: 1993 Fleetwood Brougham Climate Fan Problems

mustangdon
07-17-13, 01:19 PM
Hello, I have a 1993 Fleetwood Brougham whose heater-A/C fan has a mind of its own. It turns on an off all by itself, if I have it turned on. I can wiggle the wires to the fan motor under the dash on the right side and sometimes it will turn on the fan. I've removed the plug and reduced the opening on the female plug and wired brushed the male part on the plug in the A/C unit. It still only works sometimes. I have folded some paper up and wedged it under the one side of the plug and that worked for a day or two. Has anyone had this problem before and what did you do to fix it. Thanks Don

Cadillacboy
07-17-13, 04:44 PM
Not in a Cadillac but one of my previous rides had a similar A/C problem when I turned it on it , it turned off by itself later they fount that it was down to insufficient R134 and broken expansion valve , we charged it with R134 besides swapped expansion valve and all of the problems were sorted out

mustangdon
07-17-13, 05:50 PM
I had the A/C serviced last year. It was converted to R134 several years ago and the inside fan part has always worked good. It blows ready cold air went the fan works. You can still feel the cold air from the A/C ducts when the blower quits. I'm pretty sure the Freon level is OK. I think it is some kind of electrical connection problem inside the duct were the blower motor is located, just not sure before I tear it apart. thanks, Don