: I might be handing in my FOSS membership card tomorrow...

BeelzeBob
03-01-05, 10:56 PM
If everything goes right...

RealmCenter
03-01-05, 10:58 PM
Sweet. :thumbsup:

Ralph
03-01-05, 11:01 PM
Beautiful Sal!!! Is that an '03 like my Dad's??

I know you'll love it and it's a mover let me tell you! :thumbsup:

Sunroof?

blingblingcv
03-01-05, 11:11 PM
looks very nice and clean. Will be great for palm beach.

slk230mb
03-01-05, 11:25 PM
Look at the emblem's Ralph, it's a 2000 or a 2001. No sunroof either. Why the change Sal? Anyhow, it looks like a good find.

Ralph
03-01-05, 11:27 PM
Those emblems look exactly the same as my Dad's with the "32 valve Northstar" on the left side of the ass-end. In 2004 they had a silver placque in place of it if I'm not mistaken.

slk230mb
03-01-05, 11:30 PM
Those emblems look exactly the same as my Dad's with the "32 valve Northstar" on the left side of the ass-end. 2004 had a silver placque in place of it if I'm not mistaken.

The emblem on the steering wheel is the older design with the ducks on the crest part. Those stopped in 2001.

Ralph
03-01-05, 11:32 PM
The emblem on the steering wheel is the older design with the ducks on the crest part. Those stopped in 2001.

I checked my 2003 Deville brochure and you are correct about the ducks not there, but I'm amazed you can notice ducks on that pic of the steering wheel of Sal's!!

And the seats look waaaay too mint to be that old, or so I thought.

slk230mb
03-01-05, 11:34 PM
I checked my 2003 Deville brochure and you are correct about the ducks not there, but I'm amazed you can notice ducks on that pic of the steering wheel of Sal's!!

I stared at one of those steering wheels for about 8k miles before ours went back on lease, I loved those ducks.

And the seats look waaaay to mint to be that old, or so I thought.

He's in FL, probably some low mileage car from an older couple.

Ralph
03-01-05, 11:38 PM
I stared at one of those steering wheels for about 8k miles before ours went back on lease, I loved those ducks.

I like them on my steering wheel too, and the hood ornament. :) And the trunk key flip cover. :p and the C-pilars! Even my seats are embroidered with the crest and emblem complete with cute little duckies!! :p

The hubs too! :canttalk:

illumina
03-01-05, 11:45 PM
Sal, are you ordering that car from out of state? Because we have that same dealer with the same writing/insignia up where I live: Germain. They deal in used Cadillac and Lexus here (various other used cars too).

slk230mb
03-01-05, 11:56 PM
I like them on my steering wheel too, and the hood ornament. :) And the trunk key flip cover. :p and the C-pilars! Even my seats are embroidered with the crest and emblem complete with cute little duckies!! :p

I wish they still had the ducks... :annoyed:

Stoneage_Caddy
03-01-05, 11:58 PM
If everything goes right...

well there is pleanty of room here at FDCOOL (Front drive Cadillac ownership Obsession Leigon)...and esp in the "kickass DTS wheels section"...Welcome ....Not only am i the President but im also a member ...

D148L0
03-02-05, 12:11 AM
Congratulations, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

BeelzeBob
03-02-05, 01:44 AM
That's not actually "the" car. However, it looks exactly like that. When I got home, I found the pictures I took with my cell phone were far too dark to post up. So, I looked for a similar DTS on the net.. Otherwise, the DTS I'm looking at has a moonroof. It looked fully-loaded to me - besides night-vision, anyway.. The car is a 2000 with 16,000 miles on it - that's about 3000 miles per year, average. My wife works at a dealership and we're getting the car for $17,000.00 - trade-in value.. There's not a scratch or nick anywhere on the car. It's in mint condition inside and out.. It was traded in today by a man in his 70s..

