: '94 FWB knock sensor code trouble.

biscayne
07-17-13, 12:21 PM
My FWB is slowly approaching 280,000 and was running a little rough (with the CE light) so I threw a tune up at it, plugs, wires, coil, filters and oil change and it changed nothing. (I did put in a new Opti a few years ago.) Scanned and got a 43, knock sensor code, changed the sensor on the right side, nothing. (right bank is running rough, hand over tailpipe feels choppy like a missfire and left is smooth constant flow) Now this may have nothing to do with anything but my fans come on at start up but shut off when I clear the code. (when cool) The code stays off only for a second with no change at the exhaust then faults once again which turns the fans back on....I am starting to think the old girls age is just catching up with her but is started so abruptly I am not convinced.
Any help with knock sensor code fixes is appreciated.

csbuckn
07-17-13, 04:49 PM
The fans turn on because the car goes into open loop mode(or maybe closed loop) because its not getting the right info from an important sensor. The computer then turns the fans on and dumps a predetermined amount of fuel in. My next step would be to check each wire for spark.

biscayne
07-19-13, 12:05 PM
I got it nailed thanks to this flow chart.... the k.s. I on the side that ran choppy was fine and the drivers side showed about 7000 ohms of resistance.