: Some Maintenance Done

Cadillacboy
07-18-13, 03:22 PM
Finally, after long long wait we had our distributor replaced along with some other parts as the images illustrate

Now, the car sorry the Cadillac of the Cadillacs stopped stalling problem and occasional long "over cranking " issue .Everything seems to have been fixed , except . You dont expect everything to be %100 perfect , right ? lol :stirpot: :suspense: :bigroll:

The big rig was delivered with Check Engine Light on the dash and I hooked up Actron 9135 (what an advertisement lol ) ,it threw DCT507 Code which refers to Idle related and I deleted the code by that cool tool
Now, no more trouble codes and after all, the car starts instantly and rides lovely

turbojimmy
07-18-13, 04:36 PM
Rough idle is a pet peeve of mine. Some engines are inherently a bit lumpy at idle, but not the LT1. Glad you got it sorted out.

csbuckn
07-18-13, 04:49 PM
Can you open your old opti to see if moisture got inside or is it long gone?

Cadillacboy
07-18-13, 05:20 PM
Thanks for your replies, I have not seen anything like moisture but I believe it's long gone .Honestly, we had to drive it in rain too and years ago water pump was also replace because it was too leaking lol
Well, opti spark got some spark , I mean wet lol

outsider
07-18-13, 09:40 PM
good work. I remember when I had mine done. I left it with my mechanic while I went to Vegas for the week haha. Came back and the car was running so smooth :)

Poda
07-19-13, 12:07 AM
Where did you get your Opti from? I'm having a difficult time finding a quality one at a decent price

outsider
07-19-13, 08:37 AM
I got mine on ebay. I went with an MSD brand one I believe. A lot of people said get AC Delco or nothing but the MSD was like 1/2 the price and has served me well ever since (over 2 years now.)

Cadillacboy
07-19-13, 03:16 PM
My mechanics said it was back order , and had some trouble finding a correct one , Impala/ Caprice had a different one according to what they said to me
I had posted a while ago about LT1 distributors and came across MSD on ebay as well
I think , thefleetwoodguy is a good source
Besides these , I know other two sources :
www.gmotors.com

www.crowncadillacolds.com