: Strange NAV/Phone/Camera issues 2012 CTS-V Wagon

NickCat
07-17-13, 05:34 PM
Ok... so I had installed the 2012 update when way back when (the ridiculous nightmare to install it was), but I made it through after burning another disc from the original. Anyway...

Right now, I'm getting some weird issues... the first one I noticed was that when I'm navigating I can't pick up the phone (iPhone 5) through the steering wheel controls, or the nav screen until about the 4-5th ring. I get the "to answer call press blah blah blah voice prompt" but I the button does nothing and the onscreen prompt doesn't appear until the voicemail almost picks up. So I can catch a call about 15% of the time. This one might have been happening for a while, but I chalked it up to random crap if I the unit was recalculating, or I was doing something with the audio.

Second issue... has happened off and on over the last year... sometimes randomly after I have started navigation to my destination, I get not a single audio direction voice prompt. I can go in and change the volume to confirm it's up, but nothing. Occasionally cancelling the route and entering it again will fix the issue. I would say this happens about 15-20% of the time. I don't use nav often enough to have a better idea.

Third issue started yesterday... not getting anything from the backup camera. Throw it in reverse and nothing comes up... not delayed, not at all. The only thing that could be related to this one mechanical is that I noticed the wire bundle clipped to the inside of the rear passenger bumper skin was hanging down. Bundle looks to be about 12-16 wires. I just clipped it back up today, but it wasn't dragging and didn't appear to be damaged in any way.

I have a sinking feeling the way the nav originally wrote to the HD when it first installed is slowly eating itself.

I just ordered the 2013 disc as a shot this is all 2012 disc hell related. If not, I guess I'll be off to the dealership.

So anyone experiencing anything similar?

JFJr
07-17-13, 05:52 PM
I, too, went through the update nightmare with the 2012 discs (replaced 3 radios and had 2 2012 discs). About 50% of the time, the nav voice doesn't come on, although it's set properly, or comes on close to my destination (LOL @ "Wanda," my name for the voice). I just live with it because the annoying BONG doesn't come on too, since they're connected. But I have to say that the nav system is very useful, despite these quirks.

Jud

RapidRob
07-17-13, 06:45 PM
- ^^^ - Jud, - Are, or have you upgraded to the 2013 disc?

Rob

JFJr
07-17-13, 07:24 PM
- ^^^ - Jud, - Are, or have you upgraded to the 2013 disc?

Rob

No, I'm gun shy and don't plan on any more updates for my 2009. Hopefully, the next generation nav will update w/o discs.

Jud

RapidRob
07-17-13, 11:09 PM
^^^ - Can't say I blame you - last years update was a mess, especially for 2009 v2's.

Rob

IBMike
07-18-13, 04:00 AM
Disregard; found the asnwer (no delete post option?)

Anyone have any idea when the 13 discs were released? I just bought the 10th 2013 off the line and it was put in service in Apr 12. While it is still at the dealer, if the 2013 update was released afterwards and doesn't have it, I'm going to see if I can get them to update it before I pick it up!

Kyle_B
07-18-13, 10:57 AM
NickCat: I experience both of the first two issues you describe in my 2009 sedan and I haven't done any updates.

NickCat
07-18-13, 11:20 AM
NickCat: I experience both of the first two issues you describe in my 2009 sedan and I haven't done any updates.

That is sort of what I was expecting to hear.

I have a feeling the processor in the nav system isn't quite powerful enough to keep up with the tasks it's being asked to handle. I'm really hoping the 2013 disc actually contains some software updates, and isn't just map data, but I'm not holding my breath. Disc arrives Friday, so we'll see after that.

My wife has a '13 SRX with the CUE system... it's nice, but still not as smooth as it should be, at this point it's hard to be a supporter of GMs in case electronics.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-18-13, 07:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicles. Please private message me if you have any intention in taking your vehicles to the dealership regarding these issues. I would like to get in touch with your dealerships to speak with them about these issues. Thank you very much for your time. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care