: Shifter boot bezel

carterb
07-18-13, 06:21 PM
My shifter bezel in the center console (attached to the rubber boot on the gearshift) keeps working its way up out of the console. I push it back down periodically - about every 2-3 days. To my knowledge, it has never been worked on. Has anyone else experienced this with their V? (I never saw this in my previous CTS.) Doesn't look like the clips are damaged, just presses into the console .... any ideas?

carterb
07-20-13, 12:00 PM
I guess no one else has experienced this in their V ? It is kind of annoying (hope I don't need to glue it down - j/k ! ).

muohio
07-20-13, 04:34 PM
Mine popped off once in 30k miles. Just snapped it down and never had a problem again. I've had some other random trim pieces come loose before like the chrome accents on the steering wheel controls or the plastic piece on the bottom of the headrests.

spearfish25
07-21-13, 10:15 AM
The dealer should be able to order a new shift bpot and trim if necessary. Swing by, have them order it, and its a 5min swap when it comes in.

Jeckste1
07-31-13, 02:00 AM
My shifter bezel in the center console (attached to the rubber boot on the gearshift) keeps working its way up out of the console. I push it back down periodically - about every 2-3 days. To my knowledge, it has never been worked on. Has anyone else experienced this with their V? (I never saw this in my previous CTS.) Doesn't look like the clips are damaged, just presses into the console .... any ideas?

I have a 2012 Coupe with AT and it does the same thing. No idea what caused it but it's annoying for me as well.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-31-13, 07:03 PM
It sounds like some are having luck snapping the piece back in place, and we along with spearfish25 would recommend that you bring this to the attention of your dealership if you're under warranty. If we can be of any assistance, let us know.

Sarah (Assisting Laura)
Cadillac Customer Care

SecretWeapon
08-01-13, 05:20 AM
You need to push it firmly in place until the clips click and catch.