: Another new Cadillac owner here, 98 STS

kjd03842
02-28-05, 11:14 AM
Hello forum members,

I'm the proud new owner of a '98 Seville STS, 60k miles. Just thought I'd check in and see what these boards are all about.

This is my first Cadillac. I upgraded from a '97 Crown Vic with > 200k. So even though it's only a year newer, it is a world apart!

This is surely the nicest car I've ever owned, though it could be considered "old" already. When new ones are $55000, "old" Caddies are all I'll ever drive, at least until the kids move out.

It appears this car may be a little "high Maintenance", which I can live with. What I can't live with, is the stupid MINI-Disc player in the dash. Does anyone know of a reasonable way to replace it with a factory in-dash cd? It has the 6cd changer, but that's pretty inconvenient, I'd greatly prefer the Bose in-dash unit.

Thanks and hello again
KD in NH

D148L0
02-28-05, 11:25 AM
Welcome to the forums.

CADDYBLACK99
03-01-05, 09:59 AM
Welcome KD!

Its always a pleasure to welcome a fellow New Englander! As far as your mini-disc issue, try posting in the Infotainment section. I'm sure the wizards there will be able to help you.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
Good luck and post some pictures when you get a chance.
:welcome:
Paul

kjd03842
03-15-05, 10:45 AM
Coming up on a full month of ownership now, still in heaven with the STS.

I must say, these forums are just fantastic. I was on the boards for my Crown Vic when I got it a few years back, but it seemed like all they talked about was how to "cop-out" their police car wanna-bees. It grew tiresome quickly. Maybe I coulda found some better info elsewhere.

Anyways, re: these Cadillac boards, I'm getting quite an education already. I figure, once I get the service manual, I'll be a real expert! Well, at least smarter anyways.

Caddyblack99, how's life in that City of Seven Hills? Ever go see the Ice-Cats?

Thanks all, keep up the good work.

KD in NH

caddydaddy
03-15-05, 11:36 AM
I love my 2000 STS! Especially after I put on the Corsa exhaust!

CADDYBLACK99
03-15-05, 02:40 PM
Life is good here!
This is the Ice Cats last season here :crying: Many good family hockey nights!
We have NCAA coming this weekend. (GO UCONN!)
Showtime Boxing (Rivera fight) next weekend.

...Taxes s*ck, Big Dig Tunnels may be unsafe, 5 days till spring :bouncy:
Life is good!
:cheers:
Paul

kjd03842
03-21-05, 03:23 PM
I wanted to chime in again and thank the members of these boards. So far, nearly every question I've had concernng my "new" 98 seville has been answered somewhere in these forums.

Most recently, I discovered a trunk-full of water. Logging on today, I saw a recent post regarding exactly that. Unfortunately, it looks like it may be a bit of a problem, but it sure is peace of mind to find the answers so quickly.

Now i need to find out what's ticking under the hood, damn thing sounds like a diesel at times.

Anyways thanks again members
KD in NH

WALTMAN5150
03-21-05, 03:35 PM
Hey how much did you pick it up for? if you can tell us. I want to compare the price difference from one state to another.

caddydaddy
03-21-05, 03:46 PM
Now i need to find out what's ticking under the hood, damn thing sounds like a diesel at times.

It might be the cold carbon rapping, or knocking. Try a search for that.

kjd03842
03-21-05, 06:14 PM
Hey how much did you pick it up for? if you can tell us. I want to compare the price difference from one state to another.

$12000

cadavev
04-20-05, 02:47 PM
picked up my 98 a month ago for about the same money i paid 12,500 for a sts with 60,500 miles.

Fritzi
04-20-05, 06:17 PM
Welcome!