: DOOM Movie!

DopeStar 156
03-02-05, 11:37 PM
Apparently the hit PC game DOOM is being made into a movie and The Rock is supposed to play the DOOM Guy, the main character. Set for an August release, sounds bitchin'! Any fans?

Ralph
03-02-05, 11:40 PM
Doom player here! (Playstation versions)

Hollywood's really trying to capitalize on the video game market and wants a piece of it! Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, etc. The games are actually making more than the movie in some cases!

This sounds interesting. I own both TR's and both Res E's this will be no exception. When's the San Andreas movie coming out. ;)

Stoneage_Caddy
03-02-05, 11:51 PM
When's the San andreas movie coming out. ;)
what you never seen "friday" or "next friday" or "friday after next?" :histeric:

kmhebert
03-02-05, 11:52 PM
Apparently the hit PC game DOOM is being made into a movie and The Rock is supposed to play the DOOM Guy, the main character. Set for an August release, sounds bitchin'! Any fans?

Ha, were you checking out The Daily Show DopeStar? I think The Rock is great, I almost can't believe he hasn't wrestled for almost 3 years. I haven't watched pro wrestling since around 1999 though. But, I will definitely check out that Doom movie, it's definitely easier than playing through the game. :hide:

DopeStar 156
03-03-05, 12:38 AM
When's the San Andreas movie coming out. ;)

They did make one, it's called "Boyz in da Hood." Same time era as SA and I heard it was the basis for the game.

DopeStar 156
03-03-05, 12:40 AM
Ha, were you checking out The Daily Show DopeStar? I think The Rock is great, I almost can't believe he hasn't wrestled for almost 3 years. I haven't watched pro wrestling since around 1999 though. But, I will definitely check out that Doom movie, it's definitely easier than playing through the game. :hide:
LOL! Damn straight! I was just talling my roomie how funny it'd be if the entire movie was 1st person and there was a hand in the bottom corner of the screen at all times. As for wrestling it comes in waves, it only seems to be popular at the end of a decade. Look for a wrestling boom around 2007.

Ralph
03-03-05, 12:56 AM
They did make one, it's called "Boyz in da Hood." Same time era as SA and I heard it was the basis for the game.

I've seen that years ago with Ice Cube, right? I think it was 1991, but are you saying they based the game on it? If so I had no idea!

He's privaleged he got to work with Nat in "Ghosts of Mars!" Lucky bugger.

Spock
03-03-05, 01:17 AM
Oh come on! Stop giving it so much hype...we all know the movie is doomed...

Well I'm done...*runs out of thread*

danbuc
03-03-05, 03:37 AM
He was on the Daily Show tonight, talking about it. He said the BFG is gonna be in it as one of his weapons. I've always been a big Doom fan. I've got every one on my computer, including Doom3, which is SICK! There's no possible way it can be that bad of a movie. For one, The Rock is actual a pretty good actor, for someone with such limited experience. I don't know about you guys, but The Rundown was f**kin' awesome! Second, all the Doom games were cool as hell, and quite addicting. Doom3 I have found to be one of the most interesting, and terrifying games I played in a while. I say terrifying, since I was usually playing it in a pitch black room, with no windows, and the sounds turned way up at 3:00 in the morning. It has a very cool, and crazy plot, and the detail is awesome. If the movie anything like Doom3, it's sure to be a hit. I know I'm going to see it when it comes out.

On the other hand, Tomb Raider completely sucked. Resident Evil was...alright I guess, but could have been a tiny bit better. Still pretty cool though. As long as it's better than Tomb Raider, it's almost guaranteed to make a few bucks at the box office.

Ralph
03-03-05, 04:19 AM
On the other hand, Tomb Raider completely sucked.

We loved it! Especially since we own all 6 TR games for ps1 and Angel of Darkness for ps2. Angelina was great in the first TR but the second one was not as good, like many sequels. If you've played through all the games you'll appreciate the movie more imo.

I was hoping instead of Angelina Jolie they would have got the British actress the actual character of Lara was modelled after originally....Rhona Mitra. Who could forget her in "Hollow Man" as the woman across the street!!!

SHE is Lara Croft, and was the actual model for the screenshots and character, etc.

