: Power Mirror Failure

Holaday
07-18-13, 11:18 AM
Any ideas/advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

The tilting when I put it in reverse only works occasionally and the Power Close feature does not work at all. I am not too upset about the reverse feature, but I need to be able to close the mirror and you cannot manually do this. Just seeing if there were any quirks or problems that I did not find with the search feature.

Thank you

Lee

themcknights
07-20-13, 01:06 AM
Any ideas/advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

The tilting when I put it in reverse only works occasionally and the Power Close feature does not work at all. I am not too upset about the reverse feature, but I need to be able to close the mirror and you cannot manually do this. Just seeing if there were any quirks or problems that I did not find with the search feature.

Thank you

Lee

My right mirror doesn't fold consistently and I found a guy on a site called surplusgm.com (Rydell Chevrolet) named Tim Hinders (timhinders@rydellauto.com). He said he could sell me one for $210 and $15 in shipping. It would be considered surplus (wasn't used for some reason). He has all kinds of parts. If he doesn't have it in surplus, he can still order it for you and likely still beat any local prices.
Direct: (319) 874-7967

limousine1.ca
07-20-13, 01:08 AM
Hello. I'm not sure if this would help, but I just fixed my LED in the signal light (one day it worked and the next day it didn't). My problem was corrosion and maybe yours is too. It actually wasn't too bad. What I did was carefully take apart the mirror by removing the top side closes to the glass first (it just snaps on - I used a plastic tool for disassembling doors etc), and then the bottom next. I found that the wires were essentially disintegrated at the inside connections. I cut out the connection added a small piece of wire (I was fussy and soldered them) and it worked. I wouldn't be surprised if your problem could be the same. It looked to me like the connection for the servo for the mirror fold was closest to the vehicle door with a rubber boot... so less likely - but worth a try.

Aerocoupe
07-21-13, 02:45 PM
If a person were to replace the entire mirror assembly (which seems to be the consensus) to fix the power folding issue, what years are compatable? Can a person with an '07 use mirrors off of any of newer ones or were there any design changes?

Darren

Holaday
07-22-13, 02:39 PM
My right mirror doesn't fold consistently and I found a guy on a site called surplusgm.com (Rydell Chevrolet) named Tim Hinders (timhinders@rydellauto.com). He said he could sell me one for $210 and $15 in shipping. It would be considered surplus (wasn't used for some reason). He has all kinds of parts. If he doesn't have it in surplus, he can still order it for you and likely still beat any local prices.
Direct: (319) 874-7967

Awesome. Sounds like it is easier just to replace the whole thing.

Thanks for the advice