: Run in with some snow this morning.

Night Wolf
03-02-05, 07:20 PM
Well, this morning on my way to school there was a flock of birds in the road... so I let off the gas and was ready for them to fly away... but they didn't.

so I turned to the left (on-coming lane) to go around them, then I turned right again... I was going about 40mph.

But when I turned right, since the road was full of sand/salt from the DOT from the snow storm, the rear end lost traction... I felt it start to go so I hit the brakes (has ABS, so no bad effects)... at this time i am looking directly at the big snow banks on the side of the road and though... great, I am gonna run head on into this stuff... and there were trees and telephone polls on the other side of the snow.

So I turn the wheel to the left (since i was heading for the outside of the road... kinda on a turn) and that is when the back end really swings out, so I counter steer by turning right, still had the brakes applied, so I am going stirght down the road... but sideways. And it was at that time that the right rear quarter panel slammed into the big snow banks (very lucky it is fresh snow and not ice) and for about 10 feet the quarter panel rode against the snow while I pulled out of it... I did my best as I felt it ready to break loose but heading left... which was a row of trees.

So I stopped down the road to look at the damage... the car was pretty dirty at the time (I washed it after school)

The damage to the car itself is minimal... the paint on the very bottom of the palstic rocker cladding (the paint that is peeling ont he driver side) was torn off.... but only ont he very bottom part where it curves under the car.. can't see it at all. the Coupe DeVille badge (origanal too) managed to stay intact and was full of snow. and on the rear quater panel are some very faint hair line scratches that I hope I can buff out.

The worst though is my wheel. since that took most the impact and there was probably rocks mixed with the snow on the side... the whole wheel is loaded with scrathes... that made me pretty mad. they are not deep scratches, hardly feel them at all, but they are in the clear coat... if I can't buff them out, I am going to have to buy a new wheel. I have the 16" 1998-mid '01 Seville SLS polished/clear coat brushed aluminam wheels on it.

once I got to school something loked weird, my left rear tire was very low on air, so after school I went to the gas station to fill it... it had 8 (EIGHT) PSI in it! I couldn't believe it.. while dring, if I turned left, the car would be ok, but if I turned right the car would be very sloppy, I could push the tire in with 1 finger... I know that had something to do with the car sliding around very easy this morning.

It could be alot worse though, I just look at the ironey that is in it, as in every situation... my subwoofer in the truck got thrown around which pulled out the gorund wire to the amp for the car speakers, so I had no music either... so I fixed that when I got home.

I hate driving this car in the winter, but with the Olds int he body shop I go back and fourth between both DeVille's... I just know if I had the '79 in place of the '93, it would be alot worse.. both in damage to the car and what would have happened. so I also was lucky with that.

I remember when I bought my wheels, the ad said they were high polished and clear coated... the clear coat is peeling ont he edge of some of the center caps, but I need to see if all these wheels are the same, if so I will wait on ebay for a used one in good shape for cheap... there are ones on there now for $150 and $200 for ONE wheel.... no thanks....

atleast I waxed the car.. and wheels (and the '79) 2 days ago in preperation for the snow storm, I know that helped the paint some.

I do not have any pics now, but I'll post them later.

oh, and I know I havn't been aorund for awhile... I had computer problems, and then re-formated everything, so I am just now getting back in the vibe with all my old stuff.... so I re-newed my supporting member and I am back on the site :)

Ralph
03-02-05, 07:28 PM
Glad you're back, and ALIVE! :p Slow down in the winter man. ;)

I remember going sideways with the '70 Plymouth and that sudden feeling of "no control" sticks with you for a while!

I always wax my wheels whenever I do the car because I've seen a lot of cars with that clear coat peeling, etc.

airbalancer
03-02-05, 09:00 PM
Glad you are OK
You have learn a lesson, It not worth it to move for a small animal.
20 years ago I was driving an explosive truck, I small dog was in the middle of the road and barking at us as we were drive down the road.
I stayed in my lane and the dog did not move. The dog barks no more.
I will only move for people and mooses

Ralph
03-02-05, 09:02 PM
20 years ago I was driving an explosive truck

Geez, were Fords that bad back then too?? :histeric:

Night Wolf
03-02-05, 09:37 PM
eh... I just coudln't see running the birds over.... normally it would have been fine, as I have been in much worse situations with that car and it was never a problem... actually when faced with emergency situations, that car is very nimble and sticks to the road... I just think it was a combo of the sand/salt/water ont he road and the fact that the tire was pretty much flat, so it didn't have much grip... that and I did turn rather quickly, I could have gotten away with a more shallow sweep, but the turns on this road can be blind.

the funny thing is... when I first saw the birds, and I was thinking of my choices, I was like... hmmm I could imagine swerving, then the back end sliding out and me going stright into the snow... just something I thought of quickly... and sure enough, something like that happened.... just like last week when I got a speeding ticket, and I thought it was going to happen 30mins before it did... maybe I have a mild case of ESP or something.... USUALLY when I get these "feelings" I go with them, but for some reason I have been questioning them.... and it is proving time and time again that it isn't working.

anyway, it was dark, so the flash makes it look worse then it is. Like I said, the wheel... I need to see what I can do... make the worst is I get it sanded down and re-clear coated... the wheel itself is not damaged at all, I can hardly feel the scratches. the scratches on the car are the diagonal lines.... and in fact I only see them when up close... I have a good eye for these too... I think some scratch-X may do the trick... I'll try it on the wheels too. there is a small scratch ont he rocker cladding in front of the wheel, and then the scratches on the cladding behind the wheel. Oh, and the few orizontal scratches about the "C" in Coupe DeVille.... were already there... I don't remember buying the car with those, but about 3 months after I was driving, I saw them there... so it musta been me... oh well. I think the fact that splash guard is there helped.. and I will repaint that area where the paint peeled... it is too big to use my touchup paint with a brush... but maybe the spray can stuff... really, I would like to pull allt he plastic cladding and get it repainted as the paint is peeling all over.. so then I use the touchup paint since it looks better then white plastic, but still looks bad.

2 years and 20k miles.. this kinda stuff is bound to happen... with a hair under 100k, this car is in amazing shape... since i am keeping the car forever, it is going to be getting repainted in a better-then-OEM setting with the same exact color... there are 2 spots on the hood and 1 on the spacer panel between the trunk lid and the rear window where the clear coat is fading... GM really pisses me off with their paint durring the mid 80's-early 90's

honestly, I was expecting to see deep scratches and some dents... from the looks of it, the wheel took pretty much all the impact... bad for the wheel, but good for just about everything else... tomorrow I'll see if I can clean it up, otherwise some time this summer I'll take it to get re-clear coated or something.... maybe it is a sign and I should get all the wheels chromed... THAT would be nice :)

Night Wolf
03-02-05, 09:40 PM
another shot of the quarter... brightness and contrast adjusted to see them better.... like I said, in person, these are pretty hard to see (before I made an effort to fix it)

BUILDINGCTSAMG
03-02-05, 09:47 PM
doesnt look all that bad....use some zaino polish.....btw from your description your probably going to need new tires, sounds like you put a small crack in the sidewall

turbojimmy
03-02-05, 10:02 PM
eh... I just coudln't see running the birds over....

Here's my thing with birds: GIFT OF FLIGHT. They can fly. If they're stupid enough to be standing around in the middle of the road they have what's coming to them. No mercy for the birds. Small rodents I might try a little to avoid. They are bound to their 4 tiny feet for motivation and can experience traction issues. Birds, not so much. The day I'm blessed with the ability to fly I may actually feel bad for slow birds. I don't see it coming any time soon.

I've had to pick plenty of feathers out of the crevices of the front of my car but I have never damaged my vehicle by avoiding a bird.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Jim

Ralph
03-02-05, 10:05 PM
Here's my thing with birds: GIFT OF FLIGHT. They can fly. If they're stupid enough to be standing around in the middle of the road they have what's coming to them. No mercy for the birds. Small rodents I might try a little to avoid. They are bound to their 4 tiny feet for motivation and can experience traction issues. Birds, not so much. The day I'm blessed with the ability to fly I may actually feel bad for slow birds. I don't see it coming any time soon.

I've had to pick plenty of feathers out of the crevices of the front of my car but I have never damaged my vehicle by avoiding a bird.

Jim

LOL!! :histeric: :thumbsup:

Night Wolf
03-02-05, 10:17 PM
well, the front tires are brand new.... well, maybe 7k on them

the rear tires are older.. they came on my fathers Grand Prix when he bought it... correct size.. just older....

