: Really disappointed-still riding rough....

jlt1699
07-18-13, 01:38 AM
Okay, took my 08 Escalade in and let them replace the RF "strut" they assured me this would fix the rough ride.....I tried explaining that it is the worst in the rear and I thought the REAR is where the problem is.....so after they fix my RF "strut" they tell me if it doesn't fix it just let us know we'll replace the other side.
Again before I leave I express that I think the problem is in the rear! But evidently I am not being heard.
Needless to say it still rides like a "tumblecart" and if your sitting on the 3rd row when I hit any imperfection in the rode you are going thru the roof.

I am so disappointed not what I was expecting when we bought a Cadillac.....

hcvone
07-18-13, 07:27 AM
Okay, took my 08 Escalade in and let them replace the RF "strut" they assured me this would fix the rough ride.....I tried explaining that it is the worst in the rear and I thought the REAR is where the problem is.....so after they fix my RF "strut" they tell me if it doesn't fix it just let us know we'll replace the other side.
Again before I leave I express that I think the problem is in the rear! But evidently I am not being heard.
Needless to say it still rides like a "tumblecart" and if your sitting on the 3rd row when I hit any imperfection in the rode you are going thru the roof.

I don't know why you are mad at Caddy because your service people are the issue here, I don't know what it's like to ride in the 3rd row seats because I take them out of my trucks on day one, but understand anytime you are riding and sitting on top of a solid rear axle truck the ride will be on the rough side, it will never be as smooth as sitting in the front seats, having said that I do not understand why the service people would replace the front shocks, yes we have shocks, and if the dealership calls them struts, then quick find another dealership that knows they are shocks. :)

jlt1699
07-18-13, 08:07 AM
I don't know why you are mad at Caddy because your service people are the issue here, I don't know what it's like to ride in the 3rd row seats because I take them out of my trucks on day one, but understand anytime you are riding and sitting on top of a solid rear axle truck the ride will be on the rough side, it will never be as smooth as sitting in the front seats, having said that I do not understand why the service people would replace the front shocks, yes we have shocks, and if the dealership calls them struts, then quick find another dealership that knows they are shocks. :)

First thank you for your input. I questioned them being called struts after I made the first thread and you replied and was told it was just what 'they" called them. I use all the seats and no I didn't expect that it was going to be perfection or riding on clouds but it should certainly be a better ride than an 05 Expedition with over 200k miles on it.
I also no it's not right you can hear it hit, it hits so hard, maybe it needs to go to another dealership.....which I can't believe this particular Caddy dealer is the largest within a 6 hour radius?

The SUV itself I love, it's a Platinum with extras, love, love, love the vehicle. I know it's not riding like it should and I feel like the service department is making a guess at what they think is wrong.....I am happy to admit when I am wrong but I am really confident something in that rear end is not working properly and I just do not know what to look for?

Thank you again for any input!

hcvone
07-18-13, 08:37 AM
First thank you for your input. I questioned them being called struts after I made the first thread and you replied and was told it was just what 'they" called them. I use all the seats and no I didn't expect that it was going to be perfection or riding on clouds but it should certainly be a better ride than an 05 Expedition with over 200k miles on it.
I also no it's not right you can hear it hit, it hits so hard, maybe it needs to go to another dealership.....which I can't believe this particular Caddy dealer is the largest within a 6 hour radius?

The SUV itself I love, it's a Platinum with extras, love, love, love the vehicle. I know it's not riding like it should and I feel like the service department is making a guess at what they think is wrong.....I am happy to admit when I am wrong but I am really confident something in that rear end is not working properly and I just do not know what to look for?

Thank you again for any input!