Ralph
03-02-05, 01:45 AM
That's not actually "the" car. However, it looks exactly like that. When I got home, I found the pictures I took with my cell phone were far too dark to post up. So, I looked for a similar DTS on the net.. Otherwise, the DTS I'm looking at has a moonroof. It looked fully-loaded to me - besides night-vision, anyway.. The car is a 2000 with 16,000 miles on it - that's about 3000 miles per year, average. My wife works at a dealership and we're getting the car for $17,000.00 - trade-in value.. There's not a scratch or nick anywhere on the car. It's in mint condition inside and out.. It was traded in today by a man in his 70s..

Did you get married w/o telling us!! :shhh:

BeelzeBob
03-02-05, 01:46 AM
Can't talk about that just yet. :p

brougham
03-02-05, 01:53 AM
Id rather have the Fleetwood but I hope you like it :)

Ralph
03-02-05, 01:55 AM

That thing will haul A$$ compared to a heavy Fleetwood! You have to drive one Mike!! Just because it's wrong-wheel-drive doesn't mean you can't smoke 'em. ;)

BeelzeBob
03-02-05, 01:57 AM
The DTS is so responsive. I can't believe it.. I know it's not a "fast" car but it's hard not to "move" when you hit the gas.. It's got a lot of power and it's going to be nice driving something new for a change. If the deal goes through and I lose my Fleetwood Brougham, I'll certainly miss it. And, I hope to one day have another in storage. Being in Florida, I think my chances of that are pretty good...

Ralph
03-02-05, 02:01 AM
The DTS is so responsive. I can't believe it.. I know it's not a "fast" car but it's hard not to "move" when you hit the gas.. It's got a lot of power and it's going to be nice driving something new for a change. If the deal goes through and I lose my Fleetwood Brougham, I'll certainly miss it. And, I hope to one day have another in storage. Being in Florida, I think my chances of that are pretty good...

I almost had a fiTT when I drove my Dad's home from the dealership! While on the highway, no one was around so I came to a complete stop. I pressed the gas gradually and it just kept pinning me into the seat like I've NEVER experienced before! The sound was beautiful. I had a '69 Charger with a 383 and lots of torque but the Northstar just doesn't run out of breath and keeps on pulling STRONG!! In comparison, the 4.9 is about the same AT FIRST then fades away compared to the DTS. But don't get me wrong, the 4.9 is a torquey little beast!

DeVillish
03-02-05, 05:47 AM
My EX's dad let me drive the 02 DTS the dealer gave him when they were fixing his Escalade, the 4.5 is nothing compared to a good North start! Dont get me wrong i loved my 90 coupe, but that DTS was one hell of a car.

BeelzeBob
03-02-05, 06:28 AM
Well, let's see what happens.. I'm pretty sure I'm getting it today.. I'll keep my fingers crossed... :p

Katshot
03-02-05, 08:01 AM
Sal,
Very nice looking car for sure. But I'd be less than honest if I didn't point out that the 2000 had A LOT more "issues" than the 2001. I personally would NOT recommend the 2000 to anyone. It was a great first effort but it WAS a FIRST effort. Many old sayings are just that but the old saying about not buying the first year of any new design DOES have a good deal of truth to it.

BeelzeBob
03-02-05, 08:29 AM
Thanks, Kevin.. And I know what you're saying.. I thought about that last night as I was coming home.. I'm going to get an extended warranty and hopefully that'll keep things manageable.. As strange as it may sound, I don't mind bringing my car in for service when something goes wrong. I just take the opportunity to go sit in some new Cadillacs and dream. :) If it becomes expensive (non-covered things breaking), I'll sell it and buy a newer model.

I'd love to get this car and I hope it works out, but, I'll really miss my Fleetwood.. There's a Deville everywhere you look on any street around here. My FWB is very unique - even for Florida.. That kinda worries me! Maybe I wont have an opportunity at another one.. I DID see a perfectly mint black FWB at Maroone Cadillac a couple of months ago - $10,000... I guess I'll just take it as it comes...

slk230mb
03-02-05, 08:53 AM
As for the 2000 models go the only real problem with them on the board here is the crank position sensors, there was a bad batch by the supplier. We never had a problem outside of a bad rear blower motor on our 2000 Deville.

BeelzeBob
03-02-05, 09:35 AM
That's good to hear!

