: 97 Catera

Jcrow36
02-27-05, 10:46 PM
I am new to the Catera forum as I just purchased a '97 Catera. I wish I had read the forums prior to the purchase. I did read the consumer guide reviews but that is obviously not a true picture. I contacted the Cadillac dealer where the car was originally purchased, and all service done. I was advised that the 43K on the odometer was correct, and all recalls were completed as well as regular service intervals by the previous owner (one owner vehicle). It also has a clean carfax. The only thing I have noticed is a couple of drops of goldish/clear color liquid coming from the rear differential, could this just be a seal or a bigger problem? It drives and shifts great! :cookoo: Would keeping the vehicle be a safe choice considering the regular maintenace done, or should I consider a quick trade ? Thanks

Vesicant
02-28-05, 05:10 PM
Theres nothing too big about the diff, it could be a seal. And to repair it you dont even have to buy a new seal if you dont want to. Some automotive RTV copper sealer will do.

Check for loose bolts.

Should you keep your Catera? Read this post: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32638