: Leather warranty?

r34220
07-19-13, 11:25 PM
Does anyone know if the leather covered in the bumper to bumper warranty? I found a very small scuff/scrape on the piece to the left of the gear shift.

gohawks63
07-20-13, 08:33 AM
Does anyone know if the leather covered in the bumper to bumper warranty? I found a very small scuff/scrape on the piece to the left of the gear shift.

Flaws in the workmanship of the leather (peeling, fading, etc.) would be covered. A scuff or scrape is damage that was made to the material having nothing to do with workmanship and I believe would not be covered.

Had a similar situation happen years ago. We bought a brand new Toyota Landcruiser in 2004. It was a $64K vehicle then and the car had less than 200 miles on it when my wife put a picture with a metal frame on the front seat and it put a nice scratch/slight tear in the leather. It cost me a couple hundred dollars out of pocket to repair.

r34220
07-23-13, 03:23 PM
I am happy to report that my dealer is replacing that part under warranty.;)

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-23-13, 04:06 PM

Hello r34220,

I am happy to hear the dealer is replacing your leather scrape on your vehicle. Let us know how everything goes! If you ever have any concerns or questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

cadillacricket
07-23-13, 10:48 PM
I am happy to report that my dealer is replacing that part under warranty.;)your dealer would prolly be happy to know you've deleted this thread too... lol

gohawks63
07-25-13, 12:10 PM

I guess I stand corrected. Kudos to the dealer and good for you!

joesboat
08-02-13, 09:50 AM
Yea erase this thread, save yourself and the dealer any sort of hassle or just post and say "hey silly goose it was like this when I got the car I forgot to mention"!!!

baldsing
05-30-14, 11:13 AM
Hi Laura ,
I have a 2010 Cadillac cts 3.6 with same issue on back seat , the dealer in Canada advised it will not covered on my warranty , could you please advise.
Thanks
Bryan

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-30-14, 05:32 PM
Hello Bryan,

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry that you are also experiencing an issue with your leather seat. Unfortunately we are not authorized to further assist customers located outside of the United States. I must refer you to the Customer Assistance team in your home market to discuss your situation and questions. I am providing a link below for you to reach out to GM of Canada Customer Assistance as they are in the best position to assist you at this time.

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporate/about/contactus/overview

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care