: Dbags of Walmart

Faith76
07-15-13, 04:15 PM
Somebody hit my car in Walmart Parking lot on Saturday and took off. Of course because I parked very carefully far away it wasn't caught on camera. The cop was even pissed. "Jesus miss, you even keep curb feelers on this thing and some jerk does this!" My Boyfriend buffed off most of the black paint that was left by the offender, but I do need a little bit of spot paint.

Submariner409
07-15-13, 04:22 PM
Probably done on purpose - just like the worthless scum that would key a paint job.

www.paintscratch.com

Your paint code is on the RPO sticker ??? under the spare tire cover ???

orconn
07-15-13, 04:38 PM
I have had my cars "keyed" twice. The first time was my Audi 5000S which was keyed at football game at my son's high school. The second was with my Alfa Romeo 164S which had just under gone a $3600. repaint job and was really looking great (it was eight years old and the early nineties clear coat had not stood up well). That Alfa was keyed from front to back down the whole side of the car. This was done in a parking lot in the very affluent northern Virginia town of Great Falls. No one ever said that a high level of education (Fairfax County has among the very highest level education and income in the U.S.) and income had anything to do with a better class of people. (the most "nouveaux riche," self centered, rude area I have ever lived in was the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.)

Submariner409
07-15-13, 04:48 PM
You should be glad that you didn't spend much time in MD - specifically Montgomery County. ................ You're in genteel heaven now.

............... and Karen and I are itching to completely leave this lousy state.

Faith76
07-15-13, 04:55 PM
Probably done on purpose - just like the worthless scum that would key a paint job.

www.paintscratch.com

Your paint code is on the RPO sticker ??? under the spare tire cover ???

My boyfriend is just going to get the paint from work. He might be behind a desk now, but he is still a good mix monkey!

----------

I have had my cars "keyed" twice. The first time was my Audi 5000S which was keyed at football game at my son's high school. The second was with my Alfa Romeo 164S which had just under gone a $3600. repaint job and was really looking great (it was eight years old and the early nineties clear coat had not stood up well). That Alfa was keyed from front to back down the whole side of the car. This was done in a parking lot in the very affluent northern Virginia town of Great Falls. No one ever said that a high level of education (Fairfax County has among the very highest level education and income in the U.S.) and income had anything to do with a better class of people. (the most "nouveaux riche," self centered, rude area I have ever lived in was the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.)

I lived in DC, Fairfax, Manassas, Woodbridge, Quantico, I even lived in NE DC and it never happened to me, but I did see plenty of it. You are right about the rudeness of those people too.

vincentm
07-15-13, 05:40 PM
You should be glad that you didn't spend much time in MD - specifically Montgomery County. ................ You're in genteel heaven now.

............... and Karen and I are itching to completely leave this lousy state.

Come on over to WA

Hoosier Daddy
07-15-13, 07:19 PM
Somebody hit my car in Walmart Parking lot on Saturday and took off. Of course because I parked very carefully far away it wasn't caught on camera. The cop was even pissed. "Jesus miss, you even keep curb feelers on this thing and some jerk does this!" My Boyfriend buffed off most of the black paint that was left by the offender, but I do need a little bit of spot paint.
I hate to read stuff like this. I hope they get caught next time, 'cause its probably not their first and only time.

orconn
07-15-13, 07:28 PM

^^^ If you are referring to me and my residence in The Richmond, VA suburbs I couldn't agree more. I noticed it immediately after moving down here from NOVA. The civility of the people here is so pleasant to be around, ..... it makes up for the lousy restaurant food!

