: 1983 2 door Fleetwood Brougham 4.1L V8 tune up parts spark plugs

caddy1983
07-21-13, 07:37 PM
Need help here. Need the best modern tune up kit available today for my vehicle. Besides OEM, what spark plugs can i use for my car. What I have now and what ive been using for the last 30 years on the car were oem parts except for the wires. The wires I currently have now are Bosch purchased at Autozone(chief auto parts) over 20 years ago. I have a lifetime warranty
on the cables. I know there are so many types of plugs out there(iridium, double platinum, 2,3,4, prong etc...) Is there a plug that is a bit better than oem? keep in mind i dont want to break the bank here. Just need something a little better and that have been proven to improve both fuel and performance. Thanks OH!!!! I have over 240,000 miles on the car with the original
drivetrain. Car still runs very well for a 30 year old 4.1L V8

carnut
07-21-13, 08:34 PM
On my 84 Sedan DeVille I used the platinum plugs for a 91 4.5 Cadillac, A/C Delco. They go 90,000 miles. Cap and rotor, I used Accel tan cap and rotor. Make sure to use dielectric grease on the plug boots at both ends. I used the same plugs on my 88 Allante 4.1.

caddy1983
07-23-13, 01:36 AM
Thanks anymore info. will be appretiated

AElayyat
07-23-13, 07:37 AM
I know you are asking for plugs that are not OEM, but on my 85 brougham I have been using the AC Delco Rapidfire plugs for years & they have never given me any issues. I did try the Bosch plugs & they were not all of that. I'm sure some of the other members have tried other brands of plugs & will give you a heads up.