I am going to keep an eye on it, if in fact that tire does have a slow leak, I'll just get 2 new tires.. and get them all balanced... since the front I think are off balance, and the rear tires were never balanced to begin with. this isn't good though as I really was hoping to get 4 new tires for the '79 (those are pterry bad) at least the tires on the '93 are good... the rear have about 40% tread life, so I figured I will keep them on the back and that will be fine... then the new tires on the front.

About the birds... yeah they ended up flying away right before I would have hit them... I dunno... at the time I was just didn't want to hit them... like I said, normally it would have been fine... but a little series of events lead up to it.

I just look at it as... it could be worse... no reason to be mad or make a big deal out of it... it was my actions after all... this dosn't change my life in any way and in 30 years from now I will not be thinking "damn... what would have happened if I didn't swerve for those birds"... so I have a story to tell, the car has a couple battle scares, the birdies lived... and all is good :)

juiceE
03-03-05, 12:25 AM
nightwolf:: too bad about that rim, but i never knew ur car was that color grey, i love it

Night Wolf
03-03-05, 01:50 AM
Slate Bronze Metallic

1 of 119 made

Sandy would love to tell ya all about it :)

slk230mb
03-03-05, 12:50 PM
Slate Bronze Metallic

1 of 119 made

Sandy would love to tell ya all about it :)

Except his home is the Deville section now.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-03-05, 04:23 PM

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Jim

I hit a pelecan once when i had my sentra...didnt want to swerve to avoid it , the basturd waited till the last possible second to take off , we looked right at eachother , i could see this big stupid bird giving everything it had to desperatly get "lift" he failed miserably. As i nailed the throttle he smaked my windsheild ...the bastard then rolled over my roof and got its beek caught in my rear spoiler ...Not wanting to touch this travesty of the animal kingdom i slammed on the brakes as hard as i could and the pelecan finnaly disloged from the spolier, slid up and nailed my rear windsheild before rolling off the car. Thinking darwin's theroy was at work i expected the bird to be dead. but the stupid thing got up , shook its head , fell over , got up again and walked away ....

Stoneage_Caddy
03-03-05, 04:27 PM
I hit a pelecan once when i had my sentra...didnt want to swerve to avoid it , the basturd waited till the last possible second to take off , we looked right at eachother , i could see this big stupid bird giving everything it had to desperatly get "lift" he failed miserably. As i nailed the throttle he smaked my windsheild ...the bastard then rolled over my roof and got its beek caught in my rear spoiler ...Not wanting to touch this travesty of the animal kingdom i slammed on the brakes as hard as i could and the pelecan finnaly disloged from the spolier, slid up and nailed my rear windsheild before rolling off the car. Thinking darwin's theroy was at work i expected the bird to be dead. but the stupid thing got up , shook its head , fell over , got up again and walked away ....
A photo of one fo these stupid birds :
http://www.texasphotoplus.com/Bird%20079%20-%20pelican.jpg

next time ill tell you the story of a pelecan that snagged a fish i caught just as i lifted said fish out of the water. This time the pelecan doesnt make it ...But sypderwire fishing line does very well at reeling in a bird mid flight

Night Wolf
03-03-05, 04:35 PM
Hey, I didn't know you have the new wheels and tint on your car.. musta did it while I was gone... I gotta say, it looks GREAT!... man, really changes the look of the car... it is nice.

You live in Tampa... maybe when I move to Clearwater in Augest we can meet up or something... I think that would be cool :)

Stoneage_Caddy
03-03-05, 04:49 PM
yup ...shes looking pretty sexy nowadays ...its raining on her today tho....

be sure them caddies come down with you .....i wanna get a good look at a coupe ....esp of that vintage to see what in inside is like ....

im down there every weekend now playing with my bike ....

Night Wolf
03-03-05, 04:54 PM
my Meguires scratch remover was bad (froze a few times) so I used this generic stuff I had...

on the car... both the quater panel and the plastic cladding, the scratches are gone... well, no more are they white, they are the color of the car... and unless you directly look at it when close, you can't see it...

the wheel... it helped... they aren't white anymore... but tey are still noticeable... if you stand back and look at the car as a whole, you can't see it... but look right at the wheel and you can...

so for now it is fine... I'll go to a local body shop I trust and ask them about re-clear coating that wheel... if I think the price is resonable and they can match it to the other wheels... I'll do it.

all in all I am happy... the inital damage was alot worse then I thought and the aftermath isn't as bad either.... I just hate this weather and having to drive the DeVille's in it....

