: Using an Iphone 3gs with my 2012 SRX

johndq
07-16-13, 04:30 PM
Hello, new to the forum. I have a problem when trying to listen to my IPhone 3gs while driving. My wife has had a 2012 SRX for about 3 months. On an extended trip I tried to play the music on my Iphone. I connected the Iphone through the USB port and my phone and music files were recognized. All of my music and playlists were on the screen. I started one of the playlists and everything seemed fine. After playing 4 songs, the audio stopped in the middle of the fifth song. The screen still displyed the song and title and the progress bar was still moving indicating the song was playing, but no music. I ejected the Iphone from the system and reset the phone and started playing from the fifth song. Again, everything seemed fine, two more songs played and then the audio stopped again. I tried this three more times and once got 8songs to play before the audio quit. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution other than converting my library to mp3 and storing it on the cars HD?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-17-13, 12:36 PM
Hello, new to the forum. I have a problem when trying to listen to my IPhone 3gs while driving. My wife has had a 2012 SRX for about 3 months. On an extended trip I tried to play the music on my Iphone. I connected the Iphone through the USB port and my phone and music files were recognized. All of my music and playlists were on the screen. I started one of the playlists and everything seemed fine. After playing 4 songs, the audio stopped in the middle of the fifth song. The screen still displyed the song and title and the progress bar was still moving indicating the song was playing, but no music. I ejected the Iphone from the system and reset the phone and started playing from the fifth song. Again, everything seemed fine, two more songs played and then the audio stopped again. I tried this three more times and once got 8songs to play before the audio quit. Has anyone experienced this or have a solution other than converting my library to mp3 and storing it on the cars HD?

Hello johndq,

Welcome to the forum! I apologize for the music issue while using your iphone you are experiencing. If you contact the Infotainment team at 855-478-7767, they may be able to assist you in resolving this concern. Please reach out to me via private message to let me know how things go and if this issue is able to be resolved. Also you can message me if any other concerns or issues arise.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care