get programmed seperately or will it just work once the fob is
programmed initially?

The aftermarket starter may or may not work as it depends on the make and model of unit

sosatyme72
07-22-13, 11:09 PM
great just my luck, i bough the truck with it from previous owner and its not a factory auto start...anyway to find out??

The aftermarket starter may or may not work as it depends on the make and model of unit

wesyder
07-22-13, 11:36 PM
????

Fob no good lol

the cadillac man
07-22-13, 11:47 PM
Fob no good lol

I was laughing after I got what he meant

But I think my fob is doing this same thing(haven't changed the battery or tested the voltage yet)

It acted up when I was on my vacation (not good to have to push the button twice just to unlock the driver door(haven't tried since I got back as I am worn out from the trip)

sosatyme72
07-23-13, 10:00 AM
ive seen fob on ebay from $10 up to 60..will they all work??

rfishoutofwater
07-23-13, 10:41 AM
Bought mine on ebay. Paid less than$20 for 2. Free shipping. Been working fine for a year now. Easy to program too