: HELP!! Service Stabilitrak/TC, Transmission Rough, No A/C, Overheating!!

ab7977
07-16-13, 02:40 PM
Wow... Typing it makes it even harder to believe.

2006 Cadillac DTS - 130,000 miles

Driving around normally today... All of a sudden Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control messages come up, and instantly the Transmission starts shifting rough, I lose A/C, and temperature gauge starts to rise (was right down the street and made it home before it went higher than 3/4's of the way up). Needless to say I'll be having it towed for service, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this (so hopefully I can be informed enough to not get screwed by the local mechanic). :(

????

I've had to have a wheel speed sensor replaced in the past when Service Stabilitrak/Traction Control Lights come on, so I'm familiar with that. Just not sure what would cause all this to happen at once? Sounds more like an electrical issue to me?

Superjim
07-16-13, 02:51 PM
If one of your wheel speed sensors came unplugged.... it will do all of what you described, except for the A/C and over heating.
That would probably be a separate issue.

ab7977
07-16-13, 03:04 PM
That's what I was thinking but isn't it likely they're connected somehow since it happened at the exact same time?? Can't imagine it's a coincidence. :-/ Strange...

grullon10
07-16-13, 03:15 PM
First thing is that if all of that happen check wich code are you getting And work from there. something similar happen to me and it was burn ecm because of a short in one of my oxygen sensor but instead of burning the fuse it burn the ecm. What year is your car the 06 and 07 the bolt of the fuse box under the hood they get loose and the box loose it connection to the harness check them they 2 bolt.

ab7977
07-16-13, 03:18 PM

Cadillac_Phx
07-16-13, 03:52 PM
If this all started at once it could be some electrical issue/ box. Maybe the box that holds a lot of fuses burned up? I'm against taking vehicles to dealerships but sounds like you don't have an option. Take it to a dealer. Where are you located???

HASSAN4477
07-16-13, 05:40 PM
Check your fuses this just happened to me replaced a 15 amp fuse and voilą

mike5514
07-17-13, 09:01 AM
I think there is a button on the consul to turn off the stabilitrak try that in addition to what the previous posters said. Mike

Superjim
07-17-13, 01:17 PM
I think there is a button on the consul to turn off the stabilitrak try that in addition to what the previous posters said. Mike

The button only turns off TRACTION CONTROL.
it does not turn off Stabilitrac...

ab7977
07-18-13, 03:26 PM
Checked the fuses, the fuse labeled OXY PST was blown. Replaced it and it blew again 10 minutes after driving again. Must be a short somewhere. At dealer now.

grullon10
07-23-13, 01:21 PM
Did you found out what is wrong with your car.

ab7977
07-26-13, 01:42 PM
Update... 2 motor mounts were shot, and the motor moving around was causing it to rub up against some wires in the wiring harness. The heat was melting the plastic and rubber off the wires and they were arcing and blowing the fuses. Motor mounts had to be replaced, subframe had to be lowered to get to some of the wires so they could be fixed. $1,500 at the local dealer at $130/hr :(