: 96 seville radio harness

sts15l7
02-27-05, 10:13 PM
can someone explain to me what the different wires on the radio harness are on this car? im trying to connect my tvs and cd changer to a source that gets power when the car is start and also when the key is in the accessory position...the wire for the power antenna would work. but i noticed that the person that installed my amp got the power lead from an orange wire on the harness, and so i dunno what that wire is, cept it doesnt get power when the car is off. can someone tell me which wire i should tap into? thanks

-mir

neportlandmv
03-29-05, 03:27 AM
IF YOU ARE WORKING WITH ORIGINAL PLUG, THEN I WILL HAVE TO LOOK IT UP, BUT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AFTERMARKET HARNESS CONNECTED TO STOCK ONE. ORANGE OR YELLOW WIRE IS FROM IGNITION, SO WHEN IGNITION IS ON OR KEY IS IN "ACC" POSITION YOU WILL GET POWER TO YOUR HEAD UNIT, OR WHAT EVER IT IS YOU ARE WORKING WITH. RED WIRE IS ON ALL THE TIME, IT SUPPORTS YOUR RADIO MEMORY AND ALL THE SETTINGS THAT YOU SAVE ON YOUR HEAD UNIT/TV/DVD, ETC. CHECK OUT THIS LINK SEE IF IT WILL BRING MORE HELP http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1996-97&make=Cadillac&model=Seville&ID=17341&type=Stereo

STS 310
03-31-05, 01:14 PM
Great info, but can you take the caps lock off?