HotRodSaint
03-02-05, 10:07 AM

So would I. :)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/289000-289999/289674_71_full.jpg
More Pic's Here. (http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotrodsaint)

BeelzeBob
03-02-05, 10:23 AM
You guys aren't nearly as impressed with techno-gadgetry as I am. :p In a perfect world, I'd have my simple, yet incredibly comfortable, soft-riding Fleetwood Brougham AND something that impresses me with technology...

Tint those windows for goodness sake!

RobertCTS
03-02-05, 12:53 PM
That's good to hear!

Sal,
I seldom get away from the CTS forum but in browsing I ended up here. Is the thumb nail your new ride? It looks awesome. Enjoy:thumbsup:
Bob

RobertCTS
03-02-05, 12:57 PM
HotRodSaint,

Why do you have so many antennas on your car?

slk230mb
03-02-05, 01:20 PM
Looks like someone swapped out the 2000 emblems for the 2002+ newer ones. Either way it still looks good. Good Luck!

Katshot
03-02-05, 01:29 PM
I must admit, the current DTS is the ONLY Northstar-powered Caddy I'd even consider owning. I've said it here many times, I LOVE the look of a black DTS w/chrome wheels. Hot-looking car IMO. I just can't bring myself to own a Northstar, let alone another FWD car. I'm hoping there will be a Mustang convertible in my future! :D

RobertCTS
03-02-05, 01:39 PM
I must admit, the current DTS is the ONLY Northstar-powered Caddy I'd even consider owning. I've said it here many times, I LOVE the look of a black DTS w/chrome wheels. Hot-looking car IMO. I just can't bring myself to own a Northstar, let alone another FWD car. I'm hoping there will be a Mustang convertible in my future! :D

DTS=Mustang:hmm:

juiceE
03-02-05, 02:21 PM
Tint those windows for goodness sake!

:bighead: for real... at least a light smoke

Ralph
03-02-05, 02:22 PM

Have you driven a DTS?? Impressions?? :sneaky:

Katshot
03-02-05, 02:37 PM
Have you driven a DTS?? Impressions?? :sneaky:
Several times over the years. I really like the Deville. I even like the interior. I thought about getting one a couple years ago but decided to go with the Fleetwood instead. At the time, I really wanted to do a hot-rod Fleetwood but, the DTS was always on my mind.

Ralph
03-02-05, 02:40 PM
Several times over the years. I really like the Deville. I even like the interior. I thought about getting one a couple years ago but decided to go with the Fleetwood instead. At the time, I really wanted to do a hot-rod Fleetwood but, the DTS was always on my mind.

It's going to be hard to find a low mileage RWD Fleetwood in the near future if it isn't already. Just look at how hard it is to find a 1996 Impala SS with an interior that isn't cut to shreads.

DTS's handle good too and technology helps make them so imo.

I want to test a new STS.

Katshot
03-02-05, 02:41 PM
DTS=Mustang:hmm:

Yeah, I know. Doesn't make sense huh? Actually, as I just mentioned to Ralph, I thought about getting a DTS a few years ago but ended up with a Fleetwood. Now, I'm thinking of dumping the Fleetwood and going with a nice, sporty convertible. We'll see what happens but the new GT convertible or a 1 year old Cobra convertible are both at the top of my list.

RobertCTS
03-02-05, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I know. Doesn't make sense huh? Actually, as I just mentioned to Ralph, I thought about getting a DTS a few years ago but ended up with a Fleetwood. Now, I'm thinking of dumping the Fleetwood and going with a nice, sporty convertible. We'll see what happens but the new GT convertible or a 1 year old Cobra convertible are both at the top of my list.

I love Convertibles. I have a '72 Corvette Convertible, red on red. The biggest thrill use to be feeling the wind rushing through my hair:yup: Now the hair is gone and I bought myself a Corvette ball cap so the chicks would't know. I lost 3 damn hats in the wind!:mad: Now I turn it around backwards like Dale Earnhardt Jr.

airbalancer
03-02-05, 04:11 PM
To get way off topic , where the hell is a CTS convertible,
I am starting to look at 325 ragtop , Z4 would also be nice.
I just do not know if I could own a Ford.