I wouldn't have wanted to spend my "career" years here; just to parochial for my tastes. But when it comes pleasant daily life I haven't experienced any place as nice. Contrary to many people's opinion California is in, general, a civil place to live. As a native Californian who grew up in Pasadena, I have always found most Californians to be polite and easy to get along with. But I have to admit that starting in the late seventies and becoming ever more evident in the eighties, Los Angeles has become progressively less civil and what I have come to believe is "mid Atlantic" self centered rudeness began to be more of the norm than the exception. Some blamed on BMW air conditioning (my son for instance), but the truth was that it was more the result of the proliferation of young folks who apparently were neither raised with respect for others, or were such ego centric idiots that they truly believed their misguided superiority and privilege. Most of them involved in the so called "Industry."

vincentm
07-15-13, 07:44 PM

MoistCabbage
07-15-13, 07:54 PM
............... and Karen and I are itching to completely leave this lousy state.Going to go bunk up with TP in FL.?

:sneaky:

Kad4Life
07-15-13, 08:26 PM
Retitle thread :
What Did Someone Else Do To Your Car Today

Ranger
07-15-13, 08:47 PM
Sorry to hear this, but the good news is if your BF is at all handy with a rattle can, black is the easiest color to touch up.

MoistCabbage
07-15-13, 08:49 PM
Her Deville is beige/gold. The car that hit her was black. Unless it was the Lincoln that got hit?

Ranger
07-15-13, 09:28 PM
Oops! :hide: Well I guess the dirtbag will have an easy touch up.

The-Dullahan
07-15-13, 10:22 PM
I park at the front of the parking lot at Walmart in the Handicapped zone (which is interestingly not divided into parking "spots" but just one big, blue area...WTF...) Where I am safely on eight different cameras (plus my dashcamera)

The reason for this is because while I do not fear random harassment or vandalism (though that is a GIVEN in the Hearse-Owner community. Most of us have had at least $500 or so caused in intentional damages at complete random, at least once) but because it is an old habit I devised for that area.

My car has been intentionally vandalized, assaulted, damaged and everything else you can imagine...by the same exact group of people, under command of one particular individual. To this day, there are two missing trim pieces I have been unable to replace. But, this group has had far worse things happen to them over the last five years.

To quote a Zombie Film (The only kind worth quoting)

"Do what you want with a man, but DO NOT F**K with his Cadillac."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeaqEvCeOOY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUUgJE1BckKJ1uowDMAnfB-Q

Faith76
07-15-13, 10:34 PM
I love every part of what you just said

^^^ If you are referring to me and my residence in The Richmond, VA suburbs I couldn't agree more. I noticed it immediately after moving down here from NOVA. The civility of the people here is so pleasant to be around, ..... it makes up for the lousy restaurant food!

I wouldn't have wanted to spend my "career" years here; just to parochial for my tastes. But when it comes pleasant daily life I haven't experienced any place as nice. Contrary to many people's opinion California is in, general, a civil place to live. As a native Californian who grew up in Pasadena, I have always found most Californians to be polite and easy to get along with. But I have to admit that starting in the late seventies and becoming ever more evident in the eighties, Los Angeles has become progressively less civil and what I have come to believe is "mid Atlantic" self centered rudeness began to be more of the norm than the exception. Some blamed on BMW air conditioning (my son for instance), but the truth was that it was more the result of the proliferation of young folks who apparently were neither raised with respect for others, or were such ego centric idiots that they truly believed their misguided superiority and privilege. Most of them involved in the so called "Industry."

----------

Her Deville is beige/gold. The car that hit her was black. Unless it was the Lincoln that got hit?

My car is Antelope or Light Champagne depending on who you ask. (a whole other story) The car that hit me was black.

77CDV
07-15-13, 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear of this, Faith. Hope everything is good as new in short order.

CadillacLuke24
07-16-13, 12:45 AM
Good luck getting it touched up.

I park WAY away from everybody else, because when I have trusted the general public with my girl, I pay (door dings, one down to the metal). I worry about parking at home, that's where I got my tires slashed. My feelings would not be hurt if that guy got tboned by a Kenworth at 65.

lacville78
07-16-13, 01:36 AM
The last time I went to Wal-Mart, I would up hitting some crackhead in the nose. He was attempting to get a ride in my Cadillac, and wouldn't take no for an answer. From then on, I've done all my shopping at Kroger.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-16-13, 06:48 AM
I don't think I've been to a Walmart in over a year. I use Target.

