: Holy Crap Just got DSL It's as fast as my 96 STS

cruzajc1
02-28-05, 08:41 PM
Welcome me to DSL world.

Gus

EcSTSatic
02-28-05, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the new millenium Gus http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/2_thumbs_up_-_animated.gif

It's worth every penny!

danbuc
02-28-05, 10:21 PM
I've got cable :D

Vesicant
02-28-05, 10:56 PM
I've got cable :D

Same.. and loving every minute of it lol. especially over a small wireless network at home here.

Welcome to the club cruzajc :cheers:

RBraczyk
02-28-05, 11:02 PM
DSL is badass. Waiting to see how well its play's halo deuce.

davesdeville
02-28-05, 11:45 PM
I have 256k DSL, and it's good enough for me really... If I have to download something I'll leave it on at night and it'll be there in the morning.

Ralph
02-28-05, 11:50 PM
It's nice allright! :thumbsup:

Jesda
03-01-05, 04:41 AM
I hate my DSL. I even upgraded to SBC's "pro" package and its crummy.

danbuc
03-01-05, 05:14 AM
For those of you with Verizon, I hear they have a high speed fiber optic network, planned for the future. No telling how long it will be, befroe it's up and running. I'm sure it will be rediculously expensive though, but certianly worth it. In the mean time, T3 is the best I can get back where I live. I wish I could afford that, or at least T1. That would be nice. :D

CoupeDevilleRob
03-01-05, 02:45 PM
I have dial up, it's as fast as my 83 Coupe deVille :crying: .

turbojimmy
03-01-05, 03:27 PM
For those of you with Verizon, I hear they have a high speed fiber optic network, planned for the future. No telling how long it will be, befroe it's up and running. I'm sure it will be rediculously expensive though, but certianly worth it. In the mean time, T3 is the best I can get back where I live. I wish I could afford that, or at least T1. That would be nice. :D

Verizon is bringing fiber to the homes. It's already available in certain places. 15 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up is the standard offering but there are other options. That's 3 times what I was getting with cable. I have DSL now because I'm a good company man (I'm a Verizon employee). It is slower than cable, but I only notice on the upload side. Folks closer to the CO can request a bump up to as much as 768Kbps up, but I'm too far away. I get 1.5Mbps down which is T1 speed.

Jim

iametarq
03-01-05, 04:06 PM
I've got SBC's Pro. 2.5mb down where i am and 512kb up.

i have no complaints.

i used to have charter but they wouldn't allow me to run a webserver.

sbc lets me do anything i want. they don't block any ports! :thumbsup:

danbuc
03-01-05, 06:00 PM
My comcast her isn't so bad about 3600kbps down, and 364kbps :helpless: . The optimum online I have back home in Jersey is about 9000kpbs down, and 900kbps up. I would like T1, mostly for the 1500kpbs upload speed, in case I decided to host an FTP server for my friends or something. DSL does have it's advantages though. It won't slow up as much as cable under heavy traffic, but it's still not fast.

EvilXbox
03-01-05, 07:11 PM
Verizon is bringing fiber to the homes. It's already available in certain places. 15 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up is the standard offering but there are other options. That's 3 times what I was getting with cable. I have DSL now because I'm a good company man (I'm a Verizon employee). It is slower than cable, but I only notice on the upload side. Folks closer to the CO can request a bump up to as much as 768Kbps up, but I'm too far away. I get 1.5Mbps down which is T1 speed.

Jim

VERIZON EMPYLOEE...Sweet....I think we're gonna get the new Fiber optics next month. They have already put it in but all it is, is a little hooking up, programming everything to run right, get rid of the bugs and we'll have it to.

RBraczyk
03-01-05, 07:51 PM
Do you know if verizon is bringing the FO to NH anytime soon? Anyways, i ask because of your tag, are you a Halo 2 person?

Jesda
03-01-05, 07:54 PM
I've got SBC's Pro. 2.5mb down where i am and 512kb up.

i have no complaints.

i used to have charter but they wouldn't allow me to run a webserver.

sbc lets me do anything i want. they don't block any ports! :thumbsup:

Hey, good to see you here! I've been going to your Sebring forum for years, including the old one. I see you finally moved up from the old Buick.

RealmCenter
03-01-05, 10:52 PM
Cable here, Wide Open West, as fast as you can click it opens websights. Can download huge programs in minutes. Opens and plays any video/flash program instantly.

cl1986
03-02-05, 12:04 AM
5 mb down and 1 mb up. 29.99 a month if i pay for it, but i get it wireless from our office a block and a half away. Yeah i needed two cantennas but it works great!!!

turbojimmy
03-02-05, 05:19 AM
Do you know if verizon is bringing the FO to NH anytime soon? Anyways, i ask because of your tag, are you a Halo 2 person?

I know you're not asking me, but....

You can check out the Verizon website (verizon.com) and search on Fios (the name of the fiber product). You should be able to find out where it's available and where it's coming next. I think you can put in your phone number and they'll let you know when it's available, just like DSL.

I'm not on that 'side' of the biz so I don't know much more than what's publicly available.

Jim

slk230mb
03-02-05, 09:23 AM
I have road runner at home and it's good. At school we have a bunch of T3's split off and while its ok, the only benefit is that I can fun a ftp and webserver.