Katshot
03-02-05, 04:34 PM
Boy I don't know if you'll ever see a Cadillac convertible but, who knows? Anybody ever Photoshop one around here? It'd be interesting to see what one would look like. I thought about doing a Fleetwood rag-top but found the price would be WAY too much. I seem to recall it being around $10K -$15K when I looked into it. I DID like the early to mid 80's Eldo rag-tops. I thought they were sharp. And I remember seeing some nice late model Eldo rag-tops too that were nice. I seem to recall GM swearing off convertibles though.

RobertCTS
03-02-05, 05:06 PM
You guys have over looked the Cadillac XLR convertible:)

Also here is the photoshop CTS Convertible. Hmm look at my next post

RobertCTS
03-02-05, 05:07 PM
CTS Convertible

Crap!! my Jpg will not post:crying2:

slk230mb
03-02-05, 05:33 PM
CTS Convertible

Crap!! my Jpg will not post:crying2:

Is the file too big?

RobertCTS
03-02-05, 05:45 PM
Is the file too big?

No. It's 42 KB and a JPG. No clue why it won't post. I'm supporter so I get some extra space. I will try again later.

Ralph
03-02-05, 05:47 PM
No. It's 42 KB and a JPG. No clue why it won't post. I'm supporter so I get some extra space. I will try again later.

I always have a problem with 'bitmps" pics and never jpegs.

Now, i want to se a pic of your CTS with the "side skirts!" :yup:

slk230mb
03-02-05, 06:02 PM

If you want you can email me the pics and I'll host it for you.

Elvis
03-02-05, 06:23 PM
I'm still tripping over not being invited to the wedding. :(

You guys need to remember that Sal used to have an Eldorado and I think he said he had a Corvette at one time too. I think he'll love the DTS. Yes, the FWB is unique and special in its own way, but the DTS is more of a driver's car than a stock FWB is. Sal's a driver, not a senior citizen like HRS. :p

brougham
03-02-05, 07:45 PM
That thing will haul A$$ compared to a heavy Fleetwood! You have to drive one Mike!! Just because it's wrong-wheel-drive doesn't mean you can't smoke 'em. ;)

I don't care what it drives like I just don't like them.

brougham
03-02-05, 08:00 PM

I thought your seats only had the crest part and not the whole thing. There is around 19 places inside mine that have a Cadillac symbol and even more with the Cadillac writing :kick:

Ralph
03-02-05, 08:08 PM
I thought your seats only had the crest part and not the whole thing. There is around 19 places inside mine that have a Cadillac symbol and even more with the Cadillac writing :kick:

My seatbacks have the crest as in "shield and wheat" or what ever you want to call it on each of the 4 seatbacks. (no "CADILLAC" script on seats) I could probably count about the same amount of crests all over if I cared to. Oh, and lets not forget the floor mats. Mine are still factory sealed in clear poly with the crest and shield showing. :shhh: Also on the inside of the car on the C-pillars there is a nice little emblem with a chromed button for the map lights.

Ralph
03-02-05, 08:08 PM
I don't care what it drives like I just don't like them.

That's no reason. :sneaky: :)

brougham
03-02-05, 08:23 PM
My seatbacks have the crest as in "shield and wheat" or what ever you want to call it on each of the 4 seatbacks. (no "CADILLAC" script on seats) I could probably count about the same amount of crests all over if I cared to. Oh, and lets not forget the floor mats. Mine are still factory sealed in clear poly with the crest and shield showing. :shhh: Also on the inside of the car on the C-pillars there is a nice little emblem with a chromed button for the map lights.

My seats just have the outside part of the emblem. I think that's all my friends Fleetwood had too. Take a picture of yours. I want to see what it looks like with the whole thing :)

Playdrv4me
03-02-05, 08:35 PM
Im congradulating you prematurely because youd be off your rocker not to buy a 2000 Cadillac anything with only 16000 miles on it. I dont care how nice the FWB was, it will be better to have as a protected garaged collectible in the future, than a daily driver as it gets older. The DTS will provide much enjoyment and at 17k its not too bad. I almost bought a crimson base 2000 Deville a couple of years ago for about 17500, but it had 40k miles on it.

