: Picking up a '04 SRX

Mischief
07-15-13, 04:38 PM
Done with my 20 year old truck and '04 SRX with 125k miles got offered to me for $5500 (trade in value my brother got) which is doable for me right now.
Im a big fan of forums (mainly through my motorcycle hobby) so I searched and ended up here.
Spent the day reading some of the issues people had and praying I don't have the same thing.
Im just hoping to get 5 years out of this one then look for something newer.
Keeping my fingers crossed here on in New York!

orconn
07-15-13, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

ben.gators
07-15-13, 06:15 PM
Done with my 20 year old truck and '04 SRX with 125k miles got offered to me for $5500 (trade in value my brother got) which is doable for me right now.
Im a big fan of forums (mainly through my motorcycle hobby) so I searched and ended up here.
Spent the day reading some of the issues people had and praying I don't have the same thing.
Im just hoping to get 5 years out of this one then look for something newer.
Keeping my fingers crossed here on in New York!

Hello and welcome! SRX is a great car especially if it comes with N* and magna ride system.

Hoosier Daddy
07-15-13, 08:31 PM
Hello and welcome! SRX is a great car especially if it comes with N* and magna ride system.
Wow. I didn't know any of the previous SRXs came with N*s. That's cool. I saw a few people say in the forums that the previous gen was better but I didn't know why.

Ranger
07-15-13, 09:43 PM
:welcome:

ben.gators
07-16-13, 12:10 AM
Wow. I didn't know any of the previous SRXs came with N*s. That's cool. I saw a few people say in the forums that the previous gen was better but I didn't know why.

Oh yes! The base model came with 3.6L V6 engine, but V-8 engine was available for the first gen SRX too. A RWD car, with 320HP V-8 engine, and now add magna ride suspension to it and you end up with a great piece of machine! Sure enough the second gen SRX is more refined compared to the first gen SRX, but the first gen was a better car!

77CDV
07-16-13, 12:29 AM
:welcome: