: Air intake "twister"?

weister42
03-03-05, 01:13 AM
I just remembered that awhile ago I saw a commerical about this device that you put it in your air intake tube and it makes the air much easier for the engine to breath, it's aluminum and shaped like a fan, I think it's called Vortex or something. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

On my way to 10 posts...:coolgleam

Spyder
03-03-05, 01:27 AM
go into the search on this and look for the twister...lots of good info on it. One guy actually posted that he swears by it. hehe Yea, its a piece of crap.

JSMeloche
03-03-05, 08:08 AM
Bought it on ebay for 18$, installed it, removed it the next day. Piece of crap, does not fit well. Sold it back on ebay for 31$ lol i got lucky i guess.

Dont even try it. They say its design to fit perfectly the air intake tube.... the only thing it does well is getting money out of your wallet
Maybee you should try one of those fuel line magnetizer or ionizing pills lol

mcowden
03-03-05, 11:23 AM
Bad idea. The device, and all others like it, do absolutely nothing to improve your gas mileage noticeably. Put the money in your kid's college fund or some preventive maintenance on your car instead. Avoid these things no matter what.

Ranger
03-03-05, 05:02 PM
It was designed to prove that P.T. Barnum was right. Big scam. It should be illegal to sell shit like that.
"There's a sucker born every minute".
"A fool and his money are soon parted".
"Caveat emptor"
and the list goes on

freefaller07
03-03-05, 10:29 PM
Just another product from an infomercial that they try to "persuade" you into buying. Does absolutly nothing. Stick the money into the car in better ways. 99% of products on infomercials are a scam and do not work as advertised.

BeelzeBob
03-03-05, 11:20 PM
If those "twisters" work so well why couldn't you install 3 or 4 or 5 of them and get multiple gains....LOL LOL LOL

Put twisters and fuel line magnets and such on the engine, fill the crankcase with Slick50, add all of the gas additives that you can find and you will have to stop at gas stations to drain fuel from the tank as it will start to overflow as the fuel economy gets so good that it makes fuel.

mcowden
03-04-05, 10:21 AM
Hey, that's a great idea, why didn't I think of that?!?!?! FREE FUEL FOR LIFE!!! BBOBYNSKI YOU'RE A GENIUS!!! ROFL :histeric:

dkozloski
03-04-05, 01:15 PM
Hey Bbob, you stole my line from an earlier thread. Of course it must go back 75 years.