: 2005 CTS-V Corsa Exhaust installed

Scott2012
07-21-13, 12:36 PM
Just installed a Corsa cat-back exhaust system. It added some lower tones at idle. With windows rolled up there is 0 drone, in fact it doesn't sound too much different than stock. Windows down, you can really hear the nice low tones.
If you're looking for a cat-back that is loud, this isn't it. It does give you a nice overall tone that is beefier than stock.

I have read, that some people experience back fires when cold, or when down shifting. I have none of that. No sputter, backfires, etc.

Also, I assume if I add headers down the road, that'll change things :)

Another thing, other than Rev shift bushings, I only have a K&N filter in a stick I take. So I assume as I begin to add mods, sounds, sputters, etc will change... Which proves that a great tune will make a difference.

Mod world, here I am!

253ctsv
07-21-13, 01:00 PM
I have corsa, headers, cat delete and when I downshift it pops a little. I wouldn't call it a sputter or anything. Sounds bad ass like a race car.

philistine
07-21-13, 01:04 PM
Corsa is a great choice for a DD esp that it gives no drone when cruising. If/when you add headers get a tune and post up the numbers!

Scott2012
07-21-13, 06:38 PM
I will. My next mod is going to be a shifter, followed by headers and a tune.
And at some point I need to get going on the clutch/flywheel

RyRidesMotoX
07-21-13, 08:39 PM
My headers/exhaust sounds wicked. The headers will definitely wake it up some more after you put some on. It seems like Maryland speed is always on here having a sale for kooks headers. Mine is all stainless works exhaust ( 1&3/4 primaries to 3 inches all the way back) and when I am on it, getting on an offramp or passing, it sounds like the gates of hell have opened and fiery death is approaching, when i shift at higher RPMs, basically redline lol, it snaps and pops like a mean mother. I love it. If I had to do it all over again I would have went without the cats in mine. But oh well. I still like it the way it is. I'd do it all over in a second, no questions asked. I get compliments all the time about how evil it sounds for a Cadillac.

ctsvoom
07-22-13, 10:28 PM
I think we need a movie clip of the gates of hell opening?

carlson_mn
07-23-13, 12:53 AM
I think I saw a picture of your exhaust and you do have headers. Wrapped headers if I remember correctly. Unless I'm confusing another picture with one of yours... if so sorry.

rand49er
07-23-13, 08:32 AM
... in fact it doesn't sound too much different than stock ...This.

You're right ... headers will change things ... for the better.

RyRidesMotoX
07-23-13, 11:43 PM
I think we need a movie clip of the gates of hell opening?

Well my go pro is broken so the only one I can get will be from inside on my android.

joshuajohn1981
07-26-13, 01:27 PM
My headers/exhaust sounds wicked. The headers will definitely wake it up some more after you put some on. It seems like Maryland speed is always on here having a sale for kooks headers. Mine is all stainless works exhaust ( 1&3/4 primaries to 3 inches all the way back) and when I am on it, getting on an offramp or passing, it sounds like the gates of hell have opened and fiery death is approaching, when i shift at higher RPMs, basically redline lol, it snaps and pops like a mean mother. I love it. If I had to do it all over again I would have went without the cats in mine. But oh well. I still like it the way it is. I'd do it all over in a second, no questions asked. I get compliments all the time about how evil it sounds for a Cadillac.

I have witnessed these "gates of hell" and I was quite jealous. I loved the sound your exhaust made. Made my muffler delete sound like a go kart! Haha.

philistine
07-26-13, 02:03 PM
I have witnessed these "gates of hell" and I was quite jealous. I loved the sound your exhaust made. Made my muffler delete sound like a go kart! Haha.

Gates of hell, lol. I have the same header back exhaust and I guess I'm just used to it. The daycare I drop my son off always compliments the sound of the exhaust. All the little future motor-head toddlers love it!

carlson_mn
07-28-13, 11:36 PM
yeah sorry Scott I got you confused with MN800R's infrared V. He has headers and exhaust. My car has headers so you'll have to hear it soon.