Ralph
03-02-05, 08:42 PM
My seats just have the outside part of the emblem. I think that's all my friends Fleetwood had too. Take a picture of yours. I want to see what it looks like with the whole thing :)

Oops, I guess I don't have the "shield" part on the seats, just the wreath (outside) part like yours.

Can you tell from this pic?

p.s. the white blob on the hood is not bird shyte! I would never allow that! The pic just got scuffed.

RobertCTS
03-02-05, 08:55 PM
If you want you can email me the pics and I'll host it for you.

slk230mb@gmail.com

E-mail on the way:yup:

Katshot
03-02-05, 09:30 PM
I'm still tripping over not being invited to the wedding. :(

You guys need to remember that Sal used to have an Eldorado and I think he said he had a Corvette at one time too. I think he'll love the DTS. Yes, the FWB is unique and special in its own way, but the DTS is more of a driver's car than a stock FWB is. Sal's a driver, not a senior citizen like HRS. :p

Nobody likes a wise%@s!! ;)

Ralph
03-02-05, 09:32 PM
Sal's a driver, not a senior citizen like HRS. :p

Elvis you forgot to mention Ka.....

Nevermind.. ;) :sneaky:

slk230mb
03-02-05, 10:15 PM
For RobertCTS:

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/ctsground.jpg

RBraczyk
03-02-05, 10:35 PM
Oops, I guess I don't have the "shield" part on the seats, just the wreath (outside) part like yours.

Can you tell from this pic?

p.s. the white blob on the hood is not bird shyte! I would never allow that! The pic just got scuffed.

How'd you get that pic? You spiderman or somethin?

Ralph
03-02-05, 10:48 PM
How'd you get that pic? You spiderman or somethin?

SUPERMAN! LOL! No, it's on the steps going into my parents house. (attatched garage) It must be the lens of the camera that makes it seem far away.

gothicaleigh
03-02-05, 11:21 PM
To get way off topic , where the hell is a CTS convertible,
I am starting to look at 325 ragtop , Z4 would also be nice.
I just do not know if I could own a Ford.

http://www.classiccarfun.com/images/IMG_0001.JPG

Playdrv4me
03-02-05, 11:40 PM
Oh my, that is terrible. As is always the case with these chopped four doors, that center cross member just ruins it completely, if it was DeTomaso chopped into a REAL 2 door roadster it'd be alot better.

slk230mb
03-03-05, 12:10 AM
Oh my, that is terrible. As is always the case with these chopped four doors, that center cross member just ruins it completely, if it was DeTomaso chopped into a REAL 2 door roadster it'd be alot better.

What, you don't like the basket handle either...

Ralph
03-03-05, 12:13 AM
You mean a 3-Series conv. looks better?! :mad:

;)

RobertCTS
03-03-05, 05:22 AM
For RobertCTS:

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/ctsground.jpg

Steve,
I was supposed to send the convertible CTS:eek:

RobertCTS
03-03-05, 05:29 AM
Another shot of the 2 door CTS convertible.

RobertCTS
03-03-05, 06:08 AM
I always have a problem with 'bitmps" pics and never jpegs.

Now, i want to se a pic of your CTS with the "side skirts!" :yup:

Ralph
Side Skirts are now posted:D

RobertCTS
03-03-05, 07:51 AM
I love Convertibles. I have a '72 Corvette Convertible, red on red. The biggest thrill use to be feeling the wind rushing through my hair:yup: Now the hair is gone and I bought myself a Corvette ball cap so the chicks would't know. I lost 3 damn hats in the wind!:mad: Now I turn it around backwards like Dale Earnhardt Jr.

KadShot
Here's my '72 convertible I was telling you about.

slk230mb
03-03-05, 08:46 AM
Steve,
I was supposed to send the convertible CTS:eek:

Send it. I can host it also. No big deal.

Elvis
03-03-05, 09:45 AM
Elvis you forgot to mention Ka.....