Personally, I don't think The Rock is a very good actor, after all, he's just a wrestler from Calgary! :yawn:

http://www.tombraider4u.com/rhonamitra.shtml

danbuc
03-03-05, 04:37 AM
Maybe I came across a little harsh with the comment on Tomb Raider. In regards to The Rock's acting ability, if you compare him to some other actors that have been in the business much longer than him, he has doen pretty well. I think he deserves much more credit than people give him. Just because he was a professional wrestler, doesn't mean he can't be good at anything else. I mean, look at Keanu Reeves. I personally think his acting ability has not progressed much, since Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, all the way to The Matrix. I must say, he was quite good in Constantine though, which kicked some major ass!

Ralph
03-03-05, 04:42 AM
Maybe I came across a little harsh with the comment on Tomb Raider. In regards to The Rock's acting ability, if you compare him to some other actors that have been in the business much longer than him, he has doen pretty well. I think he deserves much more credit than people give him. Just because he was a professional wrestler, doesn't mean he can't be good at anything else. I mean, look at Keanu Reeves. I personally think his acting ability has not progressed much, since Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, all the way to The Matrix. I must say, he was quite good in Constantine though, which kicked some major ass!

Are you saying Canuck actors suck! :sneaky: :D Relax, just kidding! Actually, 2 years ago Robert Duvall came to Alberta and filmed "Open Range" and insulted Canada by saying our actors can't act. He made front page headlines with his statements. He's entitled to his opinion, and personally, I could care less, but he was shown great hospitality here and wasn't very polite or receptive.

You weren't harsh, but I might have been. I can agree to what you said. Keanu tries too hard and comes off as too serious, like in Speed. He just seemed too phoney imo, but I think he was well suited for the Matrix series. Did you know Carrie Anne Moss is from Winniped Manitoba??

I must see Constantine! The trailer looked great!

danbuc
03-03-05, 04:58 AM
The special effect in that movie are really good. If you like the look of the demons in Doom3, then you'll like Constantine. It was excellent! In regards to canadian actors, Mike Myers is the f**kin' man, and Jim Carey is also Awesome! There are too many to list, that kick too much ass.

DopeStar 156
03-03-05, 12:43 PM
I've seen that years ago with Ice Cube, right? I think it was 1991, but are you saying they based the game on it? If so I had no idea!

He's privaleged he got to work with Nat in "Ghosts of Mars!" Lucky bugger.
I heard that San Andreas is loosely based of that movie but yeah, watch it again and compare it to SA, you'll see that it's loosely based. It's like Vice City is based off Miami Vice.

As for the DOOM movie, I don't think they can really screw it up too bad. Sure they'll make up a plot and stick the traditional weapons and monsters in it I don't they'll take my advice and make it 1st person with a hand at the bottom of the screen, but I'm sure it'll be good.

I hated the first Resident Evil movie but the second one was great, that one actually featured characters from the game and the Nemesis was perfect, not a hair out of place on him.

Ralph
03-03-05, 02:50 PM
I heard that San Andreas is loosely based of that movie but yeah, watch it again and compare it to SA, you'll see that it's loosely based. It's like Vice City is based off Miami Vice.

As for the DOOM movie, I don't think they can really screw it up too bad. Sure they'll make up a plot and stick the traditional weapons and monsters in it I don't they'll take my advice and make it 1st person with a hand at the bottom of the screen, but I'm sure it'll be good.

I hated the first Resident Evil movie but the second one was great, that one actually featured characters from the game and the Nemesis was perfect, not a hair out of place on him.

There was even talk a few years ago that there would be a Duke Nukem movie and they wanted Arnold to play the lead. However, Arnold is getting old and they need to find a replacement for him Who could replace Arnold today?

davesdeville
03-03-05, 04:07 PM
In the Punisher, the main character fights this big huge russian dude who would make a great Duke Nukem. Well only if he can act. Wait a minute this is Duke Nukem we're talking about, all he has to say is "What a mess," "Bring It On," or "Damn! Those alien bastards are gonna pay for ruining my ride."

Ralph
03-03-05, 04:09 PM
In the Punisher, the main character fights this big huge russian dude who would make a great Duke Nukem. Well only if he can act. Wait a minute this is Duke Nukem we're talking about, all he has to say is "What a mess," "Bring It On," or "Damn! Those alien bastards are gonna pay for ruining my ride."