CTSCHICK
07-16-13, 07:09 AM

+1
Walmart seems to be the bug light in the night that attracts more of the $hitbags that tend to increase your odds of bad stuff happening.

AElayyat
07-16-13, 07:34 AM

Yup! Same here.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-16-13, 09:40 AM
When I was in middle school, I went to the local Walmart once (my family would rather have driven 15 minutes across town to Target than 5 to Walmart) to get something. I walked down the aisle where they kept the boy's toys & video games and there was a giant urine puddle in the middle of it. That image never left my mind and will always be associated with Walmart.

Faith76
07-16-13, 11:19 AM
I wish I had a choice. We have a crappy local store which was actually in the top ten consumer reports worst grocery chains, and Walmart. The closest Wegmans or Target is over half an hour away. I did park far away. The police officer told me next time to park close to the entrance instead of far away because eventually you will get hit anyway, so it might as well be within camera reach.

cadillac kevin
07-16-13, 11:22 AM
I wish I had a choice. We have a crappy local store which was actually in the top ten consumer reports worst grocery chains, and Walmart. The closest Wegmans or Target is over half an hour away. I did park far away. The police officer told me next time to park close to the entrance instead of far away because eventually you will get hit anyway, so it might as well be within camera reach.

Get a hanidcapped sticker and park in the handicapped spot.

Faith76
07-16-13, 11:38 AM
Get a hanidcapped sticker and park in the handicapped spot.

Then I would get keyed. There are so many old people around here fighting for those spots that it's almost like a war.

cadillac kevin
07-16-13, 01:16 PM
Then I would get keyed. There are so many old people around here fighting for those spots that it's almost like a war.

Wow....remind me not to move to that area.
I often park in handicapped spots, but I'm legally blind (have no vision in my left eye). Oddly enough, even though I can only see in 2.5D, I am usually one of the best parked cars on the lot.

talismandave
07-16-13, 10:13 PM
...it seems to me you might have a problem getting a handicap tag because the driver is blind?:hmm:

BigCadMan_1
07-16-13, 10:40 PM
Wow....remind me not to move to that area.
I often park in handicapped spots, but I'm legally blind (have no vision in my left eye). Oddly enough, even though I can only see in 2.5D, I am usually one of the best parked cars on the lot.

This is the strangest thing I've ever seen posted.

Hoosier Daddy
07-16-13, 11:12 PM
I often park in handicapped spots, but I'm legally blind (have no vision in my left eye).
I'm trying to understand the need for handicapped parking for seeing impaired. Is it because they are more likely to step in front of a moving car if you had to walk farther?

BTW, for disclosure I have nothing but some peripheral vision in my left eye. Nothing wrong with the eye per se, but my brain completely ignores the image from my left eye where it overlaps with the image from my right eye, so I only see with my left eye what my right eye can't see, basically the left periphery. If I close my right eye, I see the rest of the left eye image but blended with the black right eyelid, almost like a moving patchwork. Its hard to explain. But I can see small details if I physically move the left eyeball with the right eye closed but since the eye is moving and I see different details at different times I don't know their orientation to each other. It sometimes freaks them out in eye tests because I can tell them all the letters in a line with my left eye only BUT have no idea what order they are in. LoL

That is not considered a handicap here and really isn't one in that I still see everything anyone sees but without the benefit of distance perception if nothing is moving in relation to me. If something is moving, the brain judges distances based on changes in angular size over time rather than triangulating with points in space.

orconn
07-16-13, 11:38 PM
OK, if you say so! Just another reason to avoid Phoenix in the future. Not much fun anymore now that Barry's gone and my aunt and Erma have gone to the big publishing house in the sky.

Hoosier Daddy
07-17-13, 12:36 AM
OK, if you say so! Just another reason to avoid Phoenix in the future.
It's not that unsafe. Basically I'm like a T-Rex in that I won't notice you if you aren't moving.

The-Dullahan
07-17-13, 12:43 AM

I live in Central Florida. I may as well be the only resident of my city who is under the age of 60.