Nevermind.. ;) :sneaky:

I was being nice to Katshot, even though he's older than HRS.

BOTH are older than me, so they're fair game!

Katshot
03-03-05, 12:12 PM
Ha, Ha, Ha!!!
Funny guy! :nono:

Katshot
03-03-05, 12:14 PM
KadShot
Here's my '72 convertible I was telling you about.

Boy, you MUST like RED!
Nice car. My freind has an all-original '72 red w/black interior. Haven't seen him or it in years though. I think he got it when it was like a year or so old too.

Ralph
03-03-05, 03:18 PM
Ralph
Side Skirts are now posted:D

Looks good! :)

airbalancer
03-03-05, 03:35 PM
You mean a 3-Series conv. looks better?! :mad:

;)
yes

Katshot
03-03-05, 03:46 PM
yes

Not only yes, but HELL YES! An M3 convertible is a hot looking car IMO.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-03-05, 04:14 PM
I'm confused, this has gone a little off topic, did Sal get the car yet or what?

Adam
03-03-05, 06:20 PM
damn, off sick for 4 days and Sal is ready to trade in his Fleetwood! no Sal no dont do it, im back :o . well i hope you dont trade in your Fleetwood for it but whatever. i mean it is a nice car but come on man, it aint no Fleetwood now. i almost bought a 2000 DHS but i got my Fleetwood instead. i hate hearing someone thinking about trading in their Fleetwood. between you and Katshot, which one of you is gonna give me a heart attach first:rant2: .

Ralph
03-03-05, 06:22 PM
No one would care if I traded in my "Fleetwood." :(

Say......for a new Mustang.... ;)

Adam
03-03-05, 06:30 PM
Ralph, you had better trade yours in for a RWD one :D :thumbsup: (preferably one with less miles than your current). dont you dare trade one in on a new mustang. please dont.

Katshot
03-03-05, 07:43 PM

I'm with you Ralph! :thumbsup:

Playdrv4me
03-03-05, 08:01 PM
Sal, we must hear the juicy details about this DTS, you have us all on pins and needles hea.

slk230mb
03-03-05, 08:02 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooo, then we can't refer to you as the Canadian that drives the pink Cadillac...

DeVillish
03-04-05, 08:09 AM
I still wana know where the hell the Eldorado replacement is! I want my RWD two door caddy! Yeah i know, XLR, but by the time i could afford one, they'll be as old as my Coupe was. They really need a cheaper 2 door. Come on caddy!

BeelzeBob
03-04-05, 09:12 AM
It's identical to the "second" post I made with one picture of the front with the fog lights on and moonroof "up". I'll have real pictures tomorrow. It's being detailed and tinted "dark" (I hope) today. Here's one that I took (with my phone) on the way home last night... I love this...

BeelzeBob
03-04-05, 09:13 AM
Also. I didn't trade-in the Fleetwood. However, it's up for sale. $6000.00 :) How's that for 79998 miles? :)

RobertCTS
03-04-05, 11:15 AM
I still wana know where the hell the Eldorado replacement is! I want my RWD two door caddy! Yeah i know, XLR, but by the time i could afford one, they'll be as old as my Coupe was. They really need a cheaper 2 door. Come on caddy!

I reluctantly traded my 2001 Eldorado in on my 2004 CTS. I really didn't want a 4dr. I prefer rwd. I loved my white diamond mist Eldo:crying2:

BeelzeBob
03-04-05, 11:40 AM
I had a white diamond ETC myself! I miss that car too...

Stoneage_Caddy
03-04-05, 01:13 PM
WOO HOO ....sals got it !!!!

BeelzeBob
03-04-05, 02:29 PM
The "tint guy" wasn't in today. So that wont be done until late next week.. But, it's being detailed in and out.. The carpet being shampood, and all that good stuff that comes for Free to my Wife at her job. :p I'm really anxious to get this car back here (home) tonight. I didn't get much of a look at it yesterday. It's been acting like New York here the past few days.. That means rain all day and night...

