: STS-V after market rotors?!

V6?lmao
07-21-13, 09:14 AM
Does anyone no of any place that makes a dimpled and slotted rotor setup for the sts-v?
And brake pads also? While we are at it anything aftermarket period they still make for these cars?!! HLP ME PLEASE!!!!

Zzapp
07-21-13, 07:55 PM
I bought drilled and slotted rotors with HP pads on E-Bay... They are the same as the first generation CTS-V... same parts direct fit

----------

I just checked e-bay, drilled and slotted brake rotors and ceramic pads around $300+ shipping the fit first gen CTS-V 04-07 and STS-V

Ludacrisvp
07-21-13, 10:00 PM
$225 per axle for slotted and dimpled rotors plus standard semi metallic pads. For $40 more per axle you can upgrade to premium semi metallic pads. Standard ceramic are $45 per axle Premium Ceramic are $62 per axle.

Free shipping & "lifetime warranty" on rotors

http://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors/Premium-Dimpled-and-Slotted-Brake-Rotors.php

Comes with silver or black zinc coating on the rotors to reduce rusting.

Sent from my One

CMNTMXR57
07-22-13, 12:17 PM
Lots of aftermarket for them since they're the same as 1st gen CTS-V's. Previous owner of my car had drilled/slotted, I put on slotted at my last brake job. Hawk Pads and I want to say it was a dba rotor, but I could be wrong.

r1concepts
07-22-13, 04:48 PM
We do offer dimple & slotted rotors as well as all other casting designs on our rotors. Feel free to PM me if you're interested and I'd be glad to help you out.

06 STS Rob
07-23-13, 01:05 PM
You can try Cquence. I had them on my standard STS. They will make any brake rotor you want really. I haven't hit them up about the V yet. Waiting until I need brakes to upgrade.

V6?lmao
07-24-13, 03:39 AM
Thanks for all the much needed feed back fellas!! I wasn't aware 1st gen cts-v and sts-v were so similar!!

YoungBlood_STSV
07-24-13, 11:48 AM
You can try Cquence. I had them on my standard STS. They will make any brake rotor you want really. I haven't hit them up about the V yet. Waiting until I need brakes to upgrade.

Cquence (http://www.cquence.net/cquence-performance-absolute-brake-disc-rotor-rear-cadillac-sts-2006-j56-brakes-html.html) is pretty competitive with their pricing...I've been looking for a dimpled and/or slotted rotor too. Might pick up a set of these...Nice Find.:thumbsup:

06 STS Rob
03-24-14, 04:33 PM
The time has come to replace my rotors...
I was seconds away from ordering the C-Quence rotors when I checked out Autoanything's site. I keep getting discount codes since I ordered the exhaust from them. I found a set of Bear rotors at the same price and went with them (for the name mostly). I'm curious to see if they perform any better or if the build quality is any better. Anyone here use the Bear rotors?
I'll post an update once installed.

cadi509
03-24-14, 09:30 PM
No but Baer is a good brand

theotherguyssn
03-25-14, 11:55 AM
Rockauto.com also has drilled slotted rotors for front and rear of vehicle have them on my sts-v

ChurchSTSV
03-26-14, 01:26 AM
I'll get some slotted for sure next time around. I have seen far too many "drilled" rotors crack from my GTO days. Even the good Baer ones still cracked. Pass.

06 STS Rob
05-01-14, 02:22 PM
Still waiting for my Bear rotors to ship :banghead:
I received 2 emails stating the shipment would be delayed. Should ship next week.
In the mean time, I just ordered a set of powerstop rotors for the rear. I guess we'll see what shows up first :bonkers:

PGA2B
05-01-14, 11:32 PM
I have EBC dimpled and slotted. Had them since I have had the car. Put about 60K miles on them and never had an issue.

cadi509
05-02-14, 12:10 AM
I can say I still like the hps, and r1 rotors on mine ive put about 2k on them and they still perform great http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy281/cadi509/STS%20V/43BAB078-EC8D-41B0-BED7-F53138B9CEF4.jpg

mike101344
05-02-14, 03:09 PM
I got slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads at TireRack.com Clint @ x-4675 helped me out. The pads are quiet with very little dust.

