: Threading in center of drivers seat coming out!

Zhariak
07-18-13, 05:47 PM
Hello Gentlemen (and ladies if there are any),

Noticed today that the thread is starting to come out of the center of the recarro suede drivers seat (the sewing thread that goes front to back), about 3 inches away from the back part...

Just wondering, is there any easy way to fix this myself?

spearfish25
07-18-13, 07:29 PM
Hello Gentlemen (and ladies if there are any),

Noticed today that the thread is starting to come out of the center of the recarro suede drivers seat (the sewing thread that goes front to back), about 3 inches away from the back part...

Just wondering, is there any easy way to fix this myself?

Yes. Go to the dealer and have them replace the seat.

Zhariak
07-18-13, 07:32 PM
Yes. Go to the dealer and have them replace the seat.

Ugh, I was hoping to avoid all that! :( This V has been virtually problem free! lmao, I was hoping they'd never have to take it apart!

spearfish25
07-18-13, 10:52 PM
I understand, but some things just can't be fixed. I doubt you run a dry cleaners and sew GM-alcantara for a living :)

Trapspeed
07-18-13, 11:03 PM
Matter of fact, leave it be for awhile then get a new seat once it's feeling too soft. :p

SilverrV
07-19-13, 12:07 AM
i would show it to them , document it and bring it back when it gets worse.

stl_ls1gto
07-19-13, 01:06 AM
I would not wait longer than 1 year from the date you purchased, that sounds like a wear and tear problem that might only be covered for 1 year/12000 miles. In any case, I would have the dealer check it out sooner rather than wait longer and then maybe have a problem when you take it in.

dennych
07-19-13, 01:22 AM
LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR *angry fist*

Zhariak
07-19-13, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys :)

Ya, next oil change I'll bring it in and get them to document it on the vehicle history just so down the road if it gets worse I'll fix it then. It's only come out of one of the whole, there's about 1cm of thread that's dangling. If it doesn't get worse I may just leave it (I wouldn't have noticed it except for the centimeter of thread dangling).

This 2013 I've had has been an absolute pleasure. No issues with this baby, and I have a feeling this specific vehicle will last in great shape for a LONG LONG time!

Zhariak
07-19-13, 06:44 PM
And great news...

I had some time to poke around today... It looks like it just came out of that one spot (hole to hole). The rest of the thread going from front to back is tight and isn't unraveling. If this is the case I'm just going to document it with the dealer, and leave it :) hahaha