Stoneage_Caddy
03-04-05, 02:49 PM
The "tint guy" wasn't in today. So that wont be done until late next week.. But, it's being detailed in and out.. The carpet being shampood, and all that good stuff that comes for Free to my Wife at her job. :p I'm really anxious to get this car back here (home) tonight. I didn't get much of a look at it yesterday. It's been acting like New York here the past few days.. That means rain all day and night...

did you get the 48 degree weather and rain all day yesterday like i did here in new port richey/tampa ? man that was aweful ...not like what i went thru in alaska but damn it was miserable

Im detialing mine tonight when i get home ...will be the first time since its gotten gladdis got her high heels

Leloz
03-04-05, 04:11 PM
Also. I didn't trade-in the Fleetwood. However, it's up for sale. $6000.00 :) How's that for 79998 miles? :)

Congratulations on the DTS! If I had the room, I would buy your Fleetwood, that is an excellent price for the condition and mileage.. especially a Florida car. You probably can get more than $6K on ebay.

Vesicant
03-04-05, 04:28 PM
did you get the 48 degree weather and rain all day yesterday like i did here in new port richey/tampa ? man that was aweful ...not like what i went thru in alaska but damn it was miserable

Im detialing mine tonight when i get home ...will be the first time since its gotten gladdis got her high heels

The weather has been pretty sad... just now its sunny and clear skys but cold though.

Man... i still want deville or seville... :disappoin

Ralph
03-04-05, 04:48 PM
You got it Sal??!! Awsome. I remember you mentioning that the fleetwood had too much road noise or something, so how does the DTS compare?

CoupeDevilleRob
03-04-05, 05:20 PM
Don't sell the Fleetwood. Can't you stash it away some place until it becomes practicle to have two cars? It would kill me to get rid of a car like that, which is why I never want to get rid of my Coupe.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-04-05, 05:22 PM
It's been acting like New York here the past few days.. That means rain all day and night...

Rain!? All it ever does is snow around here anymore! I would welcome a few days and nights of rain with open arms. At least that would clean all this salt off the roads and melt some snow.

Playdrv4me
03-04-05, 07:22 PM
News report just said nothing above 40 for like the next 10 days here in NEPA! :crying2:

airbalancer
03-05-05, 07:59 AM
The weather is why I do not go to FL for a winter get away.
If I am going away I want hot !!!!!!!

RobertCTS
03-05-05, 08:04 AM
The weather is why I do not go to FL for a winter get away.
If I am going away I want hot !!!!!!!

I don't like HOT. If it's cold I can dress warmer. When it's hot you can't go pass naked:bonkers:

BeelzeBob
03-05-05, 11:46 AM
I don't like HOT. If it's cold I can dress warmer. When it's hot you can't go pass naked:bonkers:

That's what I've been saying for years. I used to work in an office with all women who were always cold. I was the one guy who was always hot. They complained if I turned down the temperature and I told them it was either they were a sweater or I wear nothing. I didn't get a bad response to that, but I couldn't do it. :p

RobertCTS
03-05-05, 11:54 AM
That's what I've been saying for years. I used to work in an office with all women who were always cold. I was the one guy who was always hot. They complained if I turned down the temperature and I told them it was either they were a sweater or I wear nothing. I didn't get a bad response to that, but I couldn't do it. :p

This is all that would be required to be dressed Sal.

BeelzeBob
03-05-05, 06:33 PM
Hahaha! That's great.. I need one of those just in case.:p

Okay, I came here to post a few more pictures.. These are low-quality from my phone, so.. I haven't purchased a new digital camera since the cheap one I bought last year didn't work right...

davesdeville
03-05-05, 07:14 PM
OK I gotta say it. The madisonross.com sticker is incredibly tacky. Don't put that on the DTS. :hide:

Playdrv4me
03-05-05, 09:00 PM
OK I gotta say it. The madisonross.com sticker is incredibly tacky. Don't put that on the DTS. :hide:

LMAO!! I was thinking the same thing but didnt wanna say it... Aww leave Sal alone. Really though Sal, get a Stylized Madison Ross sticker in the script of the logo I used to see on the forum, a little smaller and it will look fine on the DTS. I know that advertising on the car gets you tax benefits does it not?

