: Chance that Cadillac will support Sirius at some point?

Bear
02-27-05, 07:59 PM
As XM seems to be loosing most of the latest high market programming, does anyone know if GM and specifically Cadillac will offer an option for Sirius instead of XM? The latest loss is Nascar starting in 2007, added to no NFL and no NHL(if they ever play again) they are loosing my reason to have the service. Not to mention that with the exception of the music channels they now seem to have more commercial airtime than programming. Is GM backing them or tied to a long term contract?

Bear

sgilbert
02-27-05, 08:53 PM
How much NASCAR and Howard Stern do you want? Want to pay $12.95 instead of $9.95 each month?

Sat radio is still in it's infancy, and the winner will be the one that lasts. I'm betting on XM. (but I bet on BetaMax, too :) )

BogeyBoy82
02-27-05, 08:59 PM
How much NASCAR and Howard Stern do you want? Want to pay $12.95 instead of $9.95 each month?

Sat radio is still in it's infancy, and the winner will be the one that lasts. I'm betting on XM. (but I bet on BetaMax, too :) )

i used to bet on XM but after listening to Sirius it kills XM...way more popular music that i would gladly pay an extra $3/month for...with alpine releasing radios and tuner boxes for sirius i think it is only a matter of time until both are offered on different "bands" just like am/fm...

mgmlot93
02-27-05, 09:32 PM
I have had Xm for a couple of years in a few different vehicles (and my golf cart). I recently rented a vehicle on vacation with Sirius. I have to say that except for sports content I was highly disappointed with Sirius. I think the musice channels on Xm offer better content and more of it. I believe that the sports content is Sirius' last hope to try to get their share of the market - and it just may work, but I will keep my Xm. Just my .02

TRASHAULER
02-28-05, 06:31 PM
april 2nd '05 they will both charge the same price $12.95

jeff

www.tintmyride.com (http://www.tintmyride.com)
:devil:

Elvis
02-28-05, 06:38 PM
As XM seems to be loosing most of the latest high market programming

I'm not sure NASCAR is a big loss for XM. There are many other ways that XM is beating the crap out of Sirius right now. XM will broadcast every Major League Baseball game between now and the end of the 2009 season. Baseball is a HUGE radio sport with a huge national audience that uses the MLB website to follow out-of-market games and teams. XM also broadcasts ACC, Big-10/11, and PAC-10 football and basketball games. They scroll the scores on the display while the game is in progress.

The Nightly Business Report on PBS did an analysis of XM vs. Sirius a few weeks ago. The "experts" seem to think that there's a large enough market to support two vendors as long as both try to differentiate and be unique.

I test-drove an Infiniti FX-35 on Friday. The salesman told me that they offer BOTH XM and Sirius. I think that's the trend, so to answer your question--YES, I think all auto manufacturers will eventually offer both.

c5 rv
02-28-05, 07:24 PM
Sirius is making a big push to partner with automakers, like XM did with GM. However, I believe Sirius' financial position is less robust when compared to XM, but may improve if they can turn their expanded future programming into paying customers today. There are still rumors in the business world that they will merge.

Jesda
03-01-05, 04:40 AM
If Sirius equipment would stop sucking, that would be a nice start.

TRASHAULER
03-01-05, 11:12 AM
If Sirius equipment would stop sucking, that would be a nice start.

that is a huge fact! we sell both & xm is 5 to 1 just because of the equipment options available.

jeff
www.tintmyride.com (http://www.tintmyride.com)