: Bypass handbrake for DVD Player to work while driving.

Rayb4430
07-21-13, 06:04 PM
Hi,

For anyone who wants to yell at me, this is for my kid and an upcoming Road Trip.

I have a 2008 Escalade, with a DVD/NAV in dash Touch Screen Stereo. (No monitors any where else in the SUV).
From everything I have read so far, this can be pretty simple, just a matter of finding the wire that goes to brake and have it run to the ground. With some instances needing to hook up a basic switch to further trick the Car.

My issue is I have no idea what wire goes to the Brake.
I have 3 harness plugged into the back of my Stereo, 2 of them are black and 1 is brown. Some of the wires do have names, but not all of them so I'm still not able to get this to work.

If any1 has ever done this to a 2008 Escalade, please let me know how you did it and what wire.

Thanks

hcvone
07-21-13, 08:07 PM
It's different on these trucks, not like the tahoe, you need a lockpick and there are many posts about them

Rayb4430
07-21-13, 08:20 PM
Yes, I was hoping not to put out $250, in that case i'll just get a portable Dvd player.

If any1 has ever done this with out the Lockpick please let me know.

hcvone
07-22-13, 07:38 AM
Yes, I was hoping not to put out $250, in that case i'll just get a portable Dvd player.

If any1 has ever done this with out the Lockpick please let me know.

You can unlock the nav cheap, but not the dvd

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/177061-nav-xm-unlock-5-00-one.html