: Exhaust Question

SolidGoldCaddy
02-27-05, 05:57 PM
will the 94-96 impala ss exhaust kit from flowmaster work on a 94-96 fleetwood? someone tried telling me the lac's frame is longer so the kit wouldnt work....but i dont know.

DanTheMan
02-27-05, 09:17 PM
I just put on a jegs 2.5" catback system on my car about three weeks ago. (Choose jegs because the it was mandrel bent, 2.5", 18 gauge, and about 200$ cheaper then anything else I could find) The catback part was pretty easy but the header's that I bought as well took a solid day's work. I'll post some pictures here in a day or two when I have some free time and it's sunny out. Basically the only problem I had was that the Impala is a few inches shorter so I had to go to the local surplus store and pick up two 2.5" id/od pipes and make up the difference. Other then that it was almost a direct bolt in. I wish I'd have known that before I purchased the system though because I'd have used the extra ~5 inches to put in an H pipe. I'll order one here soon from a parts store or through it onto the next mail order. All in all though the catback part of the exhuast system was really easy and required nothing more then a few common sized wrenches. Every time I start it up it's music to my ears:violin:

HotRodSaint
02-27-05, 09:30 PM
I wish I'd have known that before I purchased the system though because I'd have used the extra ~5 inches to put in an H pipe.

I have a Dynomax system with an X pipe.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/289000-289999/289674_71_full.jpg
More Pic's Here. (http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotrodsaint)

scurling
02-27-05, 10:52 PM
Some day.....

N0DIH
02-28-05, 02:01 AM
I have a Dynomax system with an X pipe.

Ok, where is the sound file? We MUST hear how good it sounds... Stereo recording if at all possible....

Tom

DanTheMan
02-28-05, 08:40 AM
I'll get it to you by the end of the week.:thumbsup: This forum site does allow for wav./mp3 files doesn't it?

DanTheMan
02-28-05, 08:47 AM
I currently have jegs turbo mufflers on my car but I also have a set of flowmaster 40 and a set of dynomax ss sitting around my garage which I'll switch out here next weekend and get you the sound file for.

FASSTWOOD
03-01-05, 10:41 PM
Dan what headers did you use?

Here is a sound file of mine... I used afterburner headers and flowmasters. I also deleted the cats and installed an H-pipe...

Flowmaster sound clip (http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/179863/fullsize/Eddie%20Exhaust.wmv)

DanTheMan
03-01-05, 11:16 PM
The first picture shows the extentions that I had to add. Some day soon, maybe spring break or this summer that'll become an H-pipe. The other picture are of my headers. They are Hooker supercomp (emissions legal of course). P/N 2063. They are 1 3/4" primaries and 2.5" collector (I saw some sources in searching that said 3 inch collector. Unless all the tape measures I own are equally wrong, it is 2.5) Equal length or course.

As for power I didn't notice a thing when it came to daily driving. :annoyed: It was nice though because it really showed in higher rpm's. It also made the 4l60E shift at much nicer points when I wanted the power. None of that "if only it'd downshift like I want it to" feeling. It really made the engine feel like it wanted to rev up to higher power and there was definatly noticable power when I pushed it. The exhaust note is pretty nice. Deep but not too deep. It isn't that loud either, even without the resonators. Quiet enough to never draw attention.

FASSTWOOD
03-01-05, 11:28 PM
Good job Dan! ENJOY IT !!!