LOL Dolph Lundrin could have played him in the mid-1980's after seeing him in that Rocky movie.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-03-05, 04:21 PM
I love Doom. Doom 2 was the first really violent video game I ever got into, what a wonderful marriage it has turned out to be. I'm not sure I'd see the movie though, I've been soured on the idea of video game based movies since that Super Mario movie. What a cinematic tragedy that was.

Kev
03-03-05, 04:24 PM
Hey, I liked the Mario movie! :madtalkin

Ralph
03-03-05, 04:30 PM
I've been soured on the idea of video game based movies since that Super Mario movie. What a cinematic tragedy that was.

I think they've got a little better and more serious since then. :shhh: ;)

Kev
03-03-05, 04:33 PM
'Course, I liked 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' too. Did I just type that out loud? :confused:

Kev
03-03-05, 04:38 PM
I draw the line at 'Powerpuff Girls'.

Kev

DopeStar 156
03-03-05, 05:28 PM
Super Mario Bros was awesome! The guy who played Mario was a freakin' perfect match!

Kev
03-03-05, 06:16 PM
Super Mario Bros was awesome! The guy who played Mario was a freakin' perfect match!
Bob Hoskins. I liked him as Smee in Peter Pan also.

slk230mb
03-03-05, 08:09 PM

I'm gonna have to disagree here. It was an ok movie, but it didn't stay true to the plot of the video game. Where was Bowser?

CoupeDevilleRob
03-03-05, 10:20 PM
First off, I know video game movies have gotten better, I just had to throw that little jab in. I really didn't like that movie.

And if I remeber correctly, Bowser was in it, Dennis Hopper played him. You'd think Bowser would be a big dinosaur, not the crazy photographer from Apocalypse Now.

Adam
03-03-05, 10:33 PM
I heard that San Andreas is loosely based of that movie but yeah, watch it again and compare it to SA

im not to sure about that. probably inspired by the movie but not based on it. wasnt it made in Canada? Rock Star North? im not sure but there isnt really any comparison between the two save for area and year. Boyz in tha Hood was a tradgedy kind of movie really. i havent seen it in a while though, but i do remember one got killed and the character Ice Cube played it said he died like 2 weeks later or something. like i said it was inspired by the movie not based on it.

Ralph
03-03-05, 10:43 PM
im not to sure about that. probably inspired by the movie but not based on it. wasnt it made in Canada? Rock Star North? im not sure but there isnt really any comparison between the two save for area and year. Boyz in tha Hood was a tradgedy kind of movie really. i havent seen it in a while though, but i do remember one got killed and the character Ice Cube played it said he died like 2 weeks later or something. like i said it was inspired by the movie not based on it.

Ya, RockStar North, the game was supposedly programmed, etc. in Canada.

Wasn't the actor that played Morphious (?) also in Boyz in the Hood with Ice Cube?

Adam
03-03-05, 11:04 PM
Wasn't the actor that played Morphious (?) also in Boyz in the Hood with Ice Cube?

yeah, i forgot his name. yeah he was in Boyz in tha Hood. wasnt that an Eazy E song? i believe it is.

Ralph
03-03-05, 11:06 PM
yeah, i forgot his name. yeah he was in Boyz in tha Hood. wasnt that an Eazy E song? i believe it is.

What the heck is his name :confused:

I'm not sure but wasn't there some "public enemy" in that movie?

Kev
03-03-05, 11:18 PM
Laurence Fishburne. He a bad mamma jamma!

Ralph
03-03-05, 11:19 PM
Laurence Fishburne. He a bad mamma jamma!

That's it! Mamma Jamma :histeric:

What does that mean :(

DopeStar 156
03-03-05, 11:20 PM
That's the word I was looking for. Inspired by Boyz in da Hood, thanks Low.

Kev
03-03-05, 11:21 PM
That's it! Mamma Jamma :histeric:

What does that mean :(
Don't ask.

Kev
03-03-05, 11:22 PM
...I really didn't like that movie.
I did! big meanie! scaratfricafraca@#$%!

slk230mb
03-03-05, 11:41 PM
First off, I know video game movies have gotten better, I just had to throw that little jab in. I really didn't like that movie.