I've never had that happen. Have had a few instances where people felt the need to challenge my parking position. Only one of them was elderly. The rest were just general douchebags. I have respect for the elderly...but as for the latter group, I am not one to appreciate people of that sort (Though this forum tells me that by owning a Pontiac, I am in fact, a Douchebag). Thusly, they are ill-advised to challenge me.

----------

It's not that unsafe. Basically I'm like a T-Rex in that I won't notice you if you aren't moving.

Actually, that's frogs. In fact, IIRC, the book (Jurassic Park) mentions using frog DNA to clone the dinosaurs, thereby implying that that is why they (the dinosaurs) cannot see items that are stationary.

I thought being "like a T-Rex" meant you have a big mouth and no biceps.

orconn
07-17-13, 12:50 AM

The last time I was in Phoenix I was driving an Audi .... I guess I would have been pretty safe then!

Aron9000
07-17-13, 04:08 AM
Stuff like this is why I don't shop at Wal-Mart.

rodnok01
07-17-13, 09:38 AM
It ain't a walmart problem...it's a people problem. Lack of respect for other people property & lack of pride in keeping something nice. We have a word for them but cannogt post here but starts with an "A".
I seldom if ever go to store at night, never Fri/Sat night.
I had to get baseball bat out to get rat b$%#@ away from some lady in parking lot few months ago... gimme a dollar b&^%$ coming out of his mouth. BTW not a walmart and middle of the day.

CTSCHICK
07-17-13, 09:53 AM
Walmart is a Magnet that seems to attract those type of people more so than other places.
Then again the Snoby bitches that shop at Macys pulling countless items off of racks dropping them on the floor and not picking them up are no better either

Ranger
07-17-13, 11:38 AM
...it seems to me you might have a problem getting a handicap tag because the driver is blind?:hmm:
I would think you'd have a bigger problem getting a drivers license. :hmm:

Hoosier Daddy
07-17-13, 12:39 PM
I would think you'd have a bigger problem getting a drivers license. :hmm:
I understand if a pedestrian dents a blind driver's bumper they can be charged with ADA violations.

cadillac kevin
07-17-13, 01:12 PM
I understand if a pedestrian dents a blind driver's bumper they can be charged with ADA violations.

LOL!
Back in the 80s, one of my dads friends (who was in his 50s back then) was legally blind in both eyes. He had a specially made windshield in his car that was like a super magnifying glass that made it so he could see well enough (in addition to his coke bottle glasses) to poke on down the street in his giant land yacht.

Btw, I oddly enough had no problems (other than the signs in the viewmaster thingy) getting my license. My vision in my good eye isn't great, but it's good enough that I can see where I'm going.

ben.gators
07-17-13, 10:00 PM
It seems that laws for blind drivers varies state by state. My friend's father is blind from one eye. In his home state, he can get a driver license. BUT if he has an accident with someone and the person dies, that will be considered manslaughter!

Faith76
07-17-13, 10:42 PM
Today I was merely driving PAST Walmart and some teenage moron in a 4 cylinder mustang (lower case intentional) almost side swiped me changing lanes illegally. You cannot tell me she didn't SEE me. I need to move.

orconn
07-17-13, 10:53 PM
I am not qualified to give personal opinions on Walmart. I have only been in one three times in my life, and all three times were well over ten years ago. However, I do know where there is a Walmart in Midlothian and seem to avoid it very well. Since everyone seems to be having problems with Walmart's parking facilities I would suggest doing whatever it takes to avoid the mayhem and destruction to personal property that proximity to Walmart seems to bring!

Cadillac Kid03
07-17-13, 11:00 PM
I'v worked for the Company and can tell you there is strange people who shop there and work there! There's a guy in my local one and he wears girls capri pants LOL....

orconn
07-17-13, 11:01 PM
Does he work there? Or is he just trying them on?

Faith76
07-17-13, 11:02 PM
Probably drives a 4 cylinder mustang too

I'v worked for the Company and can tell you there is strange people who shop there and work there! There's a guy in my local one and he wears girls capri pants LOL....