Congrats on the purchase.

BeelzeBob
03-06-05, 10:51 AM
No, no stickers on the DTS.. It may have been tachy but it got the job done. I'm not too concerned with what people think about it, or I would have never put it there.. I didn't look into the tax benefits of advertising on my car.. I should have. :p I probably could have wrote off mileage...

RobertCTS
03-06-05, 11:06 AM
What's with the Madison Ross sticker? I see it's a web hosting site. Is that Sals real job?

slk230mb
03-06-05, 11:25 AM
What's with the Madison Ross sticker? I see it's a web hosting site. Is that Sals real job?

Yup.

BeelzeBob
03-06-05, 10:30 PM
That's my web hosting business.. It never really "took off", but I get some business.. I have two "real jobs". One is with American Express (full time). The other is with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (part time). I don't work both jobs by choice. I'm taking care of an ailing family member and it's been very expensive...

slk230mb
03-06-05, 11:27 PM
NASA Sal? Can you tell us what you do there?

Stoneage_Caddy
03-06-05, 11:32 PM
Tell me sal , do they have a job opening for a guy to stand near the shuttle with a really long stick and a marshmellow ?

If they do , Im the man for that job !

mmm , mmm, mmm, mmm TOASTY !

But yes do tell what you do , my dad used to setup camera equipemnt to record the shuttle taking off for the news papers ..

BeelzeBob
03-06-05, 11:58 PM
I'm a digital conference archivist and I work within their intranet... The marshmellow job pays in the mid $100s but you have to be very serious...

slk230mb
03-07-05, 01:34 AM
... The marshmellow job pays in the mid $100s but you have to be very serious...

For that $ I bet you get to use the name brand marshmellows, not the generic ones...:thumbsup:

BeelzeBob
03-07-05, 08:57 AM
Last I checked, they supply you with no frills material. Fortunately, you do have the option of bringing in whichever kind you like. :)

RobertCTS
03-07-05, 09:11 AM
Yup.

So SLK, wadda you think of your CTS by now? I like the Sport Ute package you chose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4532644379&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

juiceE
03-07-05, 10:47 AM
NASA Sal? Can you tell us what you do there?

WHO STARTED THE MARTIAN ICE THREADS IN CURRENT ISSUES?...:coolgleam

BeelzeBob
03-07-05, 04:25 PM
WHO STARTED THE MARTIAN ICE THREADS IN CURRENT ISSUES?...:coolgleam
Not me...

Elvis
03-07-05, 05:51 PM
Not me...

Yeah, right. Who started the giant killer asteroid threads last year? :shhh:

The DTS is a real beauty, Sal. :thumbsup: I'd like to see more pictures of it parked next to the Fleetwood.

Congrats!

slk230mb
03-07-05, 06:46 PM
So SLK, wadda you think of your CTS by now? I like the Sport Ute package you chose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4532644379&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

No idea what your talking about. :confused:

RobertCTS
03-07-05, 08:32 PM
No idea wha't your talking about. :confused:
SLK
Did you go to the link???
They had an Escalade for sale and ID it as a CTS, Duh!:yup:

slk230mb
03-07-05, 09:20 PM
SLK
Did you go to the link???
They had an Escalade for sale and ID it as a CTS, Duh!:yup:

I got that part, but what it had to do with me left me :confused:

RobertCTS
03-08-05, 05:31 AM
I got that part, but what it had to do with me left me :confused:

I guess it's Ohio humor:helpless: I thought it was funny that they were calling the Escalade at CTS. Your signature shows an Escalade(CTS) which I assume is yours. I saw humor in that you too were driving a CTS. You can laugh now:halo:

slk230mb
03-08-05, 10:59 AM
I guess it's Ohio humor:helpless: I thought it was funny that they were calling the Escalade at CTS. Your signature shows an Escalade(CTS) which I assume is yours. I saw humor in that you too were driving a CTS. You can laugh now:halo:

Gotcha, and yes the Cadillac in my signature is mine...lol