Some dealership are just better than others, I travel 112 miles to purchase my Caddy's, there are probably 15 dealerships closer, but thru the years the dealership that I use really goes the extra distance for me, now understand that I purchased 26 Grand Cherokee's and 12 Escalade's and 5 CTSV. I hope you can find a dealership that will fix your issues the first time, they are out there, and yes it sucks that they all can't be great, biggest is not always the best. :)

hannity
07-18-13, 11:46 AM

I understand what you are going through, I was not expecting my issues when I bought my caddy. Anyway if they are not listening to you then take it to another dealer. Thank God not all service departments are the same.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-18-13, 01:31 PM

Hello jlt1699,

I am sorry for any trouble you are experiencing with your rear seats. I am happy to see the community engaged with your issue and give their input. I see another member stated to try a different dealership. If it is the service department you seem to be having issues with, I am more than happy to help you locate another nearby dealer. I can be reached via private message so we can continue our interaction.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

SpyShops NY
07-18-13, 11:28 PM
what is your rim size I think that makes a difference. I would put the factory 18" on a 2008 escalade. You should also do both sides at the same time, meaning front shocks (struts) both and the rear both. You should never just do one. Also I would look at the YAW sensor to see if that got bent from a accident or work done on the truck because it might be sending the wrong signals. The shocks are electronic and there is a YAW sensor at each tire and it sells the computer to send the right signal to the shocks.

Good Luck hope this helps.

see4real
07-19-13, 11:59 AM
jlt1699 --- I am curious what you are experiencing and how you phrase it to the dealer. I have an '07 ESV that is also riding rough. I feel like I experience every minuscule bump in the road. Over the last few weeks, I have bought brand new tires and replaced both front and rear shocks. Still having same issue where it just is not smooth anymore. After the above post, I am going to ask about the YAW sensors and leave it with the dealership next week for them to spend some time with it. So frustrating - I love the truck, but dropping a lot of money into it and getting angry when driving it is not ideal.

RippyPartsDept
07-19-13, 01:15 PM
there is one yaw sensor and it is mainly used for the stabilitrack system (but i'm sure that the active suspension system also uses it as an input)

the sensors that SpyShops is referring to are called position sensors that tell the suspension control module where the shock is in its range of travel
they are the main inputs to the active suspension system that makes the decision to stiffen or soften the shock up to 1000 times per second
well at least in a Z95/MRC (magneride) setup it can sample and adjust that fast

jlt1699
07-19-13, 05:27 PM
jlt1699 --- I am curious what you are experiencing and how you phrase it to the dealer. I have an '07 ESV that is also riding rough. I feel like I experience every minuscule bump in the road. Over the last few weeks, I have bought brand new tires and replaced both front and rear shocks. Still having same issue where it just is not smooth anymore. After the above post, I am going to ask about the YAW sensors and leave it with the dealership next week for them to spend some time with it. So frustrating - I love the truck, but dropping a lot of money into it and getting angry when driving it is not ideal.

I tell them that it rides rough, it hits hard, and that I can feel any imperfection that is in the road!
It is a "little" bit better since they replaced the LF strut as they call it and now want to replace the rear! I agree why not replace all at one time if they "really" need to be replaced!

I also keep stressing that the problem is worse in the rear, but my comments seem to go unnoticed.

----------

what is your rim size I think that makes a difference. I would put the factory 18" on a 2008 escalade. You should also do both sides at the same time, meaning front shocks (struts) both and the rear both. You should never just do one. Also I would look at the YAW sensor to see if that got bent from a accident or work done on the truck because it might be sending the wrong signals. The shocks are electronic and there is a YAW sensor at each tire and it sells the computer to send the right signal to the shocks.

Good Luck hope this helps.

I have 22's.

Is there anyway "I" can tell what might be going on if I look at the shocks,sensors,etc.?

SpyShops NY
07-19-13, 06:15 PM
Looks for leaks, I mean change the pairs front or back, the back is air shocks so they work or not so probably its from the front. I have 101k miles and my rear shocks are fine, Also I live in NYC where the roads are the roughest in the entire nation. So replace both fronts. If you still not happy after you know the shocks are fine than I would change to 18" rims and you will have the perfect ride. TLCs in new York all put 18" rims on there escalades because it has more comfortable ride. I use to have a 2003 ESV with 17" rims and when I bought my escalade new it was not the same ride at all. The 22" rims make it rough. It looks good but not feel good. also the new 18" rims come in chrome the look decent.

RippyPartsDept
07-20-13, 01:49 PM
there is no air in the front shocks only the rears