: Vented 1" Square on left side of steering wheel?

Cadillac_Phx
07-17-13, 06:38 PM
Title says it all, what is it? Also idk if my cooling seat works. I bought my car used so maybe it's not working but the three different settings don't feel cold???

Superjim
07-17-13, 06:58 PM
Title says it all, what is it? Also idk if my cooling seat works. I bought my car used so maybe it's not working but the three different settings don't feel cold???

The little vented area has a fan which blows air across a temp sensor to help the HVAC maintain the correct temperature in the car.

reedmtn
07-18-13, 08:34 PM
I have found that unless you put the temp of the air down to at least 68, you will not feel much in the way of cooling on the seats and most of the cooling seems to be the butt area and not the back where I could really use it.

Submariner409
07-18-13, 08:46 PM
.......... and the aspirator (cabin air temperature sensor) has exactly nothing to do with the seat heating and cooling. That's controlled by a Peltier module in each set underside.

Once in a while the aspirator tunnel needs to be blown out with 'computer air' - be careful of the thermistor bead just inside the little grille.

The seat heat/cool modules have heat sinks - they also need to be cleaned occasionally.

hazcaddy
07-18-13, 09:02 PM
The seat heat/cool modules have heat sinks - they also need to be cleaned occasionally.

Would you care to share how?

Submariner409
07-18-13, 09:14 PM
In the pre-"DTS" Devilles it's a labor intensive process of unbolting and tilting the entire seat rearward............ The best bet would be to either Google "cadillac forums 2006 dts seat cooling module cleaning" or something close, always preceded by "cadillac forums ......".

For instant gratification subscribe the car to www.alldatadiy.com (http://www.alldatadiy.com) (the GM service manual plus so much more that you need a study course to find it all) or get a GM service manual set from eBay or www.helminc.com (http://www.helminc.com).

Google "peltier heating cooling module".

IF the "DTS" is anything like the 2000 - 2004 Seville the aspirator module can be accessed by yanking the door end of the dash panel off - the panel with the window air duct in it. Remove the plastic duct tube and straight in you'll see a hex stsm screw. Remove it with a 1/4" drive extension, pull the screw with mechanic's fingers, and snake the module out. Clean and lube the muffin (computer) fan and reinstall.