Cadillac Kid03
07-17-13, 11:04 PM
Does he work there? Or is he just trying them on?Works there and wears them just about everyday in the summer. He also talks to himself and kind of starts fights with himself? I don't know its odd. There are like 10 people that work there that i can talk about.

Ranger
07-18-13, 10:39 AM
I have never had a problem at my local WM, parking or otherwise, but I have seen the "People of Walmart" emails that go around. Dems som straaange peepls.

Hoosier Daddy
07-18-13, 10:55 AM
That's just the times. I have a relative who works for an airline who says the CEO sometimes flies commercial and he does so in drag, ..........flaming drag.

But yeah, Walmart has some strange employees. Walmart was the 1st store that carried a phone I wanted and the guy who helped me could not have bathed in weeks and obviously had a 2nd job as a sauna life guard.

orconn
07-18-13, 01:22 PM
No wonder those that can afford the membership are flocking to Costco. I know that there is a "Sam's Club" but corporate culture is corporate culture!

CadillacLuke24
07-18-13, 11:31 PM
I never had major issues with people at Walmart, but common sense dictates to give anyone and everyone there their space.

ben.gators
07-18-13, 11:41 PM
It might surprise you, but you can see brand new E series and S series MBs, 3-series and 5-series BMWs, and Cadillacs at my local WM! Actually the only ATS that I have seen on the island was parked on Sams club's parking lot! It was a 2.0L T premium!

The other stores are so outrageously expensive that even rich people prefer to shop from Walmart! Walmart, Sam's club, and costco are very few stores that the prices are comparable to the prices in the mainland.

orconn
07-18-13, 11:55 PM
It has always gagged me that the people of Hawaii buy that bull sh.t that the reason everything is so expensive is because it has to be shipped from the mainland in ocean going vessels.

They've never seem to figure out that the mainland's goods are shipped by ocean going vessels to the Mainland U.S and a lot of stuff is flown in from Europe and South America and is considerably less expensive than the outrageous prices that are charged in Hawaii. The myths of the "Big Five" live on when they no longer make sense .... except to those who profiteering from them!

ben.gators
07-19-13, 12:05 AM
It has always gagged me that the people of Hawaii buy that bull sh.t that the reason everything is so expensive is because it has to be shipped from the mainland in ocean going vessels.

They've never seem to figure out that the mainland's goods are shipped by ocean going vessels to the Mainland U.S and a lot of stuff is flown in from Europe and South America and is considerably less expensive than the outrageous prices that are charged in Hawaii. The myths of the "Big Five" live on when they no longer make sense .... except to those who profiteering from them!

Exactly! I am not willing to pay even one cent extra for BS like "we are living on an island", or "everything needs to be shipped", blah blah blah....
As for cars, some dealerships have something called market value adjustment, and they try to sell cars for more than MSRP! This is very common among the brands that have just one dealership on the entire island! And the sad point is some actually fall for it and pay the asked "MSRP+market value adjustment"!

Hoosier Daddy
07-19-13, 12:26 AM
If you believe that almost everything Americans buy comes from China, shouldn't most things be a lot cheaper in Hawaii since it's a shorter boat trip?

Faith76
07-19-13, 01:01 AM
I got the paint to fix the offensive mark today. Thus, ending the battle between the BF and I about the color name. He said "Antelope" I said "Light Champagne". Glad to know I know my car better than the paint guy! Champagne wins!

Hoosier Daddy
07-19-13, 01:34 AM
I got the paint to fix the offensive mark today. Thus, ending the battle between the BF and I about the color name. He said "Antelope" I said "Light Champagne". Glad to know I know my car better than the paint guy! Champagne wins!
I'm curious, was Antelope even a metallic paint (if it was a real color)?

