: Rant: I hate hit and runs drivers

benzo
02-27-05, 12:39 PM
A couple days ago I had my CTS parked in a parking lot parked far away with no cars surrounding me. I went into a store for 10 minutes came out and my right side of my front bumper was pushed in, cracked, and had black paint on it. (btw my CTS is dwp) I was so upset. There is no point in filing it with my insurance because my deductible is $500 and I don't want my rates to go up. I will post pics later.

KadKat
02-27-05, 02:57 PM
I'll express my ignorance and ask what dwp might be.

It sounds like you have a comprehensive claim. Not knowing what State you are from or how your insurance laws may work, typically Comp Claims are not handled the same as if you were driving and in an accident. The deductible should be about half of what you initially stated.

You can not be assessed at fault and your rates should not be affected either.

This should be similar to having a tire blow out and doing some body damage to the quarter panels. They won't replace the tires, but the panels and associated drum/brakes would be if they were damaged too.

You've got the insurance, use it or learn more about what you are paying for.

I feel your pain.

Rolex
02-27-05, 08:00 PM
DWP...diamond white paint??? :hmm: Anyway, that really sucks!

Caddy01DTS
02-27-05, 08:05 PM
Yeah, that does suck. Some people...

D148L0
02-27-05, 08:18 PM
Bummer.

Adumb
02-27-05, 08:25 PM
go find the black car with your paint on it and rip shit up, :want:

benzo
02-27-05, 11:32 PM
lol... im just going to put the money out of my own pocket, i hate dealing with claim agents... it sucks to be me...

kmhebert
02-28-05, 12:13 AM
Well, that totally sucks. I have had bad dreams where someone does a hit and run on me, and I wake up furious. If it happens it real life, I will be at least twice as furious. Sorry that had to happen dude.

TeagueJT81
02-28-05, 09:51 AM
I'm really sorry that happened to you, man. Those CTS's are pretty cars. Someone did that to my father's DeVille a little more than a year ago while it was parked at a gas pump, and insurance didn't raise our rates when we reported it to them. Police weren't helpful, insurance was, so I'd advise you at least ask "hypothetically", and if it's a good carrier, they may help you out without punishing you for it too much.

- Joe

Adumb
02-28-05, 10:37 AM
Well, that totally sucks. I have had bad dreams where someone does a hit and run on me, and I wake up furious. If it happens it real life, I will be at least twice as furious. Sorry that had to happen dude.

yeah, ive had plenty of dreams where some one has hit my car. it sucks cuz you wake up pissed off.

RobertCTS
02-28-05, 12:19 PM
A couple days ago I had my CTS parked in a parking lot parked far away with no cars surrounding me. I went into a store for 10 minutes came out and my right side of my front bumper was pushed in, cracked, and had black paint on it. (btw my CTS is dwp) I was so upset. There is no point in filing it with my insurance because my deductible is $500 and I don't want my rates to go up. I will post pics later.

Benzo
Depends on your insurance company. State Farm didn't increase mine. True you will have to come up with the first $500 but the cost of repairs today are sure to be more than that. Talk to your agent. Don't assume anything,
Beside driving around in a wrecked CTS really sucks!!

blingblingcv
03-01-05, 11:23 PM
I worry all the time that someone is going to door ding me or hit me. Not too long ago a truck nailed my Girl Friends BMW and just kept going.