So to show apperciation to the '93 in the Spring, I am going to buy a new front bumper for it... mine is fadded and not shiney.... maybe even a new grille too... since mine is dulling as they all do....

Question here... are the laws in Florida for window tint different then NY? so I am saying, should I wait until I live in FL to get my windows tinted?

Night Wolf
03-03-05, 05:02 PM
~Augest 10th I am driving down, my mother is coming with me....

I will have the Oldsmobile (in the body shop now... all body work getting done and repainted) I have a hitch on the Olds (well, not on it yet, but i have it) and a small utility trailer... so I will have the car loaded up and the trailer full of stuff I need.... bed, dresser, computer desk etc... all the major things. Once i am done with the trailer, I am going to bring it to a realitives place in Gainesville and leave it there... 2 weeks later my mother and I will be flying back to NY. That is when I take another batch of things with me... but this time I am driving alone in the '93 Coupe (my mother is staying in NY for now) and I am going to take my time, make a few stops along the way etc...

Which means the '79 is staying in NY until further notice... so atleast when I come back to NY I have a car.... once we get our property where our house will be built (Gainesville) the '79 will make the trip down with the final load of my stuff.

The Oldsmobile will be my "main" car thru college (well, tech school) for about 2 years... the apartment I will be living at will let me keep 2 or 3 cars there, but I will only have 2 at a time there.... but life in a city setting, short trips and parking lots are no good for the '93... so with that, the Oldsmobile will be good... another 2 years is not alot to ask out of the car either.

the '79 will countinue to be my have fun, go-fast car.... I know that for the time I do not have access to it, I'll miss it.... thats ok though.

We can start a new club... OCWNW.... Old Caddy's With New Wheels :D

Stoneage_Caddy
03-03-05, 09:23 PM
~Augest 10th I am driving down, my mother is coming with me....

I will have the Oldsmobile (in the body shop now... all body work getting done and repainted) I have a hitch on the Olds (well, not on it yet, but i have it) and a small utility trailer... so I will have the car loaded up and the trailer full of stuff I need.... bed, dresser, computer desk etc... all the major things. Once i am done with the trailer, I am going to bring it to a realitives place in Gainesville and leave it there... 2 weeks later my mother and I will be flying back to NY. That is when I take another batch of things with me... but this time I am driving alone in the '93 Coupe (my mother is staying in NY for now) and I am going to take my time, make a few stops along the way etc...

Which means the '79 is staying in NY until further notice... so atleast when I come back to NY I have a car.... once we get our property where our house will be built (Gainesville) the '79 will make the trip down with the final load of my stuff.

The Oldsmobile will be my "main" car thru college (well, tech school) for about 2 years... the apartment I will be living at will let me keep 2 or 3 cars there, but I will only have 2 at a time there.... but life in a city setting, short trips and parking lots are no good for the '93... so with that, the Oldsmobile will be good... another 2 years is not alot to ask out of the car either.

the '79 will countinue to be my have fun, go-fast car.... I know that for the time I do not have access to it, I'll miss it.... thats ok though.

We can start a new club... OCWNW.... Old Caddy's With New Wheels :D
lol ....like the club name ...

As far as tint goes im not sure anymore , ive had to deal with several states tint laws since ive been driving , from law in LA to laws in fairbanks alaska ...i cant remeber for sure what floirda laws are for tint (the deville came tinted in my case)...there is laws down here and the percentages chage window to window ...front side windows get a difrent percent than the rear side windows and yet another diffrent spec for the rear window ...

juiceE
03-04-05, 12:02 PM
hey night wolf... just wondering, how much is insurance on 3 cars @ ur age?

CoupeDevilleRob
03-04-05, 06:13 PM
I wasted a racoon once, on 684 on my way to Limerock. I was in the left lane doing about 75 when I spotted the car in front of me clip the thing. The guy in front didn't kill it though and it kept trying to cross the highway. I didn't even consider swerving, I'm not even sure that swerving at 75 in an 83 Deville is such a smart idea, and blasted the little bugger with both left side tires. My friend kept yelling "how could you do that, you killed it!" I kept yelling back "it was gonna f-ing die anyway, I did it a favor!" We still laugh about that, it was kinda like a scene from Seinfeld. And thankfully there were no racoon remains on my car.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-04-05, 10:21 PM
I wasted a racoon once, on 684 on my way to Limerock. I was in the left lane doing about 75 when I spotted the car in front of me clip the thing. The guy in front didn't kill it though and it kept trying to cross the highway. I didn't even consider swerving, I'm not even sure that swerving at 75 in an 83 Deville is such a smart idea, and blasted the little bugger with both left side tires. My friend kept yelling "how could you do that, you killed it!" I kept yelling back "it was gonna f-ing die anyway, I did it a favor!" We still laugh about that, it was kinda like a scene from Seinfeld. And thankfully there were no racoon remains on my car.