Faith76
07-19-13, 11:53 AM
Antelope is real, but not as metallic as champagne. At the show on Sunday, a 1990 was parked next to me, nearly the same color, but not as sparkly. The owner told me her car was antelope too. My BF insisted it was the same color, just mine had lived inside its' whole life so it was shinier. He wrong!

dkozloski
07-19-13, 12:20 PM
I would think you'd have a bigger problem getting a drivers license. :hmm:Being blind in one eye is not an absolute disqualifying factor for a pilot's certificate. The FAA falls back on demonstrated ability on that one like they do with many disabilities. If you can pass the check ride you are good to go.

cadillac kevin
07-19-13, 12:56 PM
Antelope is real, but not as metallic as champagne. At the show on Sunday, a 1990 was parked next to me, nearly the same color, but not as sparkly. The owner told me her car was antelope too. My BF insisted it was the same color, just mine had lived inside its' whole life so it was shinier. He wrong!

Interestingly enough, cadillac had 3 shades of gloss tan in the mid 80s. Mine is a yellowish tan, but there is also a silvery tan and a basic tan (like mine but not as yellow). Then there was that metallic silvery tan (antelope?).

Hoosier Daddy
07-19-13, 01:05 PM
Interestingly enough, cadillac had 3 shades of gloss tan in the mid 80s. Mine is a yellowish tan, but there is also a silvery tan and a basic tan (like mine but not as yellow). Then there was that metallic silvery tan (antelope?).
I love tan and champagne cars. For the color itself but also because our local dirt is close to that which cuts down on car washes. If I ever have a car custom painted, I'll bring them a handful of dirt from where I live and tell them to match it.

orconn
07-19-13, 01:22 PM
^^^ The best and the worst thing (well not really) about my Audi 5000S Avant was that it was painted "Gobi Tan" (very appropriately named if you have ever seen the Gobi Desert). The car never looked dirty, but conversely the car never really looked clean either. This car spent a good part of its' life hauling Boy Scouts on camping trips and sitting in dirt parking lots at horse facilities. Come to think of it the Audi's best feature was its' color!

Hoosier Daddy
07-19-13, 01:26 PM
The best and the worst thing (well not really) about my Audi 5000S Avant was that it was painted "Gobi Tan"
I thought the worst thing about Audi 5000s was having to constantly replace the back wall of the garage.

orconn
07-19-13, 01:41 PM
I thought the worst thing about Audi 5000s was having to constantly replace the back wall of the garage.

That was only a small bother compared to having to drive all those Lincoln Towncars while the Audi was in the shop!

cadillac kevin
07-19-13, 01:50 PM
I love tan and champagne cars. For the color itself but also because our local dirt is close to that which cuts down on car washes. If I ever have a car custom painted, I'll bring them a handful of dirt from where I live and tell them to match it.

Theres a gravel lot behind my backyard, so I am glad that my car is the color it is. The only way to tell it's dirty is when the paint loses its' sheen. Dull car= time for a car wash (when I get around to it). OTOH, my lesabre is metallic burgundy, which looks stunning when clean, but is always dirty looking thanks to the dust rolling off the gravel lot. If I am taking the lesabre somewhere, I wash it that day, because the next day it will look like it has sat for months again.

Ranger
07-19-13, 02:37 PM
Being blind in one eye is not an absolute disqualifying factor for a pilot's certificate. The FAA falls back on demonstrated ability on that one like they do with many disabilities. If you can pass the check ride you are good to go.
Pilots license? Who said anything about a pilots license? :hmm:

Originally Posted by Ranger
I would think you'd have a bigger problem getting a drivers license.

Hoosier Daddy
07-19-13, 02:44 PM
Being blind in one eye is not an absolute disqualifying factor for a pilot's certificate.
That's just because of sizable campaign contributions by the CPA (Cyclops Pilots Association).

orconn
07-19-13, 03:41 PM
^^^ If you lived around the Los Angeles Basin you would be very familiar with the Cyclops Pilots Assoc.. They are the guys that are continually thinking that they can fly through the San Gabriel mountains and end up as new geographical features! They also are known to occasionally try and merge with traffic on the 605 freeway.

I didn't know that the CPA had gone international and commercial but recent events in San Francisco would indicate they have some new members from Korea.

