: 99 escalade wont shift out park when running but will with key in acc position

Rybruce33
07-18-13, 04:09 PM
Newbie here.... 2 questions

1. The truck wont shift out of park when the vehicle is started but it will when the truck is off and key os in the accesories position... I'm thinking some sort of neutral or brake safety switch??

2. My blower only works on high I'm assuming it's the resistor? Where exactly is the resistor located? I've tried researching it and haven't found ANYTHING.

Thanks in advance!!

the cadillac man
07-18-13, 05:59 PM
Newbie here.... 2 questions

1. The truck wont shift out of park when the vehicle is started but it will when the truck is off and key os in the accesories position... I'm thinking some sort of neutral or brake safety switch??

2. My blower only works on high I'm assuming it's the resistor? Where exactly is the resistor located? I've tried researching it and haven't found ANYTHING.

Thanks in advance!!

Not sure on the safety switch but it may be the key switch

The blower resister would be close to the blower inline and mounted to the hvac box before the heater core and evaporator as it would need to be kept cool while in use

Rybruce33
07-18-13, 06:56 PM
Anybody else on the shifting issue??

dgriffin
07-19-13, 09:36 AM
my 2000 escalade started the same way but now it is stuck in park and will not shift regardless of the vehicle being on or in the accessory mold. From all the research i have done it appears to be the shift brake actuator sensor. i had to purchase the part from the dealer and occurs it doesn't come with instruction. I know it is located above the brake pad i was hoping to get assistance from someone on this site in getting step by step instruction on removing and replacing the actuator/sensor but no one has replied yet.....

Rybruce33
07-21-13, 09:45 PM
It was the brake light sensor. But make sure you bu the clip because it doesnt come with it. The part is hidden way up under the dash.