And if I remeber correctly, Bowser was in it, Dennis Hopper played him. You'd think Bowser would be a big dinosaur, not the crazy photographer from Apocalypse Now.

Hopper played King Koopa.

danbuc
03-04-05, 09:27 PM
Dennis Hopper is cool. The Mario Brothers movie was on the other day, and I watched the whole thing. I don't really remember why anymore, but I think it was 3:00am at the time, and nothing esle was on. It was alright, I mean I did watch the whole thing. I think I've seen it about 5 times. :helpless: .

If the new Doom movie was based on Doom3, it would totally kick ass! That game is sick as hell. The demons in it, are crazy. Always jumping out at you, trying to eat your soul... :suspense: . The plot behind that game was great too. Kind of reminded me a little of that movie Event Horizon, about that ship with the experimental gravity drive that accidently transported itself to hell. Come to think of it, Lawrence Fishburne was in that too.

I can't wait to see it! :D

DopeStar 156
03-04-05, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure DOOM will have a new storyline and just feature the monsters and weapons. If you think about it, the first two games didn't have much of an ingame plot, it was all done in scrolling text at the beginning and end of the game.

DOOM 2, who remembers fighting that huge bull skull that would generate monsters? How do you kill that thing without cheating?! I kept having to go through the wall using the clipping code and kill a woman's head on a stick.

Rickerbucks
03-05-05, 09:49 PM
Doom 3 scared the c**p out of me. Its such a dark game you HAVE to play it in a dark room.

OUTSTANDING game and it was like being in a terrifying science fiction movie for about 40 hours.

Rememeber one of the first scary parts, early in the game when you walk down a hall way and you see a shadow to your right and then a demon leaps at you and 'sticks' to the window that you don't realize is there.?????

I just about wet myself LOL

I didn't use any cheats - although I played it on easy - until to got to the two hell knights. And of course the last guy. Needed God mode for him as weel. My brother has completed the game with no cheats though. You have to have WAY to much time on your hands to be able to do that.

Ralph
03-05-05, 09:52 PM
I just about wet myself LOL

I had the same reaction when you first encountered the "Licker" in Resident Evil 2. (ps1)

DopeStar 156
03-05-05, 10:11 PM
I had the same reaction when you first encountered the "Licker" in Resident Evil 2. (ps1)
Crap I remember that! The worst for me was the RE1 remake on GameCube, when i first discovered that dead zombies will get back up. Their heads become beat red and they can move as fast as your character can run. If they get you they attack you viciously with swinging arms and ripping bites. The first time I encountered this was when a bunch of my friend were over and I was playing. The previously shot zombie lie dead on the floor and this was like my 4th visit to this particular room. The thing got up and started running, it was a circular room and I ran around the room in a circle while it chased me screaming, "IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO RUN!!!!" over and over again. My friends got a kick out of that. I had to hand the controller over to my friend Red who is a Resident Evil pro. I still haven't picked that game up since and that was over three years ago :hide: .

Ralph
03-05-05, 10:15 PM
Crap I remember that! The worst for me was the RE1 remake on GameCube, when i first discovered that dead zombies will get back up. Their heads become beat red and they can move as fast as your character can run. If they get you they attack you viciously with swinging arms and ripping bites. The first time I encountered this was when a bunch of my friend were over and I was playing. The previously shot zombie lie dead on the floor and this was like my 4th visit to this particular room. The thing got up and started running, it was a circular room and I ran around the room in a circle while it chased me screaming, "IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO RUN!!!!" over and over again. My friends got a kick out of that. I had to hand the controller over to my friend Red who is a Resident Evil pro. I still haven't picked that game up since and that was over three years ago :hide: .

LOL!!!! That's still one of the best games to play late at night with the lights off!! My buddy was over once and this only happened ONCE where he was walking down a hallway in the Racoon police station and suddenly glass shatters and arms are trying to grab him and I swear, we BOTH jumped about a foot in the air!!!!! LOL!!!

Then I got Code name Veronica RE for PS2 and I didn't care for it, same for that other one that was first person and you couldn't even save the progress!!!! Games are so huge now that you have to be able to save your progress, not like the old days where you'd have to stay up for 48 hours to finish a game or never shut it off!!!

Adumb
03-06-05, 12:47 PM
i think i heard about this. doom 95 is still one of my favorite video games.