ONLY THE STRONG AND SMART SURVIVE !!!!!

THE SLOW AND WEAK MINDED PERISH!!!

telly our freind you did the raccon poluationa favor and cleaned out the shallow end of the gene pool

Night Wolf
03-05-05, 04:08 AM
swerving the '83 shoudln't be a problem.... my '79 dosn't have a problem :)

actually, the car handles very well, I am very surprised at the (lack) of body roll... AFAIK I do not have the rear sway car, I would like to add one.... but when prushed hard in the corners, the poor weight distrubution (front heavy) is obvious...

also with old, worn, curb-rashed tires... I tend not to push it too much...

I am on my own insurance plan, have been since Igot my license Aug 11th 2003... I have the '93 DeVille, my Oldsmobile and the '79 DeVille... the Olds and '93 just have liability, the '79 has classic car insurance and therfore is full coverage.

right now the '93 DeVille dosn't get driven (read: shouldn't be driven) so it is "withdrawn from use" the plates stay on it, and it is still covered, but you are not supposed to drive it, so I only pay 25% of the premiums (for that car)

I just made an insurance payment today.... for the '93 withdrwan from use, the Olds normal and the '79 w/ classic car insurance it was $88 this month.... when the '93 is back on normal insurance again it is somewhere around $170-$200/month

This also includes a $50k life insurance policy... I save a little bit of money by having multi-line discount.

money is real tight for me right now though... I need to bring in $100 on Monday for some supplies for my Olds... I paid my car insurance today.... I would like to buy 4 new tires for the '79 in the near future... that'll be about $400 or so..... and I was hoping to have some parts to start the work on building the 425 up by spring break... my father was going to help me... I will need $400 or so in parts... so I need to see....

I need to rotate my tires... well, put the front on the back and the back on the front... if I can hold back from burning them up everyday, I can get a few more months out of them... so I think I will get the parts that I want for the enigne first.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-05-05, 11:47 AM
swerving the '83 shoudln't be a problem.... my '79 dosn't have a problem :)

actually, the car handles very well, I am very surprised at the (lack) of body roll... AFAIK I do not have the rear sway car, I would like to add one.... but when prushed hard in the corners, the poor weight distrubution (front heavy) is obvious...

also with old, worn, curb-rashed tires... I tend not to push it too much...

I should clarify what I said, swerving now would be no problem because I got new tires, at the time of the racoon slaughter incident I had my old tires and they were pretty much at the end of their useful life.

I agree with you NightWolf, the car does handle suprisingly well considering what it is. Mine would probaly handle even better than you 79 because I have a much smaller, lighter aluminum engine. But don't think for a second that I wouldn't mind giving up some handling for that far superior 425.

Night Wolf
03-05-05, 08:46 PM
lol.... the tires on my car are about shot too... I need to swithc them, but the backs are well worn....

it is because everytime I pull out, especially when mking left turns, I always give more-then-needed throttle input so that I leave the driveway/road going sideways.... wish I had Posi :)

I think the getting a '77-'79 Fleetwoood hood, which would be aluminam would help... this thing is front heavy... to the point where I can tell if there is a full tank of gas or not... I usually keep it full, even though it is more weight, it is almost over the rear axel.

Especially int he snow... well, this car dosn't even move a few feet in my driveway as it dosn't get traction, so I take the '93 out (Olds is in the shop getting painted and stuff)

I can't say too much about the snow/rain driving, handling, traction or any of that until I get new tires though... plus mine are off balance... but once I get nice, new tires then I can give better insight.

Also if it makes a difference I have 15" spoked wheels (made by Appliance) I don't know if they are more heavy then the steel wheels or not... I know in the future when I start getting some major power from a built 472/500, I will have to ditch the wheels as I'll just spin out the hubs with that power.

