: How in the hell do u remove the factory radio from a 86 fleet

86fleetwoodryda87
02-27-05, 07:46 PM
im seriosly stumped as to how that damn radio comes out can somebody please me!!!!!

AElayyat
02-27-05, 10:40 PM
1) Remove the a/c vents, carefully pry them out.
2) Remove the 2 screws that are behind the a/c vents.
3) Remove the 2 lower screws on the sides (by mirror control and fuel data pannel)
4) Remove the nuts securing the radio to the pannel.

Hope that helps, and the instructions were clear enough.

216caddypimp
02-28-05, 05:01 PM
I guess some may hate this reply, but...............................yes I went to Best Buy to have my radio installed (hey, at the time I didn't know any better, now I wised up, and have an audio spot that does all my work), but what they had to do was get an "air-saw" and cut out the radio out of my 85 Fleetwood. I think I was lucky, because the final finish looks immaculate, even with the harness, he still left part of the wood in and did a fantastic job. I hear horror stories about retailers like Best Buy, but my experience was good. Circuit City is another issue.

AElayyat
02-28-05, 10:17 PM
I guess some may hate this reply, but...............................yes I went to Best Buy to have my radio installed (hey, at the time I didn't know any better, now I wised up, and have an audio spot that does all my work), but what they had to do was get an "air-saw" and cut out the radio out of my 85 Fleetwood. I think I was lucky, because the final finish looks immaculate, even with the harness, he still left part of the wood in and did a fantastic job. I hear horror stories about retailers like Best Buy, but my experience was good. Circuit City is another issue.

I also had an aftermarket CD player (Pioneer) installed in my 85 a few years ago by Best Buy and the dude over there did a very good job. And yeah he had to bust out his "air saw" (as he called it) to cut the pannel, thats the only way to get an after market head unit in there.

Scottie in Alabama
03-02-05, 11:11 PM
I had mine done locally at a place called Jimmy's Car Stereo and luckily they knew what the hell they were doing. Didn't have to cut anything and they didn't run into any problems. Their only concern was whether or not my car had the optional amp that they would have to bypass. It didn't but I guess they've done hundreds of Caddys, there's two on every block here. Took less than 45 min, out and in.