: Remote start *used* to work

mckellyb
07-15-13, 12:28 PM
Granted, I don't use it often, but I wanted to when refilling the transmission so my wife didn't have to do it for me.

I recently replaced the starting battery, with the taller, larger capacity one...great[I] idea...checked the settings, and they're correct for my remote and remote start. I even started the engine, turned remote start 'off', shut everything down, locked the doors with the remote, waited for the door sill LEDs to extinguish, started it back up, re-enabled remote start, and it [I]still doesn't do anything.

I saw reference to remote start being, inexplicably, disabled when battery voltage is low, but after sitting overnight, it's at 12.45V. I can see the Ultragauge light up if I just move the door handle a bit.

I threw it on a charger for about an hour last night, voltage was 13.7, yet still nothing.

Everything else on the remote works just fine.

I thought I managed to get it to work one time since the battery change, but I may be losing my mind. It will turn all the turn indicators on, like it just started, but nothing actually happens.

Ideas?

Guy.Seminerio
07-15-13, 12:36 PM
Is the check engine light on? Is the valet lockout switch on?

mckellyb
07-15-13, 01:42 PM
Nope, and I learned there is a lockout switch, yesterday...which is off.

dkozloski
07-15-13, 02:35 PM
After two consecutive remote starts the remote start locks itself out until you start the car conventionally.

mckellyb
07-16-13, 06:35 AM
Well, it worked, yesterday...twice in a row!

Maybe I was too close, or something. You'd think it wouldn't care.

As Gilda Radner (RIP) would say..."never mind".

curtc
07-16-13, 08:57 AM
I can start mine remotely standing right next to it...