06WhiteDiamond
05-02-14, 06:05 PM
Need pads and rotors as my oems squeal like crazy. Thinking EBC USR slotted rotors and redstuff pads. Anybody have any experience with stoptech? Just curious.

Ninja-v
05-05-14, 10:05 AM
Brakenetic slot + drilled and hawk pads work great, smooth and silent. By the way, dimpled rotors won't cool any more than standard and don't do anything at all really.... Drilled fights pushback and pulls air through them channeling into the veins of the rotor which keeps them cool longer and brings temps down faster fighting fade. The slots only clean the pad of debris like rocks and dust etc. I've got over 20k on mine and they still look brand new without a hint of dust.

parkeraire
05-05-14, 04:48 PM
I have always heard that drilled rotors will crack at the edges of the drilled holes. If you are wanting drilled rotors they should be cast into them in the manufacturing process. I've heard about cryo. treatment but not real familiar with it.

Ludacrisvp
05-05-14, 06:54 PM
I got mine (non-V) from BrakePerformance.com ... its a USA company that has the holes as part of the casting with chamfered edges too.
I have 'drilled' and slotted with the black zinc coating on it which keeps the non brake surface clear of surface rusting.

Ninja-v
05-07-14, 01:22 AM
I could see smaller diameter rotors cracking around the surface ports but these is a lot of metal that would need to give in order for that to happen. I could also see cheap castings do it as well. This isn't exactly the kind of car you want to go cheap with. I've hit my brakes hard at 160 which was enough to make the front right tire smoke but she stayed straight and true. Dam crazy drivers in Mexico haha. But the brakes didn't crack, didn't warp, didn't even create dust. They still have the cross hatch in them from the factory after 20k miles actually.

neurotictim
05-07-14, 03:11 PM
I got mine (non-V) from BrakePerformance.com ... its a USA company that has the holes as part of the casting with chamfered edges too.
I have 'drilled' and slotted with the black zinc coating on it which keeps the non brake surface clear of surface rusting.

When you say "drilled" do you mean dimpled, or do you mean it was cast with the holes and not actually "drilled"?

How do you like the Brakeperformance brakes? I'm starting my research into doing all four corners with rotors & pads, and I won't be tracking the car, so I'm debating the merits of dimpled vs. actually drilled (cast, whatever).

Ludacrisvp
05-07-14, 06:15 PM
I thought I read they were holes that were part of the casting ... can't seem to find that again.
Oh well, I have drilled and slotted, they also offer dimpled as well and claim that dimpled handle higher stress better than drilled does and recommend them for SUVs/Trucks.
They fit perfectly and perform well for me so I think they were a good deal.

Basically for the V they are $307 for 4 zinc coated slotted and drilled rotors + pads w/ free shipping
or $427 for 4 zinc coated slotted and dimpled rotors w/ free semi-metallic pads or + $80 for premium semi-metallic pads w/ free shipping
They also offer pads on their own.

When I got rotors and pads for mine they even came with new clips and new rubber boots for the caliper pins which I understand is normally more expensive, and the free shipping makes a big difference. It did take about 2 weeks to get them as I believe they are all made-to-order.

06 STS Rob
05-10-14, 10:07 PM
Finally got all the parts in!
Baer rotors up front with Napa auto pads
Stop tech rotors and pads in the rear

Here's a shot of the front
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/robmccurry/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0061_zpsg8e3cbqt.jpg (http://s819.photobucket.com/user/robmccurry/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0061_zpsg8e3cbqt.jpg.html)

06WhiteDiamond
05-31-14, 01:23 PM
We do offer dimple & slotted rotors as well as all other casting designs on our rotors. Feel free to PM me if you're interested and I'd be glad to help you out.

Hey R1,

Would like to make an order for Rotors and pads but you're mailbox is always full! Any other way I can contact you?

cadi509
06-01-14, 05:44 PM
Just call them on the website and let them know your from the from the forum they'll give you a good deal

06WhiteDiamond
06-01-14, 06:55 PM
Just call them on the website and let them know your from the from the forum they'll give you a good deal

Appreciate it, thanks!

r1concepts
06-02-14, 04:42 PM
I apologize guys, we are not vendors on here anymore but can still honor you forum pricing. Please email Kevin@r1concepts.com if you ever need pricing on rotors and pads!