: Any one go power sliding this evening?

danbuc
03-01-05, 01:19 AM
With all this crappy snow we are getting here in the North East, I was just wondering how many were having a little fun with there cars. I went out to get a sandwich, and was powersliding through every turn I could find. I must say, it's alot harder than I thought with a FWD car, nothing like my Mustang. It was alot of fun though. I got a few strange looks from people, when they notice my car drifting through a turn, with the rear wheels locked, and the front wheels spinning. It's was nice when I went out, there was noone else on the road. Probably a good thing. :D

klebrun
03-01-05, 01:23 AM
I take my son out sometimes when it snows down here and do power slides. He sometimes wants me to do it on dry pavement ( I've created a monster ). I told him that when he gets older and gets a job, he can buy the tires and I'll do the power slides on dry pavement.

davesdeville
03-01-05, 01:23 AM
I did in a parking lot about 2 or 3 weeks ago when it rained. And I got a ticket for ****ing wreckless driving. I have to go to court tomorrow for it. I'm gonna be super pissed if I get points for doing something on a private lot.

danbuc
03-01-05, 01:32 AM
Damn, that sucks. Me and a couple of dudes from school went over to the Home Depot Parking lot at 3:00am the last time it snowed,a nd we had a blast. One cop showed up, but he just told us to make sure we didn't hit eachother, and that was about it. He knew we were just messin' around, so he left us alone.

klebrun
03-01-05, 01:37 AM
I did in a parking lot about 2 or 3 weeks ago when it rained. And I got a ticket for ****ing wreckless driving. I have to go to court tomorrow for it. I'm gonna be super pissed if I get points for doing something on a private lot.

Depends on where you live and whether the cop is cool or not. Obviously you found a cop that wasn't too cool about it. I had a friend get a ticket for exhibition of acceleration, even though he was on a private parking lot. Kinda sucks when they won't let you have any fun. I could understand if there were people there and you might hurt someone. But if you and just a few friends are out there, I don't see a problem with it.

danbuc
03-01-05, 01:40 AM
I think I might go out again a little later, and have some more fun. They don't plow the roads here, until the next day, so all the snow is nice and packed down. Nobody is on the road either. Maybe I'll get something to eat, or drink (not alcohol), to justify going out and messing around some more. :burn:

Ralph
03-01-05, 01:58 AM
Our snow has all melted!

:D

klebrun
03-01-05, 02:29 AM
That's one thing that I've always liked about the Cadillac vacuum release parking brake. You can actually use it as a brake, instead of some those foot operated parking brakes on other cars where you have to hold the handle to keep the pedal from staying engaged.

RBraczyk
03-01-05, 10:39 AM
Yea I'm too far away from my own truck to go p sliding. I will admit the last time I tried too hard and spun my truck around.

DopeStar 156
03-01-05, 11:21 AM
I like to make 360's with my Fleetwood in my driveway as a quick way to turn it around. Cut the wheel all the way, and floor the gas and the back end swings around.

RBraczyk
03-01-05, 05:46 PM
Did I mention I do crazy donuts...Hmmm, next storm, my friend, video camera...results to come...

c5 rv
03-01-05, 08:50 PM
They never plow the street outside my current client's office because it's the border between two cities. I had fun in my truck when I left the office this afternoon.

Adumb
03-01-05, 09:12 PM
i do power slides anywhere i can, and i do donuts like crazy in the parking lot at work, i do 'em on the way in and the way out

davesdeville
03-01-05, 11:32 PM
I could understand if there were people there and you might hurt someone. But if you and just a few friends are out there, I don't see a problem with it.

Yeah, I could see if there was someone or their parked car even with 200 feet of me but :mad: And the cop told me to go to metro court today at 4, so I did even though it was a pain in the ass, they told me the cop wasted my time and I have to wait for someone to send me a letter. What a f*cking douchebag cop I'm pissed again just thinking about it.