: Side Mirror Malfunction

wnorman
07-21-13, 04:15 AM
I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalase. When I put it in REVERSE, the side mirrors adjust to see te ground while backing up. When I put the vehicle iback in PARK or DRIVE, the left mirror won't return to it original position. I can only adjust it part way back up with the adjustment controls. Can it be fixed? If so, how?

Rich08
07-22-13, 01:13 PM
The same exact thing happened to me when when I first bought my truck. What resolved my issue was reprogramming the 2 memory presets. Try to reprogram your memory presets and hopefully it works. To memorize hold 1 or 2 until you hear 2 beeps.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-22-13, 04:38 PM
I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalase. When I put it in REVERSE, the side mirrors adjust to see te ground while backing up. When I put the vehicle iback in PARK or DRIVE, the left mirror won't return to it original position. I can only adjust it part way back up with the adjustment controls. Can it be fixed? If so, how?

Hello wnorman,

Welcome to the forum! I apologize for any vehicle malfunction you are experiencing. I see Rich08 was able to offer advice on what resolved his issue with this situation. If you would like to further discuss your concern, please reach out to me via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

SpyShops NY
07-25-13, 12:17 AM
check connections, play with the mirror.

Punmax
07-25-13, 04:15 AM

Try resetting your memory presets, and if that doesn't work, just turn off the feature for the driver-side mirror via the DIC. How do you guys manage to back up your truck with no vision at all? I found that the mirrors go pretty far down.