: engine braking pulses

skyler1582
07-16-13, 08:39 PM
Alright guys Im new to this forum. ive been looking for a thread cant find anything but. So i have a 09 cts v sedan automatic. When in manual mode i have notice second and third gear when engine braking the whole car pulses as if it pulsing the brakes is this normal or should this be something i worry about. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

baabootoo
07-17-13, 12:09 PM
Do you mean just normal driving in town or flooring it and then letting off maybe the traction control is kicking in under power?

skyler1582
07-17-13, 03:47 PM
not flooring it all. just letting the engine slow down the car. around 3k rpm range it feels as if the tranny is going in and out of neutral quickly

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-17-13, 05:13 PM
Alright guys Im new to this forum. ive been looking for a thread cant find anything but. So i have a 09 cts v sedan automatic. When in manual mode i have notice second and third gear when engine braking the whole car pulses as if it pulsing the brakes is this normal or should this be something i worry about. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello skyler1582,

Welcome to the site! I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your CTS-V pulsing when you brake. I see you are reaching out to the community to see if this is normal, but if you are concerned about it and are interested in taking your vehicle to the dealership, I would like to assist you in working with them. If you would like my assistance please send me a private message. If you are not able to send me a private message with your information, you could also send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. When you send your email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care