: A/C Re Charge Kit

sprink60
07-17-13, 08:53 AM
My Front A/C started blowing a bit warmer over the last week so yesterday I decided to add a can of freon. I went to Auto Zone ans chose the "A/C Pro" Re Charge Kit. It comes with a 20 OZ cylinder of R134 along with a gauge and 24" of stainless braided hose. I took this rig outside to the Escalade in the parking lot and 10 minutes later I had 38* air coming from the dash outlets!!!

I highly recommend this one...the Freon also contains conditioners for the seals and lubricant for the compressor. The instructions are simple and easy to install.It's a bit pricey at $44.95 but the hardware is of such high quality you can keep it and use it again with re-fill cans that are available if need be.

This time of year...especially in SE Florida you must have A/C and this rig saved the day for me!!

the cadillac man
07-17-13, 09:48 AM
My Front A/C started blowing a bit warmer over the last week so yesterday I decided to add a can of freon. I went to Auto Zone ans chose the "A/C Pro" Re Charge Kit. It comes with a 20 OZ cylinder of R134 along with a gauge and 24" of stainless braided hose. I took this rig outside to the Escalade in the parking lot and 10 minutes later I had 38* air coming from the dash outlets!!!

I highly recommend this one...the Freon also contains conditioners for the seals and lubricant for the compressor. The instructions are simple and easy to install.It's a bit pricey at $44.95 but the hardware is of such high quality you can keep it and use it again with re-fill cans that are available if need be.

This time of year...especially in SE Florida you must have A/C and this rig saved the day for me!!

Those are great if the system has a leak(your may have a leak get it checked)
Over times you can easily overcharge the system and cause more damage

jnrsesv
07-17-13, 03:10 PM
WTG sprink, hell $45.00 verses what a AC joint?????? Good call buddy!

the cadillac man
07-17-13, 04:28 PM
WTG sprink, hell $45.00 verses what a AC joint?????? Good call buddy!

I got mine checked and had the engine oil changed and fluids checked for just a bit more at my local gm dealer(wanted to make sure it was at its best for summer)

bigirb2002
07-18-13, 11:17 AM
a/c pro is the best u can get

MoistCabbage
07-18-13, 01:22 PM
? It's just refrigerant, like any other R134a. The can gauges are a joke, and there's no way to tell what's going on on the high side. As posted, it's fairly easy to overcharge the system.

sprink60
07-18-13, 02:25 PM
? It's just refrigerant, like any other R134a. The can gauges are a joke, and there's no way to tell what's going on on the high side. As posted, it's fairly easy to overcharge the system.

To double check I took it to my Mechanic yesterday afternoon and he ran a High/Low on it...told me the 20 OZ I put in it was dead balls on High and Low side. His leak sniffer detected nothing. He explained that at a certain point in system age that the seals will eventually allow enough freon to leak down causing the compressor to shut down. Once the pressure is back up the compressor function returns.

http://acprocold.com/?gclid=COS0ytnHubgCFcOe4AodLHAAqA

I am familiar with High and Low side refrigerant issues...I'm a Mechanical Engineer.

With 37* discharging from my outlets I'm happy with my $45 purchase.

the cadillac man
07-18-13, 03:03 PM
To double check I took it to my Mechanic yesterday afternoon and he ran a High/Low on it...told me the 20 OZ I put in it was dead balls on High and Low side. His leak sniffer detected nothing. He explained that at a certain point in system age that the seals will eventually allow enough freon to leak down causing the compressor to shut down. Once the pressure is back up the compressor function returns.

http://acprocold.com/?gclid=COS0ytnHubgCFcOe4AodLHAAqA

I am familiar with High and Low side refrigerant issues...I'm a Mechanical Engineer.

With 37* discharging from my outlets I'm happy with my $45 purchase.

Mine is a lot lower then that on the temp (I think it was 34) and the high and low pressure readings are normal(at the temp tested)

wake
07-19-13, 01:08 AM

I agree.

I purchased a complete gauge set from Harbor Freight on sale for $40 a few years back and used them a few times, it's good to be able to see what's going on with both sides.

the cadillac man
07-19-13, 01:27 AM
I agree.

I purchased a complete gauge set from Harbor Freight on sale for $40 a few years back and used them a few times, it's good to be able to see what's going on with both sides.

I shop at harbor fright some times and next time I got I am going to pick me up one of those gauge sets so I can check the ac on all of the vehicles my family has
It will really come in handy for my car(79 Chrysler cordoba) so I can put the proper freon level in it