: p094 code - where is the soleniod located?

Caddyloversincebirth
02-27-05, 07:40 PM
New here, and I've scaned through at least 1500 threads, although talked about, didn't see it mentioned where the soleniods where located exactly?

Well here's the deal. I recently changed the water pump on my 94 STS, and it test drove afterwards fine. no leaks. I put it on the highway today and she responded well as usaual. After i got off of the highway (it was raining all morning) I hit a Pothole with water in it pretty hard. everything seemed ok at that time, but when I was heading back home and went to get back on the highway, It would not let me get over 55mph...service engine light would come on and couldn't get out of second gear after that. :annoyed: if i shut the car off and start it back up, it would be fine until i get to 55mph again.

my question...is it possible that i could have knocked somthing loose when changing the water pump that was not apparent right away? or is it more likely that this occured from the jolt of the pothole full of water(or water itself getting into a connector or something.)

Any way, this is the code that i'm getting I want to find out where the sensor/soleniod is located so I can check it out. Thanks in advanced..BTW I love this site!!!

zonie77
02-27-05, 07:51 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8031&highlight=solenoids

Caddyloversincebirth
02-28-05, 04:30 PM
Thanks Zonie...I'm calling around to price the kit in my area. trying to decide if I want to tackle the job myself or let the pros handle it. doesn't seem hard, but have never cracked open an electronic controlled tranny before. so i'm kinda leary. most people seem kinda confident in doing it. so i'll see if i can find some step by steps with photos...thanks again,:2thumbs:

Dennisk
02-28-05, 06:26 PM
Yea...my 95 concours deville is at the dealership right now for that fix, going to cost around $650, due to a hectic schedule I have to pay the price rather then do it myself.:(

Caddyloversincebirth
02-28-05, 07:01 PM
:confused: Man, I priced the job at Cottman Transmission (national Chain)..and parts labor and all was $237.95...

Caddyloversincebirth
03-02-05, 06:16 PM
well the bad news is Cottman's is only open while Im at work...8-5 m-f... so I guess I'll just do this myself...gonna get the kit friday and do it over the weekend...

i have another question though... is it the only code I'm getting is the p094..is it possible for the input speed sensor to cause the same symptoms as the solenoids???if so what would be a go what of troubleshooting to tell the diffrence?

also does anyone have an exploded view of this tranny that shows all parts and location?

if anyone can answer any of these ?'s I would be greatful... Thanks

Caddyloversincebirth
03-03-05, 10:28 PM
:yup: alright, I couldn't wait until friday... situation started getting worst... and I found a window of oportunity today so i went ahead with the DIY...

Went to the Dealer and got the kit for $64, and the gasket and Filter kit for $40. (i got it because i was not sure if I I had to replace it or not so better safe than sorry)..car sat up all night so the tranny was nice and cool. took of the pan.(those who say this is messy don't now the half of it:eek: . draind the fluid and removed the valve body. I would remove the little section shaped like Florida first to keep from bending the metal gasket between the valve body. I loosened the bolts on the large section of the VB with it supported, disconnected the connectors. BTW...be very caful with these connectors. At least with mine being 11 years old...the clasps on the connectors were very brittle. Then removed the internal drain plug (thanks Bbob) and let it drain.

Then it was time for the VB break down...it was pretty easy to identify where the check balls went...used a little grease to hold them in place went i was putting it back together. pulled the pins on the solenoids and replaced them. along with the filter... clamped it down with the new bracket and bolt... put it all back together. torqued it all down. installed it back in the Tranny. Oh, Yeah... turned out the gasket on my pan was not reuseable so good thing I went ahead and got it. ( if not I would have just taken it back for a refund) put the pan back on and filled it up with My fiingers crossed.
I took it out on the road a minute ago and she moving like her old self again. :burn:
Oh Yeah, I took pictures of the hole thing. I remeber one thread where some one was going to do that and forgot the camrea or somthing.. i used my phone and now I'm trying to figure out how to load them on here.:confused:

If some one can help me with that I Am more that happy to share the info... This site has saved me a lot of down time and money...PLZ let me know if there is a way to put the pics on here.....:coolgleam

Thanks Again
KC

Caddyloversincebirth
03-03-05, 11:46 PM
Thanks. Zonie...I got it done... just got through road testing...and it runs like a charm...I was trying to figure out how to post the pics I took while I was working on it...is there a special what you have to do them?.

Caddyloversincebirth
03-04-05, 12:03 AM
here are the pics

zonie77
03-04-05, 12:49 AM
Congratulations! I'm glad you got it done.

Thanks for posting the pics.

M&N
03-04-05, 10:50 AM
That's got to feel good. Congratulations on the job...you most certainly have my respect. I will attempt most work but have never had the confidence to do a trans. Seeing your success and maybe with the help and advise from this site and if I ever need to I might try it myself.

Caddyloversincebirth
03-07-05, 05:20 PM
Thanks, Believe me... i contemplated on the idea for several days before i got up the courage to do it...Actually... it was more out of the "need to" that the desire too...lol...But once i go in there it was no turning back so i just took my time and took deep breaths...over all, it really wasn't as hard as i expected it to be...I'm sure it would have been easier if i had a shop bay or something, but laying on a creeper w/ car on jackstands...was probably what made it the toughest...but I don't think i will be rebuilding any trannys in the near future though...Hopefully... this will be the extent of My journey in to the drivetrain for a long while...Thanks Again.