Bewbzout
07-19-13, 11:29 PM
Well you were at Walmart but regardless of that people nowadays are just plain stupid and inconsiderate.

orconn
07-19-13, 11:46 PM
^^^ I've got news for you, Bewbzout, people have always been stupid and inconsiderate .... it's just that they don't bother to get dressed to go out shopping and they can't park their cars straight anymore!

CadillacLuke24
07-20-13, 01:08 AM

I nominate YOU to name the next round of Cadillac colors. I can imagine it now. First there's metallic silvery tan, then there's metallic brownish gold, then there's red red, then there's maroon red, then there's orange red..... :rolleyes:

orconn
07-20-13, 01:19 AM
What about "Slippery Silver Sparkle," "No Wash Umber Metallic," "Vaguely Pearly White Extra," "Not Just Black!," "Blue Screw You Metallic," "Envy Green Metallic," "It looks good in the Showroom Beige Gazelle."

MoistCabbage
07-20-13, 01:21 AM
Dark black?

Ranger
07-20-13, 09:27 AM
As opposed to light black? :)

Submariner409
07-20-13, 09:36 AM
1957 Ditzler Candy Apple Red transparent over gold metalflake + 3 coats of hand-rubbed clear lacquer.

This is NOT my car, but it's so damn close to one that Gordon Tatum and I built in 1955-6 that it puts a big lump in my throat. Classic Candy Apple. Completely tricked out B-Block and a Zephyr 4-speed. (I start snooping for stuff like this and the Force is still strong ............. )........... all those hood louvers are hand punched and formed.

Now you know why I went for a Crimson Pearl STS .............

Submariner409
07-20-13, 01:37 PM
How did (good) cars wind up in a dump like WallyWorld ? (never mind - just read the first 4 posts again ............_

and the blind driver thing - Have you ever wondered why the ATM drive-through at the local bank has Braille buttons ???

orconn
07-20-13, 02:36 PM
Interesting observation, Sub. I don't use the ATM so I haven't noticed the Braille buttons. Now that you mentioned it, how do blind people use "touch screens?" With the proliferation of touch screens for imputing commands to devices I am amazed that there hasn't been an outcry from the blind community.

Hoosier Daddy
07-20-13, 03:38 PM
I am amazed that there hasn't been an outcry from the blind community.
Maybe their spokeperson is a mute.

The blind are real big on hiring the handicapped.

orconn
07-20-13, 03:58 PM
I am all for the hiring of those with disabilities, the benefits to ourselves and those with disabilities are profound. As long as an individual's physical problem is not a danger to himself or to others I am all for including them in the work force.

Our local Kroger market employees individuals who are well below average in mental capabilities to serve in certain capacities in the store. They derive satisfaction from having a paying job and we the customers benefit from the help they provide in handling our purchases (do most markets now provide assistance for customers to take their purchases to their car and loading the goods in the trunk?).

During the Summer between my freshman and sophomore year in college I spent the Summer working for the Lighthouse for the Blind in Chicago. My girlfriend and I helped blind students prepare to enter college the Fall. I learned a lot about the problems of the blind, but also about the abilities they had developed to cope with the lack of sight. While the blind may not be able to perform many functions easily done by sighted people, they also have developed abilities that make them better at certain jobs than sighted people. We have come a long way in developing equipment and techniques to allow the blind to accomplish many tasks since I was involved at the Lighthouse. Today the blind are able to many more contributions safely and productively than they were back then.

Faith76
07-20-13, 05:59 PM
I just had to wipe drool off my keyboard.

1957 Ditzler Candy Apple Red transparent over gold metalflake + 3 coats of hand-rubbed clear lacquer.

This is NOT my car, but it's so damn close to one that Gordon Tatum and I built in 1955-6 that it puts a big lump in my throat. Classic Candy Apple. Completely tricked out B-Block and a Zephyr 4-speed. (I start snooping for stuff like this and the Force is still strong ............. )........... all those hood louvers are hand punched and formed.

Now you know why I went for a Crimson Pearl STS .............

Ranger
07-20-13, 09:29 PM
I don't use ATM's either, but that is hilarious.