I would think the HT4100 gets somewhat good gas mileage though... similar to the 307? about 16mpg aroudn town and 24 on the highway?

the big block Cad's love to drink gas... it cost me about $20 just to go 60-80 miles.... around town driving, some idling (winter time) and such I have been getting 11mpg :) in the summer it used to be 12/13 around town... havn't checked highway mileage out recently, last I knew it was about 18-20mpg

plus you have OD.... I guess there are 2 ways to look at it.. if you just want a cruiser car and don't care about performance, the HT4100 is fine... but if you don't care about gas, then the 425 is better for power.... and as much as I hate it, the 425 runs fine on 87 octane, even when running it hard....

kmhebert
03-05-05, 09:45 PM
Sorry that had to happen Night Wolf. I've fishtailed a little in my Brougham, but nothing like my old 5th Avenue. Once I was driving in Virginia and we got hit with a rare snow storm, I was lost anyway and kept doing doughnuts in the middle of a snowy highway. Not fun! This year I accelerated (in the snow) and tried to change lanes too quickly, I ended up fishtailing but didn't turn around, and eventually regained control. It's too bad about the paint/wheel damage, any luck getting those scratches out?

Night Wolf
03-08-05, 01:05 AM
you know... hings are starting to freak me out a little...

maybe this ESP thing isn't a joke... for me atleast...

so tonight I went to my fathers after work, we went out for dinner (took his car) he lives only 3 miles away, and with the near0flat tire on the '93 (will be fixing it tomorrow) I am driving the '79.

Anyway, we are talking about cars most the time... various stuff, just like always.

So it was about 11PM we watched CSI and I start to drive home... on the way home, for whatever reason I think about car accidents... mostly accidents involving my '79 DeVille... accidents that my firends joke aobut when they see the car like... geezee... imagine if someone in a Honda Civic pulls out in front of you and you t-bone them? your car woudl be fine and theirs would be totaled blah blah.... for some reason I replay a scene like that in my head over and over...

but no... I did not hit anyone... but then I was thinking about accidents and the little mis-hap I had witht he '93... I was thinking... damn birds... my wheel is scratched up...

Now it is 11PM, winter night, today it was very warm so it was about 50*.... and at this instant, so a split second, on the left side of the road kinda floating down it looked like what I thought was a block/borwn empty garbage bag floating down.... then I realized... it was a bird! it swooped right infront of my car... by the time I realized it, I hit the brakes, the rear tires locked up... but the DeVille plowed into the bird... it hit my car right ont he left head lights.... I then see if kinda fly up on it's back, wings spread, up and over the windsheild to the left of the car.... I didn't want to go back because I didn't want to see it.... so I kept driving home.... while thinking about things... and, in my 32k+ miles of driving this was the *first* time I ever *hit* a bird... was this really a strike of luck? swerve to miss birds the other day, think about it tonight... and hit a bird? and as I was thinking about it, my eyes kinda watered up a little... dunno why.

fast forward to about 15 minutes ago, I figured i would come online qucik before I went to sleep to post this message... and I wanted to do a quick search just to humor myself....

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa042698.htm

so as I was reading that... some of the things in the bullets I can actually relate to, my eyes started to get that same watery feeling as they did before.... but this never happens to me....

Then 5 minutes after that I was thinking about my flight yesterday... I am a student pilot and I want to schedual a flight for Wednesday also... but anyway, I was thinking about flying... and the plane in general... small single engine two seater plane etc....

I live in farm country... one of the owners of the farms owns an older Cessna that he flys around in the summer on nice days.... that has the unmistakeable sound of the 50's/60's witht he Contenantal engine... but here it is, 11:45PM really dark outside.... I hear a rumble... at first I thought I was hearing things... but sure enough... it was a plane.... not a jet... a small, single enigne plane that sounds just like the one I fly.... this struck me as odd... there havn't been anyone flying their planes around latly... and... almost midnight on a winter night? durring the week? who would do that.... so anyway... the enigne grew louder in sound... sound like it was right above me... then as quick as it came... it went away.... I thought I was hearing things, so I paged my mother on the intercom and asked her if she heard a plane, she said yes.... strange...

just like 2 weeks ago, I had about 45mins. on my lunch period from school but wanted to take the NYS Thruway to the next exit (14 miles away) to wash my car... I was having alot of second thoughts... 1) not getting back on time and being late for gym and 2) speeding on my way there... then speeding back and getting pulled over, getting a ticket and actually wasting more time then not speeding...

