: Head Unit Quit Working

Smackdaddy66
07-16-13, 02:17 AM
I have a 2004 Deville DTS, recently, I have the in-dash, DVD, NAV system, I pulled up to my shop for work, shut the car off. The stereo worked fine. After eight hours of work, came out, started the car, nothing, no power, no screen, has not come on since. Checked the "Audio" fuse, not blown. I have a set of sub woofers in the back with an external amp, but its wired through the back sub, with an inline output rca adaptor. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues like this. If someone has some "Troubleshooting" advice. I don't even know where to start. The only other thing I've noticed different, is the rear sensor used to beep, or make an alert when going in reverse, and of course when you approach something, and it doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. Not thinking that should have anything to do with it. If the head unit turns out to be bad, any advice on where I might possibly purchase a new, or used one.

rodnok01
07-16-13, 07:33 AM
I'd start by checking all the fuses, the audio fuse may be fine however something else turning it on may have popped a fuse. Easiest & cheapest thing to check.

Smackdaddy66
08-06-13, 12:33 AM
Ok, haven't had much time to check on things, however, pulled codes, newest one is AMP U1000, have done some reading where they say possibility of a bad battery, another talking about "resetting" factory amp, but not HOW to do that. Yet another referring to goofy things mine does, signifying a possible larger electrical issue, like gas gauge jumping all over the place, especially when empty. They talked about checking grounds, but not where too. Anyone with advice?

N*Caddy
08-12-13, 12:41 AM
There is no such thing as resetting the amp.
Your HU does not have data, as simple as this. Check the wiring to the HU, it needs to communicate with the DIM to run.