: V classifies as: Tuner or VIP?

Pillow
07-19-13, 01:43 PM
So for the sake of car shows everywhere... What is the V considered?

I can see arguements for VIP or Tuner. Perhaps it just sits as American Muscle in a class all its own? Considering these were built to challenge the M5, I would almost think EuroTuner. Most mods I have seen are going towards the murdered look, which I don't think is Tuner or VIP...

I'll let you all decide ;)

FuzzyLogic
07-19-13, 02:10 PM
American Muscle implies a vehicle that has lots of power, but nothing else. The CTS-V is the antithesis of that. And it's not an European compact. Why was this question even asked?

P-Funk
07-19-13, 02:13 PM
I agree with Fuzzy. It would help to know what the question is asked for in order to give a proper answer as to classification.

CTSV_Rob
07-19-13, 10:27 PM
Need another catagory, "Luxury Muscle".

50 4Ever
07-19-13, 10:33 PM
Need another catagory, "Luxury Muscle".I agree....

Blown_Red_97z
07-20-13, 01:50 AM
Is there a euro killer category? I think that's more fitting, this car is fast and pretty damn nice. I bought a v1 over a LS3 vette based on ride quality, features and interior. Call me crazy but I like the 4 door

Dan_Gurney
07-21-13, 08:33 PM
Forget car shows... go drive it, SCCA F-Stock, STU, ESP...

MoistCabbage
07-21-13, 08:38 PM
How on earth would it be considered a VIP style car???

Pillow
07-23-13, 12:54 PM
The original question spawned from a discussion at work about this semi-local show: http://www.tuner-evolution.com/blog/classes

They have a Tuner class and VIP (Black 4)... But with loads of categories under each classification.

We have a mixed bag of "hot" cars at work and they classify quite easily since they are Jags, M3s, Lexus IS F, AMGs, and so forth... But what the heck would a V be?

Depending on how you modify your V I can see multiple answers.

Fuzzy is def EuroTuner with the concave look.

The V could easily pull off VIP since it is 4 door (remember: King of Sedan. Not to be confused with Dubbed out gangster rides like 300s). Throw some monoblock style wheels on and you are done.

For further timewasting research on "looks" check out Stance Nation, Can I Beat, Stance Works, or any of the other multitude of "stance"/"look" sites and see what you all think... I know most of them are pretty extreme for drivers though, the poke and stretch is for show cars only IMO.

----------

One more input, maybe American Muscle should be reclassified into Modern American Muscle?

I do not think anyone can argue that the new pony cars and SRT family from Dodge cannot handle well on the street or track.

lollygagger8
07-23-13, 01:43 PM
How about love muscle?

rand49er
07-23-13, 03:55 PM
How about love muscle?:helpless:

jeph054
07-23-13, 04:25 PM
How about a get up and go, kick a$$, fun as hell to drive family car? When ever we go out as a family and we ask my kids (4 & 7) what car to take they always pick the V...and my 4 yr old daughter is the biggest advocate of that. The other vehicle they have to choose from is a Tahoe. It makes me smile when I hear them say they want to ride in the V...even with all of the passenger "rules" (can't have the kids messin up the interior) plus it gets better gas mileage then the hoe....
Ok sorry for that off topic rant...:D

CTSV_Rob
07-23-13, 05:59 PM
How about love muscle?

:helpless:
:rofl:

----------

I would pick that option lolly.

lollygagger8
07-24-13, 12:09 PM
:helpless:

:rofl:

----------

I would pick that option lolly.

I never fail to disappoint Randy. :lildevil:

----------

How about a get up and go, kick a$$, fun as hell to drive family car? When ever we go out as a family and we ask my kids (4 & 7) what car to take they always pick the V...and my 4 yr old daughter is the biggest advocate of that. The other vehicle they have to choose from is a Tahoe. It makes me smile when I hear them say they want to ride in the V...even with all of the passenger "rules" (can't have the kids messin up the interior) plus it gets better gas mileage then the hoe....
Ok sorry for that off topic rant...:D

That's funny...my 4 year old daughter loves the V also. She always says "Dad, let's take the vroom vroom car!"

rand49er
07-24-13, 01:31 PM
I never fail to disappoint Randy. :lildevil: ...Amen.

Nor do your avatars.

CTSV_Rob
07-24-13, 10:57 PM
The only way lolly's Avatar would disappoint me is if I found out that was a dude.

----------

I never fail to disappoint Randy. :lildevil:

Nah, I'm guessomg he loves you like a son... or maybe a grandson... :hide:

:D

----------

Sorry to the OP for the spammage but I couldn't resist!

Pillow
07-25-13, 08:46 AM
Spammage is 100% ok :) This is a light discussion topic as it is for fun.