I drive there, wash my car, head back the whole time thinking that I shoudln't have went, and should hav waited until after school, and I can just picture myself getting a speeding ticket as I am speeding.... back to school... had the radar detector on (as always) and was really crusing... I see the sign for my exit... 1 mile ahead.. I was gonna be late for school, but not that much.... then as I crest a hill the radar detector goes off... LASER... now it has been going off a few days before and it was a false alarm.. so I kinda ignored it... but then the KA meter got pegged and there was a Trooper.... I knew he got me, so I put the radar detector under the seat... he pulled out pulled me over..... and I got a speeding ticket... 85 in a 65....turns out I am cousins with the cop (didn't know it at the time) so it'll all work out in the end.... but I had such a strong feeling that something like that would happen...

this kinda stuff happens alot of times thruout the day with me... maybe it happens to everyone? whatever the case I will be paying attention alot more now... and reading up on it.... I have *always* had these "feelings" where if I didn't like something... I didn't do it... perhaps that is the reason why I am the way I am and not a "normal" teenager..... but, maybe it is actually more then "feelings" I have.... who knows... atleast it'll be interesting to read up on....

Now that everyone is creeped out by me, I will go to sleep :)

Stoneage_Caddy
03-08-05, 01:36 AM
sounds bad but same thing happend to me in my crash i had with the G20....As i flew off the cliff i remeberd "i had a dream about this last night"...Woke up once in my bed and this time i woke up in a pool of blood ....the whole time i was getting stiched up ,checked out and put back together i kept thinking how werid it was...

Even worse is how mom knows when iget hurt real bad , called home and clamly asked her "how you been" ..she then said "good to hear your voice , i knew something happend to you but i didnt know what"

kinda like that time she knew i broke my arm behind the house ....i was on the ground all dazed and crap and she dropped what she was doing at the neibors house (like across the street where you cant see or hear) and ran to get me....

she just knows when ive gotten hurt....

try not to put too much value on the ESP stuff , youll end up like me , have a dream that pretty realistic and wake up not knowing what to do ...ie "am i supposed ot drive or not"...

sometimes it works out , sometimes it dont ...probably something spiritual or something about it ...

Ive rear ended the same cement truck well over 20 times in my cadillac , all four wheels locked up and seeing the hood ornement fold towards me ..desperately pumping the pedal trying to unlock the brakes and get some steering ...it seems like hours till impact and ive got all the time to "avoid" the truck but cant...hasnt happend tho....Caddys got abs and brakes are cheked once a week ...all new rotors and pads as of last month ...so it prolly wont happen ....

Night Wolf
04-06-05, 11:53 PM
Well, the scratches on the car are barley noticeable except for a few ont he plastic rocker moulding... and the large area of paint that peeled off, I hit with the Buick touch up paint.... can't tell anything ever happened... unless you get up close to it...

but that wheel is still scratched to hell and back... it is pretty bad and I can't stand it....

so that problem is no more:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7965849357

:) it'll be $65 after shipping and insurance etc.... only 1 wheel, but that is all I need :) I will check the condition of my center cap tomorrow, if it is bad enough, I'll buy a new one (I think $12 form him) I may just buy one anyway....

but I am happy... lesson learned... but on the flip side, I will now have a spare wheel that is 100% OK to use... incase anything (worse) ever happens :)

I feel much better already though... my car is back on the road to looking good again....

slk230mb
04-07-05, 03:30 PM
Well, the scratches on the car are barley noticeable except for a few ont he plastic rocker moulding... and the large area of paint that peeled off, I hit with the Buick touch up paint.... can't tell anything ever happened... unless you get up close to it...

but that wheel is still scratched to hell and back... it is pretty bad and I can't stand it....

so that problem is no more:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7965849357

:) it'll be $65 after shipping and insurance etc.... only 1 wheel, but that is all I need :) I will check the condition of my center cap tomorrow, if it is bad enough, I'll buy a new one (I think $12 form him) I may just buy one anyway....

but I am happy... lesson learned... but on the flip side, I will now have a spare wheel that is 100% OK to use... incase anything (worse) ever happens :)

I feel much better already though... my car is back on the road to looking good again....

Gald you found a relitavely cheap solution. Cardio-doc is a sponser here, he is always priced fairly.

cardio-doc
04-13-05, 10:03 AM
That single rim is a heck of a score. Glad I could help out.

~Doc