: How much Trans. Fluid does a 1989 Brougham hold?

reelheavy
07-19-13, 05:09 PM
I am asking because I just changed the pan gasket an I want to make sure I have enough. I am not a Trans guru.

----------

It has a TH-200-4R.

outsider
07-19-13, 05:29 PM
When I did my 87 I bought 2 5 quart jugs and I think I only used like 1 of them...maybe a little off the other one too.

I'm not sure on the exact measurement but it never hurts to have some extra around :)

reelheavy
07-19-13, 06:07 PM
When I did my 87 I bought 2 5 quart jugs and I think I only used like 1 of them...maybe a little off the other one too.

I'm not sure on the exact measurement but it never hurts to have some extra around :)

Thanks, Man. Appreciate it. Enjoy your weekend.

cadillac kevin
07-19-13, 07:52 PM
I think 6 quarts maybe?
edit: manual says 5 liters (10.6 pints) for pan drop and 10.4 liters (22 pints) for full overhaul

reelheavy
07-20-13, 10:19 AM
Well I changed the pan gasket yesterday hoping that would solve my leak situation and I look in my garage this morning and I still have a damn puddle of trans fluid. I don't know what I should do next to find this damn leak. It only leaks overnight or when the car is not running.

cadillac kevin
07-20-13, 10:34 AM
Hows the seal where the TCC wires go in?

reelheavy
07-20-13, 10:49 AM
It looked pretty good my problem seems to be around the rim of the pan. I am still getting small droplet from around the rim. You think I could Perma-tex them?

reelheavy
07-20-13, 10:53 AM
Here are some of the pick of the pan. not the clearest but.

csbuckn
07-20-13, 08:06 PM
Def looks like the pan gasket is leaking. Is the torque converter wet also? That would make me think front seal. I'd look around for a decent gasket, maybe a molded rubber w/metal core gasket if they make one. Then I'd find the right torque rating for the pan bolts and go by that.

reelheavy
07-20-13, 09:28 PM
No the torque convert is not we it is just the pan. I don't know what I could possibly to stop this damn leak. Over the past 3 weeks I have brought 6 jugs of trans fluid just to mop it up in my garage.

csbuckn
07-20-13, 11:44 PM
You should put a clean pan under it until you find the leak so you can reuse the fluid. When you take your pan off, clean it out, flip it upside down and lay it on a flat surface to make sure its not warped. Hopefully the pan lays flat. You cant reuse a bent pan. Torque the pan bolts down to the correct torque as your pan will bend if you dont.